Should violent games have a higher age restriction?

• Yes, video games should have a high age restriction.

Yes, video games should have a high age restriction. I believe this because there have been proven detrimental effects of these violent video games on children of inappropriate ages. Many parents are not aware of the ratings in games and do not understand the violence their children are being exposed to. I believe that if we raised the ages on the restrictions as well as enforce these age restrictions we would have a lower level of violence in out society. Children are incredibly impressionable and often their exposure to these games, although it does not directly “make” them violent can cause them to see this type of violence as acceptable and not imaginary is it.

• Yes, I think that violent video games should have a higher age restriction.

I think that violent video games should have a higher age restriction because violent video games are not a necessity for young aged people. These types of video games also damage and fill young minds with inappropriate language, and other things that may cause the kid to do violent things (like what you would see in a violent video games) in the future. Raising the age level will help because people who are older would understand the content and know that it is only a game, compared to young aged people. The age limit should at least be 16 or 17 minimum for really violent games like call of duty and GTA. For other less violent games, it the age should be 112 or 13 years old.

• Yes yes yes

Because they have a massive influence in later life, in the UK they have 12 15 and 18. Really if you are playing games when you are over 18 that's not right. Games should be more direct and PEGI ratings can be more clear. Games like GTA should be for 18 but why make games for over 18?

• Yes to a higher age restriction...

I think yes because violent video games can show inappropriate content and inappropriate language. Maybe kids that are younger than the age limit might see things they are not supposed (allowed) to see at that age. Also young kids minds aren't as developed as an adult's brain. Kids get may get addicted to the game, and one day might get stuck playing a violent video games instead of doing the things they have to do. They may also end up doing these violent things in real life.

• What are people thinking of saying no?????? There are too many reasons y age requirement should be for older kids

-Some video games are not age appropriate for the ratings given
    -Some games adults are unaware of the ratings and violence in video games
    -Giving more violent video games for higher ages lets younger kids play less violent games
    -Violent actions in the video games could influence children to do it in real life
    -Could cause to have nightmares about something
    -Young children especially can get addicted to video games easily
    -Could affect eyes or cause headaches(especially younger children) from staring at a screen to long
    -Could make children overweight at a young age from staying inside or not being active
    -If young person starts playing it could spread to the whole family/school

• Yes they should

I think violent video games should be banned from kids because if they have a younger brother or sister in the house they could dopey and bring the violence to school and spread it every ware then every child could end up in a child care or taken away for either killing there parents or killing someone or anyone and it could be you!

• I think they should

I like to play video games and yes some are violent but so what and now because parents buy their kids violent games so they have something to complain about is just wrong stop buy your young kids violent video games. I played gta 5 a couple days ago and there was a kid on there. I'd say about 8 or 9 buy they way his voice sounded and he went around killing people and saying I raped you and your mom. Im not saying all kids are like that I now some kids that are my online friends that play black opes 2 and they don't react like that and I have some friends that play gta 5 and they don't act like that if they raise the age maybe parents will relies that they should not buy the kids violent video games unless their child can handle it

• Take time to Hear what your child is saying on these video games.

As a Gamer myself I find it annoying that these kids are trying so bad to fit in with the older generation of teens. Just look up "Angry gamer kid" on YouTube and there's your proof. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• The should have a higher age restriction.

This research has come from CNN.Com/health. Research has shown that kids that play violent video games are more likely to do the stuff they see while they are playing the video games in real life. By playing these games the kids are not sleeping well. Which prevents them from getting good grades. As we know I every kid plays these violent games our world will never be at peace. The research also has shown that child aggression has also gone up in kids that play violent video games

• No it's dumb

Dude come on its so dumb if parents didn't want there kid to play the game they should have done some research on the game and just said no u can't have this game Billy (some random name) it's to violent, but no parents pay for the game the say you can't play it come on parents

• No no no

What about movies some are super violent just sayin byigiuihuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhh h h hh h h h h h h h h h h hh hh h h ui hiu hui hui huh uhihuh u huhuuh hu huh uh ih ihuh uhh ihi hi ihi h ihihih ihi hi ihhihi

• Gtgtg gtg gtg

G g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g gg g g g g g g g g

• I say no

Fghfghfhfghghghgh gg gg bb b b l ll l l l l l l l lll l l ll l l l l l l l j jk jk j j kk jk kj kj kj j kj j j j kjk j j kj kj j j j j

• I say no

• I say no

• I think they should

• Should violent games have a higher age restriction?

Of coarse not! A game that is released already have an official game rating. You cant override a game rating for your own specific and general pleasure of wanting a safer world. That time has passed. I hate it when people say that games control people because people have a mind of their own. They can control what they do unless they have a disability. Games are not sci-kick and if you say they do then i want proof. Thank you

• Everyone can choose for themself.

I think everyone can decide if they wan`t to play those games or not,
    if you want to have a higher age limit you can set one for yourself
    but keep in mind:
    1. For every scientifical study that proves that kids are getting more violent of violent video games there is five times more studies that proves the opposite

• It's not right

In this world we have a million more things that affect children these days and video games aren't one of them. In today's society kids go outside and see violence and their more exposed to that then violent video games. I t would be helpful because at least the video games keeps them in the house and not outside on the streets where they could see real violence up close and personal. In all honesty there isn't a right or wrong answer, but i'm just saying why try and make something harmless illegal and end up getting more people arrested and make this world worse then what it already is