• Well we could ;)

Maybe in the movies people did it to decrease the population but hey we all make mistakes and i feel like this would be a very great opportunity to show everyone what we all wated to do but haven't because of the laws that we have. Some people would really want to go wild for a night, maybe othes want to do it for a certain reasons...Maybe good ones who tf knows???

• I say yes

I think yes because if we have everyone able to brake laws one day a year they might begin to stop crimes. The cops would have no work to do and it would make life so much easier. I know it sounds horrible, but think about your child's life. Vote yes.

• It would serve justice to those who couldn't obtain it through the court system.

Those who have lost their rape cases, their murder trials, custody of their children being given to an unworthy parent, being able to take your life into your own hands and be able to serve justice yourself through the old west ways. The trash would be taken out of the world and people would be safer.

• Overpopulation is a problem

Stephen Hawking said by 2100, the population will have quadrupled. And by 2600, humans will be standing shoulder to shoulder because there is no more space on Earth. The consumption of natural resources is making basic necessities scarce for humans, so a lot of people who don't have a lot of economic wealth to buy water and food will either die of hunger or dehydration, or start fights and begin killing for money to live. There will be genocides because they will want to kill of the least significant people on this planet so every can have some more years of living how they want. There will be a lot more pollution due to more humans breathing which produces carbon dioxide into the air, and more technology and more cars will let out exhaust into the air, making it more dangerous to breathe, no fresh air, so more diseases and deaths. If overpopulation is to be solved or not, there will be countless deaths. Wether it be everyone killing for a day to cut back on population, or the earth be quadrupled with the amount of humans currently, there be endless wars for resources, people turning to murder just to eat some bread, or a disease like the swine flu break out and most likely cause a mass extinction. People will just suffer more later.

• I think it should be allowed

Because i really wanna rip someones fucking throat out and shove it up their ass till it goes back to being their throat. Then i wanna shit on their corpse and fuck them. Then im gonna cut off their penis and suck on it till it looks fish cock. Pussy

• A purge would be good to an extent.

There would have to be laws that protect children, but for adults I believe that this could work. It is SICK to even think about children being murdered or otherwise assaulted, but most adults could take care of themselves in a purge. Emergency systems would still need to be available for someone who has a health related problem, such as a heart attack.

• Overpopulation is a problem

The purge is one of the few solutions to overpopulation that may actually work to fix the overpopulation. Overpopulation is a big problem that may inevitably end the human race. Knowing this we may need some sort of eradication method of some sort and the purge may just be it.

• We should have a purge

Having a purge would drive the economy. The purge would drive the economy because there would be many more gun sales for people who want to protect themselves or kill others. The economy would also be driven in sales on home defenses and private security. There would also be much more home insurance and life insurance. Also, there would be many more jobs in SWAT and police to allow the government to regain control after the purge event.

• YES it will help the economy

Because it will drive sales in house protection agencies and gun sales and materials needed to repair the country and there will be more police officers that protect and get paid. WE also get more days off of school. It would be a great great idea to have a purge

• YES it will help the economy

• You stupid psychopaths.

We are going back in time. The goal of modern society is to treat all equally as much as possible.

This is Nazism at its worst. There is no overpopulation (at least not in this vast nation). It may seem overpopulated if you live in the city, but try out a place like Central California or Wyoming.

There is no global warming. There is no climate change. The only problem is distribution of resources. People usually overeat and waste food, or get fat. Plus, a lot of it goes to cattle.

• If it happens I'll kill every convict or murderer I see

If it happens I'll be one killing off the evil. I'll arm myself form a group with one goal protect the helpless and innocent. I'll hang every convict and murderer out there. They'll fear the purge since it'll be the day when I can kill every low-life out there. I will purge evil.

• The purge is terribly flawed.

The purge would increase the murder rate. Also, some of us really aren't so capable of murder, or let along breaking any other law.

There are other ways to release our rage, but murder isn't one of them. Society can't function like that. Plus, violence doesn't do much other than hurting someone.

• Whats the point?

Having an annual purge could result in disaster. If all emergency are suspended for 12 hours then what happens if someone has a major illness and has a heart attack or something then that person could die because they are suspended. Although it was used as a way of separating the poor from the rich. Is that really fair?

• Sickos will get away with child sex

If all crime is legal, think about all the paedophiles that could rape your children, they'll get away with it, crime isn't just murder or theft.
    I mean, you wouldn't like it if a group of perverted men broke in your house and started raping your kids would you? That's just sick.

• A terrorist's dream

This is an incredibly stupid idea. The fact that all emergency is suspended and ALL crime is legal is only a dream for any terrorist. I can only imagine how many people within and outside the united states would plant bombs all over NYC only to detonate wall street and other important buildings possibly sending the world into economic chaos. Businesses would be ruined, GDP would tank, and hospitals would be overcrowded with murder victims.

What happens if someone obtains a bio-weapon and unleashes it on the purge (it would be perfectly legal) imagine the aftermath.

No. Just no. I hate anarchists, and always will.

• No its a bad idea

If we had a purge, then our love ones would get hurt or killed. We would get seriously injured. It may sound worth it but its not. It may sound easy just to walk out and go steal stuff. But its not. You will see people killing and kidnappings. Or they will come for you. Our world will never be the same or have peace if we have a purge. Its just a movie. Would you really want risk your life and love ones just for the purge? Would you want to lose everything? Think about it and have some common sense.

• Why kill innocent people for nothing

I Know many people have a strong dislike for others but that is no reason to decide to have an annual purge. Yes the movie was good but it's starting to get out of hand everybody should just stop . There are already enough crimes in the work having a purge would just make it worse

• A Purge is Just Extremely Illogical

Even if you ignore the moral issues with having a Purge, all crime being legal for one night would be a terrible idea. One cannot conclude that the amount of crime committed on that night will be less than the amount committed in a year now-a-days. The only difference that we can deduce is that a lot of crime committed in one day will have worse effects than crime committed over a long period of time.

Say, for example, that groups of people end up robbing banks all over the country, which is probably very likely. I imagine that the number would be pretty significant, which could result in the crashing of the United States economy. Why would we want to risk something like that for something that probably will not decrease the number of crimes committed?

• It's not really fair no nonviolent people

Maybe the people who want to participate should all go into a gated area together and leave people who don't want to commit violent crimes out of danger. I like smoking pot and doing other recreational drugs, but I certainly would never want to cause pain to another human being.

Sparkay says2014-07-12T09:59:50.827
I would cry in a corner wearing jug armour with a sniper/rifle and a katana/raygunmark2
molly.holden says2014-07-31T20:46:05.700
If there was a purge I would steal clothes and be fly as hell once the purge is over
wefuntw says2015-10-02T10:19:09.330
If I am the Chinese or Russian leader, I will agree with the American purge very very much! Any powerful nation could invade U.S. and win easily when you Americans are busy killing each other, making your own country a war zone with countless dying in streets.
dj123w1 says2016-05-06T00:49:03.607
If you were to kill a killer even for a good cause, there would still be the same amount of killers on this earth.
wefuntw says2017-08-30T09:06:44.557
For those who agreed Purge, do you agree to be killed? You and your family to be wiped out? If not, you do not agree with Purge.