• Improvement of the human race

Animal purge themselves, food chain, strongest, fastest, smartest only survive. Human race: we keep the sick artificialy alive, we keep those who can't produce and ben active member of the society, we keep the dumb by putting stupid rules in place and dumb warning label. We would get rid of those flaw in the human race. Improving the living quality of everyone.

• Living A Good Life

Imagine , if we actually did have a purge life would be swell , for those who can survive through it .
    At the beginning of the movie , it says 'unemployment is at 1%' can you imagine how great a majority of us would be living ? We'd be able to afford protection just like the Sandin's .
    By allowing everyone who chooses to participate in the purge for the short 12-hour period , we would all live in peace the other 364 days . I don't know about you , but that sounds pretty grand .

Posted by: xkr
  • Less crime around the U.S.

If we had an annual purge, I believe the crime rates would decrease dramatically. I'm not saying that it would disappear completely but I definitely think it wouldn't be as high. Considering most people don't want to go to jail. Also it would take out some built up anger that normally causes people to do physical crimes to other people. People would realize "Hey if I wait till the purge I can get away with the crime I want to do."

• We are overpopulated

I dont think killing people is good but the purge isnt just about killing. Its ALL crime like stealing and again im not saying its good but it would allow people to get what they need without getting in trouble .It would also help out with our overpopulation problem. So yeah it would be a good idea in a way

• I believe it should exist

Why not have a purge? I mean, yeah it sounds awful to some but if you really think about it... Life goes on as the strong survive (survival of the fittest) so why not have one day out of the year where everyone who wants to release their emotions, pent up frustrations, and anger Because i'd go to the military bases and steal a tank and kill everyone i don't like.Crime rates outside of the purge would drop.

• In a SECLUDED area

I think there should be a set place where all the killers etc can come if they want to do such a thing. This gives the children etc to be safe and go to a safe place if needed. This way, only the KILLERS who plan on killing kill other killers with will kill the amount of killers that kill helpless people.

• I've actually thought about the idea before the movie.

I've toyed with this idea before, and to be quite honest, I kind of like it. You take the entire population, and have them to anything illegal that they want free of consequence once per year. It would sure give me a good excuse to see if my '01 Malibu can actually hit over 120.

-"But it would increase crime!"
    For one thing, you can't have crime if there are no laws. Secondly, even if it does, how much will it? When the Netherlands legalized Marijuana, it's use remained stable even though the threat of imprisonment is gone. Lastly, I would assert that the reason why many people don't do the violent crimes (like rape and murder, if not most non-violent crimes as well), is because they don't see it as morally just (cue religious dogma), and therefore no amount of lawlessness will make them commit those crimes, therefore crimes won't significantly increase.

• Wow, what a terrible idea

Ok so let's just say it's NYC on Purge night. The homeless are scrambling for shelter and people are readying their weapons. The night goes on with robbery, rape, murder, etc. The next morning, the city is in shambles. Every store has been damaged and looted. The dead bodies of men, women, children, and animals litter the streets. Blood is still flowing down the sewers. Those who are still alive have one of three feelings: nothing at all (small percentage), scared for life (those who saw loved ones die), or terrible guilt. The economy is destroyed because both store owners and their stores have been destroyed. Not to mention the moral codes that are engraved in our conscience have been shattered. So yeah, the purge is an awful idea.

• It could work

Ok so first of all, to those that say there is no overpopulation or global warming... OPEN YOUR EYES! Second, people base their view off of the actual movie, which mainly surrounded death. In real life, 999,999 out of every 1,000,000 people would want to try small things such as speeding, drinking underage, gambling, smoking pot, etc. and that 1 in a million would be able to kill what, maybe 2 or 3 people. Come on it would work.

• The purge would give people an opertunity to commit crimes that they wouldn't have commuted otherwise.

The fear of getting caught or going to jail is probably one of the only things keeping Americans from committing crimes in the first place.If you take that away for a day, not only will the criminals be loose but people that wouldn't have committed in the first place too. It would also put everyone in uneccisary danger. If the crime was spread out, there would be less terror than if it was all in one night. The purge is a stupid idea.

• This would be the end of the U.S

If we had an annual purge this is what would happen murderer and robbery.It will only happen for twelve hours right?WRONG! The people who purge would still purge long after.Why you ask.They can that's why.How? Well you see with the police shut down for 12 hours the murderers/robbers would still do what they are doing.Therected would be too many to stop they wouldn't respect the rules, they never have and they never will.The police would not be able to stop them.Also news gets around.Terrorists and serial killers would here that this country has an annual purge and they would decide to get in on this action!We the good citizen would be doomed, and also do you think the government officials ranked "ranked 10 or higher"are safe , no they would get killed! No one would be safe! Also what about robbery huh stores and businesses would lose money and employees! They wouldn't be able to survive! Think about how Christ would feel if we actually did this.ALSO THE arson and fire.There would be so much fire that after the purge whole towns could be gone, destroyed. We would lose what our country stands for!

