• Improvement of the human race

Animal purge themselves, food chain, strongest, fastest, smartest only survive. Human race: we keep the sick artificialy alive, we keep those who can't produce and ben active member of the society, we keep the dumb by putting stupid rules in place and dumb warning label. We would get rid of those flaw in the human race. Improving the living quality of everyone.

• Living A Good Life

Imagine , if we actually did have a purge life would be swell , for those who can survive through it .
    At the beginning of the movie , it says 'unemployment is at 1%' can you imagine how great a majority of us would be living ? We'd be able to afford protection just like the Sandin's .
    By allowing everyone who chooses to participate in the purge for the short 12-hour period , we would all live in peace the other 364 days . I don't know about you , but that sounds pretty grand .

Posted by: xkr
  • Less crime around the U.S.

If we had an annual purge, I believe the crime rates would decrease dramatically. I'm not saying that it would disappear completely but I definitely think it wouldn't be as high. Considering most people don't want to go to jail. Also it would take out some built up anger that normally causes people to do physical crimes to other people. People would realize "Hey if I wait till the purge I can get away with the crime I want to do."

• We are overpopulated

I dont think killing people is good but the purge isnt just about killing. Its ALL crime like stealing and again im not saying its good but it would allow people to get what they need without getting in trouble .It would also help out with our overpopulation problem. So yeah it would be a good idea in a way

• I believe it should exist

Why not have a purge? I mean, yeah it sounds awful to some but if you really think about it... Life goes on as the strong survive (survival of the fittest) so why not have one day out of the year where everyone who wants to release their emotions, pent up frustrations, and anger Because i'd go to the military bases and steal a tank and kill everyone i don't like.Crime rates outside of the purge would drop.

• In a SECLUDED area

I think there should be a set place where all the killers etc can come if they want to do such a thing. This gives the children etc to be safe and go to a safe place if needed. This way, only the KILLERS who plan on killing kill other killers with will kill the amount of killers that kill helpless people.

• I've actually thought about the idea before the movie.

I've toyed with this idea before, and to be quite honest, I kind of like it. You take the entire population, and have them to anything illegal that they want free of consequence once per year. It would sure give me a good excuse to see if my '01 Malibu can actually hit over 120.

-"But it would increase crime!"
    For one thing, you can't have crime if there are no laws. Secondly, even if it does, how much will it? When the Netherlands legalized Marijuana, it's use remained stable even though the threat of imprisonment is gone. Lastly, I would assert that the reason why many people don't do the violent crimes (like rape and murder, if not most non-violent crimes as well), is because they don't see it as morally just (cue religious dogma), and therefore no amount of lawlessness will make them commit those crimes, therefore crimes won't significantly increase.

• Wow, what a terrible idea

Ok so let's just say it's NYC on Purge night. The homeless are scrambling for shelter and people are readying their weapons. The night goes on with robbery, rape, murder, etc. The next morning, the city is in shambles. Every store has been damaged and looted. The dead bodies of men, women, children, and animals litter the streets. Blood is still flowing down the sewers. Those who are still alive have one of three feelings: nothing at all (small percentage), scared for life (those who saw loved ones die), or terrible guilt. The economy is destroyed because both store owners and their stores have been destroyed. Not to mention the moral codes that are engraved in our conscience have been shattered. So yeah, the purge is an awful idea.

• It could work

Ok so first of all, to those that say there is no overpopulation or global warming... OPEN YOUR EYES! Second, people base their view off of the actual movie, which mainly surrounded death. In real life, 999,999 out of every 1,000,000 people would want to try small things such as speeding, drinking underage, gambling, smoking pot, etc. and that 1 in a million would be able to kill what, maybe 2 or 3 people. Come on it would work.

• The purge would give people an opertunity to commit crimes that they wouldn't have commuted otherwise.

The fear of getting caught or going to jail is probably one of the only things keeping Americans from committing crimes in the first place.If you take that away for a day, not only will the criminals be loose but people that wouldn't have committed in the first place too. It would also put everyone in uneccisary danger. If the crime was spread out, there would be less terror than if it was all in one night. The purge is a stupid idea.

• Just another misdirection

A purge would just be a way for wealthy individuals to take advantage of the poor and middle classes. Poor and middle class people would murder one another after being "educated" hate filled propaganda (race, religion, sexual identify, gender identity, education level, disability, etc.) The wealthy would watch genocide from the comforts of their secure multi-million dollar homes,while the rest of the country suffers terrors of the night: murder, rape, torture, etc. Urban areas would be in ruin and survivors would never feel safety again, because the purge would return in another 365 days. However, they wouldn't think to blame the rich, growing ever richer from their suffering; they'd just continue to blame and hate one another, gearing up for the next purge.

