Should use of prescription medicines be regulated more strictly for the elderly?

• Yes, use of prescription medicines should be regulated more strictly for the elderly.

I definitely think that the use of prescription medicines should be more regulated strictly for the elderly. I think that elderly face issues and problems with medicinal use that healthier and younger people do not. That is why it is only logical that they should be treated very differently from them.

• Prescription medicines should be more strictly regulated for everyone!

Prescription medicine is a blight on society. More and more deaths occur every year due to the accidental, misuse, and abuse of prescription medications. It has been proven time and time again that many of these medications have side affects that are not found out until it is far too late. In the case of the elderly, who already have very little time, this can be disastrous. Good diet, nutrition, and a healthy lifestyle would be far more beneficial to most elderly people than the current norm.

• They are not misused.

No, the use of prescription medicines should not be more strictly regulated for the elderly, because it is not the elderly that are most likely to abuse prescription drugs. It is the elderly who need to have drugs more freely available to them, so that they can get the drugs they need.

• No, the regulations are good enough.

No, I do not think the use of prescription medicnes should be regulated more strictly for the elderly. I think the regulations are already strong enough. It just has to be kept affordable and available for the elderly at the right doses at all times. That's what is the most important.