Should vegans keep forcing their views that eating meat is immoral down our throats when god gave us this right?

Asked by: zame33a
  • Veganism is correct:

The slaying of animals in large quantities, much of which goes to waste, in the industrialized sense is absolutely wrong. There is no moral or ethical justification for milling and killing tens of thousands of animals without the direct intent for their guaranteed consumption. No other species performs these heinous acts.

• You are confused...

Veganism is the rejection of all animal byproducts, whereas vegetarianism is the refusal to eat meat. You're referring to vegetarians. Also, just as you have the right to proclaim that an alleged god supposedly gave you the right to eat meat, vegans also have the same right BY LAW (not 'God') to profess their belief that meat-eating is wrong, even if it makes you butthurt or mad. It's called freedom of speech, and no 'God' can mandate that.

Also, nowhere in the evidence you provided does it says that God condoned a carnivorous diet.

• Vegetarianism and veganism are better all-round.

Like it or not, the way we mass-produce and consume animals as items is bad on many levels. We're not doing any favors to the environment, to our own bodies, the the suffering of animals globally, or our future generations.

The Bible is being used in defense of irresponsible practices that bring cruelty, suffering, and an unhealthy and unsustainable lifestyle.

The book cannot be used to defend one specific problem you may have, while ignoring all of it's other commands I'm positive you don't follow. Unless you've typed up your argument from jail.

We still have the right to eat what we please, but there's a healthier, sustainable way to enjoy our food and our current methods are not that.

As for "forcing their views about morality down our throats" you might want to reread that book you keep copy/pasting on everyone's arguments, it's the reigning champion of forcing moral views on others in America.

• Ecosystem is maintained by eating and being eaten

Vegans don't allow the consumption any meat or any animal product. However, it is the eating process that sustains the world ecosystem. It is true that killing animal for purposes other than food is a complete no-no, but human require animal meat. If we don't consume them they will indefinitely interfere with other food chains. Limited killing and consumption is a healthy practice from environment point of view.

• God gave me the right to eat meat. He gave us the animals to eat and rule over

Vegan Pratt groups like forcing their opinions down every ones throat. It is my right. God gave me this right to eat meat. Who gives them the right to shove their opinions down my throat when i believe in what god gave me?
    24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.
    28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule ove

• I respect veganism but abuse/judgment/nastiness is not okay.

I don't have anything against vegans. I completely respect their choices. They don't want to consume meat, dairy or whatever? I respect their choice and their reasoning.
    What I don't respect is vegans forcing their opinions down people's throats and judging/criticizing/abusing people who don't choose to be vegan. I see it on social media the most. Vegans throwing abuse towards non vegans, calling them evil etc. If we choose to eat meat, that's our choice and our business. Vegans might not agree or accept that. But they should respect that we are entitled to do so and move along and maybe not associate with us.
    I understand why people are vegan. I understand the hate towards the animal cruelty. But I just really love meat and dairy and fish. I believe in the whole food chain. And I'm okay with that. As are probably most non vegans.
    So yeah, I think in a healthy debate sure. I will hear a vegan out and listen to their opinions and beliefs. But if they're targeting me or others then it is not okay.

• I dont agree with the "god gave us this right part"

This is what vegans and religion have in common. They have this im holier than thou mentality. The fuckwit 1% who do this and protest in restaurants give the rest a bad name. What the hell are they suggesting that inuit people eat nothing in the winter? Or the poor people in asian 3rd world countries who can only afford to eat insects stop eating because they cant afford a plant based diet?? What is this we arent omnivores bullshit just because we have straight teeth. Do they think our ancestors would have survived without meat?? Ugh fuck those vegans who protest outside their stores who force their rescued dogs and cats on a vegan based diet i their pets go blind.

• Let people live their own lives

If you want to be vegan or vegetarian, good for you! I hope people support your decision. But let me emphasis the YOUR part. You can do whatever the bloody hell you want with your life as long as long as you are willing to face the consequences of your actions (eg getting arrested). But you can't go around telling other people how to live THEIR lives. This is the problem people have with religion. Others walk around the place trying to force Christian, Islamic, Buddhist, etc ideas down your throat when we don't need them to.
    You might believe that using animal products is wrong and that's fine but if you want others to respect your point o view, then you have to learn to respect the opinions of others.

• I'm fine with vegans, but...

I'm fine with vegans and what they stand for, but when they start shoving their beliefs down other peoples' throats, that's when I believe they've gone too far. Sure, killing animals for things other than meat is definitely wrong, but animal meat is a pretty healthy part of an omnivorous diet. I think that we should probably kill less animals and use more meat, but I can't do anything about that. I would love to start shoving my beliefs that meat is fine down their throats, but I'm not that kind of person and I don't want to be.

• No, they shouldn't.

Okay, seriously, just because vegans may not like the fact that people eat animals, it does not mean that they have the right to shove their belief down ours throats. What if someone who ate meat would shove their beliefs down a vegan's throat? They would not like that either.