• Its scary how crazy you people are

People are also hilariously assuming The Purge would work at all.. Yeah I'm sure all the rape and human trafficking victims will feel like The Purge really set them straight for a whole year. I'm sure people felt real great about The Purge as they spent the next month attending funerals of loved ones.

I'm sure business' don't suffer serious production problems from entire swaths of employees being killed, stores and factories robbed/burned down...

It's ridiculous anybody thinks this would work XD

• No because theres kids that need a future

They are killing innocent lives and its not worth it kids people family innocent people is not cool, their is no reason for America to have a purge and if their would be a purge I would comit suicide , and if somebody trys to hurt anybody related to me their going through me

• Think about your loved ones...

If you have cousins, nieces,nephews, aunts, uncles, sister or brother that possibly could be killed or hurt. My dad died of cancer in June 2017. My life was ruined. But I wouldn't want that to happen to any one else. And they wouldn't die of cancer they would die of being MURDERED. No should have to go through that!!

• Its unjust and unfair.

I do not see the point in it, as many places can seem overpopulated but some places aren't and are incredibly poor and unfair. I think as part of doing the purge you are committing a crime that is illegal therefore, if you do take part you will feel guilty and you should because it s another addition of segregation between black and white, poor and rich, ect. I'm not exactly Christian but I do believe we are all equal and all human. Because I know the people committing these crimes were in their positions they would want it to change because everyone no matter what feels that way, but some cruel people in this world just don't think that way.

I watched the movie, and just see how vulnerable some people are and how people take advantage of it and the crimes that took place for that one homeless guy and also the huge scheme between the neighbours for one family! Don't you think your just surrounding them? Leaving no choices, I'm surprised they even survived. But it is a movie.

• Yeah we should definitely purge,

Might as well purge animals as well they bug me to, oh and I love incest and rape sounds great to me!! Wow im so excited, wait this one day will get all my anger out..... And ill be good for a year calm as a monk right???? Hmm I Don't think so let's make it a week purge then a month purge then. Just all year round!!!! So sweet, well shoot it will help the economy , kill people and get more money Great!! We do need more selfish lonely rich people in the world or just people who really care about them selves only. Great idea 40 percent of you.....

• Why would u want that

Why would you want a purge what if your loved ones died because of it if you say yes you are stupid you are selfish what if you died and you wanted a purge to happen that is wrong curse you selfish people i'm done with people like you you piece of trash.

• There Is a Lot of Crime

There has been so much crime going on across the nation and people are starting to get sick of it. One purge a few years now and then wouldn't do any harm they are made because when your mad at someone and you wanna get revenge you can’t just do it out in the open for everybody to see that would just be illegal but during the purge you can do whatever the heck you want to the person and you will not get in trouble.

• This is so dumb!

Why would the goverment allow people to commit crimes? This would totally ruin the economy. Consider this situation: "Hey John, I know this is a little sudden, but during the purge, all of the gas stations, stores, and other basic stores were destroyed. I'd say we should move, but our car was stolen, then blown up." Or consider this situation: "Hey! Get off of me! Why are you shooting everyone!" "Dude, it's the purge. I'm sorry, but free crimes."

Also, I've seen people say that "the strong survive." You know who else wanted to make it so that the world was perfect? HITLER. That's right, the Purge is basically the Holocaust. The director who made the Purge movies said that they were made as a warning.

• Would Send The USA Into Chaos

Okay, I found this idea really stupid. I mean, even before the purge happens, most of the American population would move to Canada or Mexico. This would cause the decrease of the American population, and to conclude this, other countries would think that USA is stupid for torturing their innocent citizens.

Sparkay says2014-07-12T09:59:50.827
I would cry in a corner wearing jug armour with a sniper/rifle and a katana/raygunmark2
molly.holden says2014-07-31T20:46:05.700
If there was a purge I would steal clothes and be fly as hell once the purge is over
wefuntw says2015-10-02T10:19:09.330
If I am the Chinese or Russian leader, I will agree with the American purge very very much! Any powerful nation could invade U.S. and win easily when you Americans are busy killing each other, making your own country a war zone with countless dying in streets.
dj123w1 says2016-05-06T00:49:03.607
If you were to kill a killer even for a good cause, there would still be the same amount of killers on this earth.
wefuntw says2017-08-30T09:06:44.557
For those who agreed Purge, do you agree to be killed? You and your family to be wiped out? If not, you do not agree with Purge.