• Living A Good Life

Imagine , if we actually did have a purge life would be swell , for those who can survive through it .
    At the beginning of the movie , it says 'unemployment is at 1%' can you imagine how great a majority of us would be living ? We'd be able to afford protection just like the Sandin's .
    By allowing everyone who chooses to participate in the purge for the short 12-hour period , we would all live in peace the other 364 days . I don't know about you , but that sounds pretty grand .

Posted by: xkr
  • Improvement of the human race

Animal purge themselves, food chain, strongest, fastest, smartest only survive. Human race: we keep the sick artificialy alive, we keep those who can't produce and ben active member of the society, we keep the dumb by putting stupid rules in place and dumb warning label. We would get rid of those flaw in the human race. Improving the living quality of everyone.

• Less crime around the U.S.

If we had an annual purge, I believe the crime rates would decrease dramatically. I'm not saying that it would disappear completely but I definitely think it wouldn't be as high. Considering most people don't want to go to jail. Also it would take out some built up anger that normally causes people to do physical crimes to other people. People would realize "Hey if I wait till the purge I can get away with the crime I want to do."

• I've actually thought about the idea before the movie.

I've toyed with this idea before, and to be quite honest, I kind of like it. You take the entire population, and have them to anything illegal that they want free of consequence once per year. It would sure give me a good excuse to see if my '01 Malibu can actually hit over 120.

-"But it would increase crime!"
    For one thing, you can't have crime if there are no laws. Secondly, even if it does, how much will it? When the Netherlands legalized Marijuana, it's use remained stable even though the threat of imprisonment is gone. Lastly, I would assert that the reason why many people don't do the violent crimes (like rape and murder, if not most non-violent crimes as well), is because they don't see it as morally just (cue religious dogma), and therefore no amount of lawlessness will make them commit those crimes, therefore crimes won't significantly increase.

• We are overpopulated

I dont think killing people is good but the purge isnt just about killing. Its ALL crime like stealing and again im not saying its good but it would allow people to get what they need without getting in trouble .It would also help out with our overpopulation problem. So yeah it would be a good idea in a way

• It could work

Ok so first of all, to those that say there is no overpopulation or global warming... OPEN YOUR EYES! Second, people base their view off of the actual movie, which mainly surrounded death. In real life, 999,999 out of every 1,000,000 people would want to try small things such as speeding, drinking underage, gambling, smoking pot, etc. and that 1 in a million would be able to kill what, maybe 2 or 3 people. Come on it would work.

• In a SECLUDED area

I think there should be a set place where all the killers etc can come if they want to do such a thing. This gives the children etc to be safe and go to a safe place if needed. This way, only the KILLERS who plan on killing kill other killers with will kill the amount of killers that kill helpless people.

• Wow, what a terrible idea

Ok so let's just say it's NYC on Purge night. The homeless are scrambling for shelter and people are readying their weapons. The night goes on with robbery, rape, murder, etc. The next morning, the city is in shambles. Every store has been damaged and looted. The dead bodies of men, women, children, and animals litter the streets. Blood is still flowing down the sewers. Those who are still alive have one of three feelings: nothing at all (small percentage), scared for life (those who saw loved ones die), or terrible guilt. The economy is destroyed because both store owners and their stores have been destroyed. Not to mention the moral codes that are engraved in our conscience have been shattered. So yeah, the purge is an awful idea.

• I believe it should exist

Why not have a purge? I mean, yeah it sounds awful to some but if you really think about it... Life goes on as the strong survive (survival of the fittest) so why not have one day out of the year where everyone who wants to release their emotions, pent up frustrations, and anger Because i'd go to the military bases and steal a tank and kill everyone i don't like.Crime rates outside of the purge would drop.

• The purge would give people an opertunity to commit crimes that they wouldn't have commuted otherwise.

