• Less crime around the U.S.

If we had an annual purge, I believe the crime rates would decrease dramatically. I'm not saying that it would disappear completely but I definitely think it wouldn't be as high. Considering most people don't want to go to jail. Also it would take out some built up anger that normally causes people to do physical crimes to other people. People would realize "Hey if I wait till the purge I can get away with the crime I want to do."

• I've actually thought about the idea before the movie.

I've toyed with this idea before, and to be quite honest, I kind of like it. You take the entire population, and have them to anything illegal that they want free of consequence once per year. It would sure give me a good excuse to see if my '01 Malibu can actually hit over 120.

-"But it would increase crime!"
    For one thing, you can't have crime if there are no laws. Secondly, even if it does, how much will it? When the Netherlands legalized Marijuana, it's use remained stable even though the threat of imprisonment is gone. Lastly, I would assert that the reason why many people don't do the violent crimes (like rape and murder, if not most non-violent crimes as well), is because they don't see it as morally just (cue religious dogma), and therefore no amount of lawlessness will make them commit those crimes, therefore crimes won't significantly increase.

• Help out the homeless people

I think that we should have a purge to help out the homeless. They will be able to get the supplies they need to live on, at least for a little bit. Anything can help them out. Also, I see it as a stress reliever. By that I mean if someone really is stressing you to the point you want to do something about it, you can now do it. Whether that is yelling, fighting, or killing, you can do it.

• Call me Crazy

Go ahead, it's prob true.

Yes, a purge is probably a terrible idea to most. Countless murder and violence with out punishment. This sounds horrible.

The way I see it though, if you don't like it, don't take part. Leave the area, go hide in the woods. The people that stick around are the ones that want to do it, the ones that have the urge to vent. If they stick around, they must be ready to die. There would be an assumed chance that death will occur if you stay. So let all the violent people stay and fight it out, while the rest just go hide in the woods, out of harm.

• Purge, We Shall

Well, I am a 16 year old student in highschool and Im doing an argumintative piece of cotrolling population. I believe that thi smay help control population, as well as hold th eperk of reducing crimes committed around the world. If you love life enough and you are willing to go far and beyond to stay alive, you will liev and be worthy of it. Those who throw their lives away and are just sitting on corners or just having kids so they can get that check every month, you are pathetic and you should be killed. Having a kid is respected, not neglected and to have kids for the wrong reason is unacceptable. I'm not saying killing is the right thing to do but it is an efficient way to control the population and would be supported by many people.

• Relieving Built-Up Emotions

Now by no means am I saying that I believe that killing people is acceptable. However, these violent acts occur as the result of anger, frustration, and a traumatized past. If certain people CHOOSE to purge because believe it or not it IS a choice, they would accept the risks in the activities that they CHOOSE to partake in.

• A purge is a decent solution.

There are too many people in the world anyway. Not to mention that probably 80% of the people are extremely stupid. I would support a civilization where only the strong survive. I'm not saying that it's right to murder people over driving too slow or something trivial like that. But it sure would be nice to be able to. Lol

• Why not have a purge?

Why not have a purge? I mean, yeah it sounds awful to some but if you really think about it... Life goes on as the strong survive (survival of the fittest) so why not have one day out of the year where everyone who wants to release their emotions, pent up frustrations, and anger! I truly believe that crime would go down when people would know that they could commit any crime they wanted to without consequence one night out of the year, I agree and would support the right to purge with open arms;)

• Fun fun fun

I think that we should indeed have an international purge, why? Because i'd go to the military bases and steal a tank and kill everyone i don't like. I might sounds horrendous but my justifications are pretty decent. It would also help people release their emotions towards other people. I strongly believe that some people cannot commit murder because of their religious beliefs. Personally I'd give murder a second thought.

• A necessary evil

A purge seems terrible, but think of how much better the rest of the year would be. Crime rates outside of the purge would drop. And here's the thing, many people do things just because they aren't allowed to. It would clear up many consciences AND, here's the biased part, give society a chance to clean itself when the government can't "handle" everything.

• You stupid psychopaths.

We are going back in time. The goal of modern society is to treat all equally as much as possible.

