• Improvement of the human race

Animal purge themselves, food chain, strongest, fastest, smartest only survive. Human race: we keep the sick artificialy alive, we keep those who can't produce and ben active member of the society, we keep the dumb by putting stupid rules in place and dumb warning label. We would get rid of those flaw in the human race. Improving the living quality of everyone.

• Living A Good Life

Imagine , if we actually did have a purge life would be swell , for those who can survive through it .
    At the beginning of the movie , it says 'unemployment is at 1%' can you imagine how great a majority of us would be living ? We'd be able to afford protection just like the Sandin's .
    By allowing everyone who chooses to participate in the purge for the short 12-hour period , we would all live in peace the other 364 days . I don't know about you , but that sounds pretty grand .

Posted by: xkr
  • Less crime around the U.S.

If we had an annual purge, I believe the crime rates would decrease dramatically. I'm not saying that it would disappear completely but I definitely think it wouldn't be as high. Considering most people don't want to go to jail. Also it would take out some built up anger that normally causes people to do physical crimes to other people. People would realize "Hey if I wait till the purge I can get away with the crime I want to do."

• We are overpopulated

I dont think killing people is good but the purge isnt just about killing. Its ALL crime like stealing and again im not saying its good but it would allow people to get what they need without getting in trouble .It would also help out with our overpopulation problem. So yeah it would be a good idea in a way

• I believe it should exist

Why not have a purge? I mean, yeah it sounds awful to some but if you really think about it... Life goes on as the strong survive (survival of the fittest) so why not have one day out of the year where everyone who wants to release their emotions, pent up frustrations, and anger Because i'd go to the military bases and steal a tank and kill everyone i don't like.Crime rates outside of the purge would drop.

• In a SECLUDED area

I think there should be a set place where all the killers etc can come if they want to do such a thing. This gives the children etc to be safe and go to a safe place if needed. This way, only the KILLERS who plan on killing kill other killers with will kill the amount of killers that kill helpless people.

• I've actually thought about the idea before the movie.

I've toyed with this idea before, and to be quite honest, I kind of like it. You take the entire population, and have them to anything illegal that they want free of consequence once per year. It would sure give me a good excuse to see if my '01 Malibu can actually hit over 120.

-"But it would increase crime!"
    For one thing, you can't have crime if there are no laws. Secondly, even if it does, how much will it? When the Netherlands legalized Marijuana, it's use remained stable even though the threat of imprisonment is gone. Lastly, I would assert that the reason why many people don't do the violent crimes (like rape and murder, if not most non-violent crimes as well), is because they don't see it as morally just (cue religious dogma), and therefore no amount of lawlessness will make them commit those crimes, therefore crimes won't significantly increase.

• Wow, what a terrible idea

Ok so let's just say it's NYC on Purge night. The homeless are scrambling for shelter and people are readying their weapons. The night goes on with robbery, rape, murder, etc. The next morning, the city is in shambles. Every store has been damaged and looted. The dead bodies of men, women, children, and animals litter the streets. Blood is still flowing down the sewers. Those who are still alive have one of three feelings: nothing at all (small percentage), scared for life (those who saw loved ones die), or terrible guilt. The economy is destroyed because both store owners and their stores have been destroyed. Not to mention the moral codes that are engraved in our conscience have been shattered. So yeah, the purge is an awful idea.

• It could work

Ok so first of all, to those that say there is no overpopulation or global warming... OPEN YOUR EYES! Second, people base their view off of the actual movie, which mainly surrounded death. In real life, 999,999 out of every 1,000,000 people would want to try small things such as speeding, drinking underage, gambling, smoking pot, etc. and that 1 in a million would be able to kill what, maybe 2 or 3 people. Come on it would work.

• The purge would give people an opertunity to commit crimes that they wouldn't have commuted otherwise.

The fear of getting caught or going to jail is probably one of the only things keeping Americans from committing crimes in the first place.If you take that away for a day, not only will the criminals be loose but people that wouldn't have committed in the first place too. It would also put everyone in uneccisary danger. If the crime was spread out, there would be less terror than if it was all in one night. The purge is a stupid idea.

• Are you kidding me?

Really? Who came up with this question?

Why should the dignity of killers come before the killed? Whatever happened to the dignity of people and the constant vigilance of the rule of law? Are we trying to create a police state where we drive people into paranoia from the fear of being victimized by lunatics? Are we trying to subject people's dignity to a melodramatic popularity contest where the uncool simply get killed off?

• Really? Who came up with this question?

Are you kidding me?

#yolo

• This is a very dumb idea

But in all seriousness most people probably wouldn't be going about committing murders. Why? Because there's still consequences. If they don't get you back for it the same day all they have to do is wait for the next purge. More likely people would be going around stealing and looting in order to get as much money as possible while trying to avoid killing people because they wouldn't want retaliation during the next purge.

• Can you imagine.....

If every year you could get away with any crime that you wanted to. Imagine how it would feel to be the person everyone was hunting down. If you had made anyone mad that would be there time to kill or seriously injure you. The world would be in complete mayhem for a day, it would be like a huge natural disaster with tons of people dying in cruel ways.

• WTF is this!?

Rewarding murder?! Denying people basic human rights? This is BS. No I don't think it would help the country at all when you consider the damage it could do to businesses, schools, government buildings, and so on. This is outrageous. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who wants to die in a purge.

• The purge is terribly flawed.

The purge would increase the murder rate. Also, some of us really aren't so capable of murder, or let along breaking any other law.

There are other ways to release our rage, but murder isn't one of them. Society can't function like that. Plus, violence doesn't do much other than hurting someone.

• Hope this is a dumb joke

Really, let people do what ever they want for one day, and assume that that will have absolutely no negative impact on the remainder of the year? So for this one day i can go, rape and kill your children because there is no laws... I feel like im missing some point, but this isnt how society works

• The purge is awful.

Of course we shouldn't have it. The purge was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I would highly suggest that no one should buy or have the Purge. I mean I guess if you really really wanted it you could go out and get it, but I can assure you... It isn't worth it.

• No no no

If there was a purge, murder rates would more than ten fold. I mean seriously there would be about 1/5 of our population gone in one day. They could get any weapon, walk out on the street, and shoot everyone they wanted to. The military could bomb the country with nukes and missiles.

• You stupid psychopaths.

We are going back in time. The goal of modern society is to treat all equally as much as possible.

This is Nazism at its worst. There is no overpopulation (at least not in this vast nation). It may seem overpopulated if you live in the city, but try out a place like Central California or Wyoming.

There is no global warming. There is no climate change. The only problem is distribution of resources. People usually overeat and waste food, or get fat. Plus, a lot of it goes to cattle.

Sparkay says2014-07-12T09:59:50.827
I would cry in a corner wearing jug armour with a sniper/rifle and a katana/raygunmark2
molly.holden says2014-07-31T20:46:05.700
If there was a purge I would steal clothes and be fly as hell once the purge is over
wefuntw says2015-10-02T10:19:09.330
If I am the Chinese or Russian leader, I will agree with the American purge very very much! Any powerful nation could invade U.S. and win easily when you Americans are busy killing each other, making your own country a war zone with countless dying in streets.
dj123w1 says2016-05-06T00:49:03.607
If you were to kill a killer even for a good cause, there would still be the same amount of killers on this earth.
wefuntw says2017-08-30T09:06:44.557
For those who agreed Purge, do you agree to be killed? You and your family to be wiped out? If not, you do not agree with Purge.