Should video games be allowed for children under 18?

• Yes, they are part of our culture, and here to stay.

Allowing video games for children under 18 as a course of spare-time entertainment absolutely should be allowed and is not any more detrimental than comic books were years ago. Our puritanical-based culture seems to like to withhold things, and that simply doesn't work. It forces kids to do things in secret, which creates all sorts of other problems, and then when they reach the "magic age" one particular day, they overdo it in harmful ways.

• Yes, video games should be allowed for children under 18.

As with everything, there should be parental guidance and a time limit on the amount of time used. Children need fresh air and outside games. Tag, jump rope, running and other things. However, some video games are good for the mind. Educational and complex. A little video game fun is alright.

• Yes, they should.

Video games should be allowed for children under the age of 18 because it is the parent's job to watch and pay attention to what the child is exposed to, not the government. The parent needs to determine what types of video games are inappropriate and which ones are fine.

• U know your all a bunch of god damn idiots

Look at all of the people that say no u all are a bunch of pussies that didn't grow up playing video games and as far as i can see u are going to have kids that are going to be emotional bitchy pieces of shit and if i was them I'd talk about how stupid my idiot parents are. GTA 5 is a sexy game let your fuckin kids play it

• I don't see why not

First of all here is a fact: violent video games do not make people more violent, it's a myth and science has proven time and time again that it is simply not true.

Second of all there is nothing bad about playing video games, I played video games since I was about 8 years old, do you know why? Because I had no and still do not have ANY friends, why? Because I have autism and make a prime target for bullying, so all that I have left are video games, know what I would have done without video games? Kill myself, I was already depressed and had suicidal thoughts so take away my only form of relief, so video games, and I definitely would have killed myself.

There is nothing harmful about video games, it's just the news trying to convince people to get more viewers, at first it was tv ''ALL THESE KIDS AND THEIR VIOLENT TV SHOWS IT MAKES THEM WANT TO KILL PEOPLE'' but then too many people started watching tv and was found out to be bullshit, next up:

''ALL THESE KIDS AND THEIR VIOLENT COMIC BOOKS, WE SHOULD BAN THEM'' which they did until they started using common sense again because it's also bullshit

and now we're at video games, after all gotta blame SOMETHING, can't be people are crazy that's impossible!

• My Opinion ...

Yes, I agree we should let our kids play video games its nice to come home after a day of school to then relax and suppress your mind with a bit of CoD or TC:Rainbow Six. Also i'm a cool kid and i had a dream about whoever is reading this

• Yeah bruh guus

IF YOU READ THIS YOU ARE A RETARD jk jk L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L L LL LL L L LL

• NO NO NEVER, violent games for children

I think games are needless!
    You waste only your time .
    You miss your whole live and many students forget, besides, trains.
    We may not count on it for which old one the video plays are.
    We should prepare our children for there live without us
    So that's the reason why I sad NO to video games!!!

• Yes to an extent

Yes people under the age of eighteen should be able to play violent video games but to an extent. Video games are a form of entertainment. People under the age of eighteen are seventeen and under, now if your fifteen to seventeen you should be able to play rated M games such as Grand Theft Auto and Gears of War. Other games such as Call of Duty, Halo have a bypass due to its normality in today’s society. The younger kids are allowed to play Call of Duty and Halo because it’s normal to play and have fun.

• Yes to an extent

• No, it they shouldnt.

Depending on the age of the child really for example, if the children you're talking about are under the age of atleast 13, then no. They should not be playing Rated M, video games. Granted, some games get it's bypass and you will let your child play them. But I'm talking about games such as Grand theft auto, Gears of War, Call of duty, and Halo. These games should not be played by children under the age of 13-14 but the games Call of Duty and Halo get a bypass due to their lack of violence compared to GTA and GOW. A child under the age of 13 should not be playing a game like Grand theft auto, simply because they will learn the language from the game itself and use it in real life, they're actions will also come from some video games and affect they're real live's. For example, I see on the news and on tv a lot about parents who complain about their children or kids in general playing these games and having an attitude afterwards, cursing, yelling at family, hitting them etc. This all comes from games such as GTA,GOW,COD, and Halo. After about the age of 12 a child begins to learn that saying things like 'curse' words would get them in trouble in the real world and thus will not act out AS MUCH as when they were small children.

• I think all games should be brand for youth boys and girls under the age of 18 and should be for over 21+

Why i think 21+ is because i feel youth boys and girls get in to the wrong group of friends and there start make thing hipped round house were people live with youth children and lots of old people just when to be able to watch TV and live their life happy also when youth people are in big group police get call out a lot and it waste police time when their could be help some on in need. Also why i think it should be 21+ is because if their do some thing wrong then police can give them big fine.

I think games are needless!
    You waste only your time .

I think games are needless!
    You waste only your time .

I think games are needless!
    You waste only your time .

I think games are needless!
    You waste only your time .

I think games are needless!
    You waste only your time .

I think games are needless!
    You waste only your time .

• Violent video games should be banned

Violent video games should be banned for those who are under the age of 18 because they can have bad dreams and wake up and go crying to their parents while they are trying to sleep or are a sleep and have to wake up early for work in the morning.

• No supervision , ,

It is not good for children to play/watch. Nm m m m m m m mm mm mm m m mmmmmmmmmmmm m m m m m m mmm m mm m m m m m m m m mm m m m m m m m m m m m m

BurningSnoMan says2013-04-16T15:44:25.093
The question itself applies to all video games but my point is for rated M games.