The fear of getting caught or going to jail is probably one of the only things keeping Americans from committing crimes in the first place.If you take that away for a day, not only will the criminals be loose but people that wouldn't have committed in the first place too. It would also put everyone in uneccisary danger. If the crime was spread out, there would be less terror than if it was all in one night. The purge is a stupid idea.

• You stupid psychopaths.

We are going back in time. The goal of modern society is to treat all equally as much as possible.

This is Nazism at its worst. There is no overpopulation (at least not in this vast nation). It may seem overpopulated if you live in the city, but try out a place like Central California or Wyoming.

There is no global warming. There is no climate change. The only problem is distribution of resources. People usually overeat and waste food, or get fat. Plus, a lot of it goes to cattle.

• The purge is terribly flawed.

The purge would increase the murder rate. Also, some of us really aren't so capable of murder, or let along breaking any other law.

There are other ways to release our rage, but murder isn't one of them. Society can't function like that. Plus, violence doesn't do much other than hurting someone.

• Whats the point?

Having an annual purge could result in disaster. If all emergency are suspended for 12 hours then what happens if someone has a major illness and has a heart attack or something then that person could die because they are suspended. Although it was used as a way of separating the poor from the rich. Is that really fair?

• If it happens I'll kill every convict or murderer I see

If it happens I'll be one killing off the evil. I'll arm myself form a group with one goal protect the helpless and innocent. I'll hang every convict and murderer out there. They'll fear the purge since it'll be the day when I can kill every low-life out there. I will purge evil.

• Sickos will get away with child sex

If all crime is legal, think about all the paedophiles that could rape your children, they'll get away with it, crime isn't just murder or theft.
    I mean, you wouldn't like it if a group of perverted men broke in your house and started raping your kids would you? That's just sick.

• A terrorist's dream

This is an incredibly stupid idea. The fact that all emergency is suspended and ALL crime is legal is only a dream for any terrorist. I can only imagine how many people within and outside the united states would plant bombs all over NYC only to detonate wall street and other important buildings possibly sending the world into economic chaos. Businesses would be ruined, GDP would tank, and hospitals would be overcrowded with murder victims.

What happens if someone obtains a bio-weapon and unleashes it on the purge (it would be perfectly legal) imagine the aftermath.

No. Just no. I hate anarchists, and always will.

• It's not really fair no nonviolent people

Maybe the people who want to participate should all go into a gated area together and leave people who don't want to commit violent crimes out of danger. I like smoking pot and doing other recreational drugs, but I certainly would never want to cause pain to another human being.

• No its a bad idea

If we had a purge, then our love ones would get hurt or killed. We would get seriously injured. It may sound worth it but its not. It may sound easy just to walk out and go steal stuff. But its not. You will see people killing and kidnappings. Or they will come for you. Our world will never be the same or have peace if we have a purge. Its just a movie. Would you really want risk your life and love ones just for the purge? Would you want to lose everything? Think about it and have some common sense.

• A Purge is Just Extremely Illogical

Even if you ignore the moral issues with having a Purge, all crime being legal for one night would be a terrible idea. One cannot conclude that the amount of crime committed on that night will be less than the amount committed in a year now-a-days. The only difference that we can deduce is that a lot of crime committed in one day will have worse effects than crime committed over a long period of time.

Say, for example, that groups of people end up robbing banks all over the country, which is probably very likely. I imagine that the number would be pretty significant, which could result in the crashing of the United States economy. Why would we want to risk something like that for something that probably will not decrease the number of crimes committed?

• Why kill innocent people for nothing

I Know many people have a strong dislike for others but that is no reason to decide to have an annual purge. Yes the movie was good but it's starting to get out of hand everybody should just stop . There are already enough crimes in the work having a purge would just make it worse

Sparkay says2014-07-12T09:59:50.827
I would cry in a corner wearing jug armour with a sniper/rifle and a katana/raygunmark2
molly.holden says2014-07-31T20:46:05.700
If there was a purge I would steal clothes and be fly as hell once the purge is over