Should video games be taken away during the school year?

• No no no

No no non no n o on onnonn on onnn no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• It'll be a dull and lifeless world

Students have the rights to play video games even during school years as there is already a huge burden for the students, and if they do not get to balance their learning time and entertainment time, there would be too much stress on them and maybe even get illnesses due to stress for long periods. Think of it, if parents get the freedom to watch their television, why don't children get their freedom to play video games (of course, if children get too obsessed with too much games, they should be limited to play to only a certain extent).

• It's a no from me

Taking away video games during the school year is just unreasonable. I grew up in a household where it's no TV, no computer, and no video games until 6......... AFTER the schoolwork is finished

Keeping people in a world where it's work, work, work is dumb. You wouldn't stop watching TV on work days, would you?

• What a strange thing to suggest...!

I can't stand school. The only way I can get out of real life is video games. If it wasn't for them I'd probably have blown my brains out by now. I'm not suggesting that I don't try in school because I do but I hate social interaction and I just can't be myself along with many other gamers. It's just when kids aren't doing their work in school and not doing any homework and getting into trouble because of video games - THAT'S when they need to start disciplining.

• No, children should be allowed to play video games during the school year.

Taking away video games would be like a punishment. Children need to come home and relax and do something fun. I think it should be curtailed, perhaps an hour a day, or just on Friday and Saturday. As long as they are maintained good grades, and spending time outside, or/and with family, I don't see the harm to allowing a little video game fun.

• Balance is needed

I do not think that video games should be taken away during the school year. Children need to learn balance because that is what it takes to be a successful adult. Learning how to prioritize school and play is a necessary skill of life. Children need to learn that if they work hard, they can play hard.

• No, of course not.

There is absolutely no reason to take such a black and white stance. Video games should be limited to after school work is completed, certainly, but not taken away entirely. This type of hot and cold action is very similar to why diets don't work. You cut something out for X amount of time and slim down, but the moment you're allowed to relax, you slingshot back into old habits and undo all the previous deprivation. It creates an unhealthy back and forth habit and encourages addiction and sneaking around to get a 'fix'.

• No, of course not.