Should video cameras be installed in classrooms to monitor teacher-student interactions at all times?

• Dsadsa dsadsad bshdbsah

Bsahd dsadas das dsa dsa d sad sad as das ds daf sdf f df ff f dsf f fd fds fds f df fs f df s fdf ds ds dsfd sf dsf dsf dsf ds fds fds fd sf sdf d fd fds fd fds fd sf df dsf ds fds fds fsd f dsf

• Dsadsa dsadsad bshdbsah

• To be safe

Then students wont be as likely to harm a student with a camera watching them. If them do end up harming them than we can punish them for the actions the have shown on to other students. It just isn't nice to get hurt and you might not want to tell an one

• Yes they should.

Being a student myself, I understand the value of having a camera in the classroom.
    1. It will reduce inappropriate student behavior since they know they are being watched.
    2. Teachers will be more likely to stay on topic because they know that their job is at stake.
    3. If a fight breaks out in the classroom, it will be caught on camera, allowing administrators and law enforcement to find out who started it.

• Should be a check on teachers and students

A check on teachers related to what they teach and a check on students related to their way of responding towards their studies and their class behavior when the teacher is out of the class. And as far as I think this will also be a helping hand for the class monitors.!!!!!!!

• No Cameras In Classrooms

1. Reduces privacy and makes students uncomfortable and not able to enjoy learning.

2. Reduces teachers privacy and will not make them and allow them to have fun teaching there students.

3. Cameras will cost millions of dollars in order to be installed and purchased for the school to use.

• No Cameras In Class

• No Cameras In Class

• No Cameras In Class

• The cost is too much

We need cameras everywhere because things could happen out of sight and then we need more cameras being a student myself I find it difficult to focus on work and be watched. And don't get me started on the cost of getting them outdoors. That would cost too much. In my old school i estimated it would cost 4873$ for just indoors with the cheapest cameras. Get those cameras out

• As a teacher

As a teacher I am continually disappointed in the checks and balances for teachers. As in private industry, bosses can fire an employee if they are not performing up to their standards. Principals should get in the classrooms and see what is going on, get rid of ineffective teachers. On top of that, who is going to pay for the equipment and monitoring, etc...?

• No, it's not necessary to have video surveillance of teachers and students.

Although it might increase a feeling of security for parents, it would potentially be a distracting thing for students and teachers to have video cameras in the classroom. Teachers might feel intimidated; students might goof off for the camera. There's really no reason to do this, unless there is a feeling that someone's safety is at risk. Installing this type of system would increase costs at schools, because technology would have to be added, as well as someone to monitor all the teachers. It would be an unnecessary financial burden on a system that is already strapped.

• It doesnt give rights!

I did a little research on this and found out that kids started goofing off more in a test. They were told there was a camera, shown where it was, and they would play around with the camera. Then a class with no camera at the same school in the same grade behaved ten times better than the class with the camera. I rest my case.

• It isn't giving the teacher or the students their privacy.

What if they were going to surprise the principal with a surprise and the principal saw the video and found out. Also, the principal goes around to the different classrooms and examines what happens. I mean would you want to be watched by a camera for the entire school year. What if you accidently hit somebody and thr camera caught that. The student might be misunderstood and wont be able to be justified correctly or fairly.