• Innocent people killed for no good reason

Basically its not right for a family to be killed esspecially when rapists serial killers ect would be more likely to survive naive children would be exposed to terrifiying uneeded experiences .Crime would not be the awnser esspecially if were trying to end crime not start it .Futhermore it would make people more likely to think they can get away feom punishment of crime therefore it would be a stupid day and teach people that crime is acceptable """""

• Inhumane, doesn't solve problems, what would happen to you?

Three arguments:
    1. It is inhumane (this is the worst of all). I mean, only the thought of killing a person who you perceive as "weaker/submissive/..." is not how humans evolve- that would be us devolving. Humans became more humane with time because of compassion, and although there still are major problems present, circumstances sure are better than a few hundreds of years ago. Also, if we would learn to share and be less egoistic, this world wouldn't need what the supporters of a purge advocate and what this argument is trying to take apart: survival.
    2. How do you excpect a purge to solve any problems? Do you think people (purgers-not sure if they should be called people) would simply accept this 12-hour time window and then let it be? Fhe amswer is: NO! Purging would beginn before and end after the 12 hours. So it would create just another problem. People will not go and rob the grocery store for an entire year of supplies, or use a stolen credit card once (these have limits as to how much you can withdraw, you know). They would commit crimes all year long. Another thing is, there would still be poor people-hiding, defending themselves, building up defensive groups... So then the purgers/government trying to rid them off the surface will also get "purged". Instead, we should help these people live under better circumstances.These are just a list of problems not being solved.
    3. And finally I would like to ask you how you would feel if your family were purged before your eyes. Bad. Right? So, why did you advocate it in the first place? Because you don't think.
    We should not seek for a purge to solve problems, bit instead open up our minds and change laws, become more humane and learn that there is enough for everyone.

• People are gonna ducking die

If the purge was real this would be a disaster causing humanity to slowing extinct while elephants will be slowly having orgasms until they faint and then will die from hunger until their vagina's and sick will be slowly rotting away in pain as I walk around collect the. Up and make mkuntakn dew out of them.

• Not at all.

I think the purge is a horrible idea because if they do it for one night they won't stop after just one night and the purge would take over the world until there's nobody left and the only kill each othe.. So I think the puge is a HORRIBLE IDEA !!!!!!!!

• H hj hj

H h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h hh h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h

• Think about the children

Vgggfkutbyngbfvcvbnubytvfdcffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g gg g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g

• The purge is an awful idea

I don't really get why regular crime would slow down in the 364 days that we don't have the purge. Even though there would be 12 hours or legal crime, I don't get how that would stop crime when the purge is not into play. A vast number of people would die and I just don't see that reason to have the purge.

• Are you Serious?

Are you actually serious? Why would we want a purge? You probably are thinking right now " Aw its just making us better" and " economy will get better" WTF. You realise that the people you kill during the purge could have a major impact in society. For example, you could kill the person who would find a cure for cancer, or kill the person that would eventually save the world from an 'alien invasion'. The amount of people you would kill that could actually have had a huge impact go on and on.

• The destruction of America

Yes theft is allowed, now what if one mad person decided to steal the materials needed for a nuclear bomb? Or any other weapon of mass destruction. To other people it would just be stealing random materials etc etc. Though it could just be gathering things to create a nuke. No one would be there to stop that one person, cause no one would no what he/she would be doing.

Sparkay says2014-07-12T09:59:50.827
I would cry in a corner wearing jug armour with a sniper/rifle and a katana/raygunmark2
molly.holden says2014-07-31T20:46:05.700
If there was a purge I would steal clothes and be fly as hell once the purge is over
wefuntw says2015-10-02T10:19:09.330
If I am the Chinese or Russian leader, I will agree with the American purge very very much! Any powerful nation could invade U.S. and win easily when you Americans are busy killing each other, making your own country a war zone with countless dying in streets.
dj123w1 says2016-05-06T00:49:03.607
If you were to kill a killer even for a good cause, there would still be the same amount of killers on this earth.
wefuntw says2017-08-30T09:06:44.557
For those who agreed Purge, do you agree to be killed? You and your family to be wiped out? If not, you do not agree with Purge.