Should users of the World Wide Web or Internet have an inherent right to privacy?

• If we fail to provide baseline privacy protections on the net all basic protection's like freedom of speech would be in jeopardy

If for example whistleblowers could not protect their anonymity online than that would be an anathema to a democratic society. If anything we said online could be mined and used against us for any reason then we would lose a valuable tool that so many rely on for the trust of the internet. We need to ensure basic privacy is met.

• Yes, I think users of the Internet have a right to privacy.

Overall I think the right to be able to use the Internet in privacy is something that should be protected by Governments around the world, I think privacy on the Internet should be something that is a given right for every citizen of every nation who access the Internet daily.

• Internet users have an inherent right to privacy

It is my opinion that Internet users have an inherent right to privacy because so much of their personal information is stored electronically, and is accessed over the Internet. Without this privacy, the government would be able to access every users personal information without permission. This would be a breach of the users' civil rights.

• In a perfect world we would and should all have our privacy.

I believe what we do on the Internet should be private, with the exception of things that we do put put there publicly. However, illegal activities should be able to be seen. There has been an influx on Facebook of people posting pictures and videos of themselves abusing animals, and they have been arrested. But the average person should expect what they do to be private, however we all know it isn't.

• Yes, Internet users should have some privacy rights.

I definitely think that people who use the World Wide Web should have an inherent right to privacy. I do not believe that everything that a person posts online should be public knowledge if they did not intend it to be. But if somebody posts something on a social media site for all to see, then it is fair game.

• The internet is not a right

This question is one that many people have been asking for a very long time because the subject matter is not one that is easily answered. There is a large group of people that believe the answer is simple and a quick resolution can be had. But that is not the case in this situation.