Should use of prescription drugs to control behavior problems be reduced?

• Yes, it should be.

The reason these drugs should be reduced is because it is only a temporary fix of an ongoing problem that can be treated with the right therapies. I'm not saying these drugs are uneffective; I'm simply saying that if there's a safer, long term alternative, it should be utilized widely.

• Most behavior is controllable

There are certain disorders that need medication to be properly controlled so sufferers can function properly in society, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, and those who suffer from chronic panic and anxiety attacks. However, there are other problems that can easily be handled with a regimen of counseling and therapy, and medicating them is inhumane and unnecessary.

• Drugs cause more side-effects.

The use of prescription drugs to control behavior problems should be reduced. This is because these drugs often come with so many side-effects that a true cure or true disease management becomes very difficult to determine. People wind up taking medication to help with side-effects from the psychotic drugs. People need to get more sunshine and eat healthier food. That would help so much more.

• Yes They Should

I believe the use of prescription drugs to control behavior problems should be reduced. This is a huge problem with those diagnosed with ADHD, as the school systems they are enrolled in often pressure parents to have the doses upped. I believe we also have too many people on anti-depressants and other pills like xanax and klonopin.