This is Nazism at its worst. There is no overpopulation (at least not in this vast nation). It may seem overpopulated if you live in the city, but try out a place like Central California or Wyoming.

There is no global warming. There is no climate change. The only problem is distribution of resources. People usually overeat and waste food, or get fat. Plus, a lot of it goes to cattle.

• If it happens I'll kill every convict or murderer I see

If it happens I'll be one killing off the evil. I'll arm myself form a group with one goal protect the helpless and innocent. I'll hang every convict and murderer out there. They'll fear the purge since it'll be the day when I can kill every low-life out there. I will purge evil.

• Sickos will get away with child sex

If all crime is legal, think about all the paedophiles that could rape your children, they'll get away with it, crime isn't just murder or theft.
    I mean, you wouldn't like it if a group of perverted men broke in your house and started raping your kids would you? That's just sick.

• The purge is terribly flawed.

The purge would increase the murder rate. Also, some of us really aren't so capable of murder, or let along breaking any other law.

There are other ways to release our rage, but murder isn't one of them. Society can't function like that. Plus, violence doesn't do much other than hurting someone.

• Whats the point?

Having an annual purge could result in disaster. If all emergency are suspended for 12 hours then what happens if someone has a major illness and has a heart attack or something then that person could die because they are suspended. Although it was used as a way of separating the poor from the rich. Is that really fair?

• A terrorist's dream

This is an incredibly stupid idea. The fact that all emergency is suspended and ALL crime is legal is only a dream for any terrorist. I can only imagine how many people within and outside the united states would plant bombs all over NYC only to detonate wall street and other important buildings possibly sending the world into economic chaos. Businesses would be ruined, GDP would tank, and hospitals would be overcrowded with murder victims.

What happens if someone obtains a bio-weapon and unleashes it on the purge (it would be perfectly legal) imagine the aftermath.

No. Just no. I hate anarchists, and always will.

• No its a bad idea

If we had a purge, then our love ones would get hurt or killed. We would get seriously injured. It may sound worth it but its not. It may sound easy just to walk out and go steal stuff. But its not. You will see people killing and kidnappings. Or they will come for you. Our world will never be the same or have peace if we have a purge. Its just a movie. Would you really want risk your life and love ones just for the purge? Would you want to lose everything? Think about it and have some common sense.

• Why kill innocent people for nothing

I Know many people have a strong dislike for others but that is no reason to decide to have an annual purge. Yes the movie was good but it's starting to get out of hand everybody should just stop . There are already enough crimes in the work having a purge would just make it worse

• A Purge is Just Extremely Illogical

Even if you ignore the moral issues with having a Purge, all crime being legal for one night would be a terrible idea. One cannot conclude that the amount of crime committed on that night will be less than the amount committed in a year now-a-days. The only difference that we can deduce is that a lot of crime committed in one day will have worse effects than crime committed over a long period of time.

Say, for example, that groups of people end up robbing banks all over the country, which is probably very likely. I imagine that the number would be pretty significant, which could result in the crashing of the United States economy. Why would we want to risk something like that for something that probably will not decrease the number of crimes committed?

• It's not really fair no nonviolent people

Maybe the people who want to participate should all go into a gated area together and leave people who don't want to commit violent crimes out of danger. I like smoking pot and doing other recreational drugs, but I certainly would never want to cause pain to another human being.

Sparkay says2014-07-12T09:59:50.827
I would cry in a corner wearing jug armour with a sniper/rifle and a katana/raygunmark2
molly.holden says2014-07-31T20:46:05.700
If there was a purge I would steal clothes and be fly as hell once the purge is over
wefuntw says2015-10-02T10:19:09.330
If I am the Chinese or Russian leader, I will agree with the American purge very very much! Any powerful nation could invade U.S. and win easily when you Americans are busy killing each other, making your own country a war zone with countless dying in streets.
dj123w1 says2016-05-06T00:49:03.607
If you were to kill a killer even for a good cause, there would still be the same amount of killers on this earth.
wefuntw says2017-08-30T09:06:44.557
For those who agreed Purge, do you agree to be killed? You and your family to be wiped out? If not, you do not agree with Purge.