Should we ban co-ed wrestling in high school athletics?

• Males and females cannot wrestle at the same level.

These are pretty much the options.
    1. Make a girls wrestling team
    OR-
    2. It shouldn't be a problem if a boy refuses to wrestle a female.
    Making a boy wrestle a girl IS NOT an option, unless you're LUCKY that the boy is willing to wrestle her. If a coach has a boy on the team, who is the best in his weight class, not willing to wrestle girls, there's really nothing he can do.

• Its very awkward to wrestle a girl

Not everyone is comfortable with the idea of touching a girl, especially since it is wrestling some parents dont like the idea and to new wrestler is discourages them from joining. Also why not just make a league for girls just like any other sports, this has nothing to do with equality.

• Its very awkward to wrestle a girl

• Girls need to have a separate league for wrestling.

I'm a kid who goes to a catholic school, and I don't want to mistreat a girl. So I do not want to wrestle a girl, because I am a gentleman who respects females. I wrestle for my school, and I have to wrestle girls. It just doesn't feel right.

• It's unfair for males and females

From the standpoint of a male wrestler it is very awkward and weird to have to wrestle a girl. I'ts very humiliating to lose to a girl, which makes things worse. I feel like women would also benifet from not having co-ed wrestling. I don't understand why we can't have women's varsity wrestling teams in high school. You could have girls competing against girls and guys competing against guys, and everyone would be happy. I also think that if we had women's wrestling teams that more girls would go out for the sport. That's pretty much how it is for every other sport; they have men's basketball, and women's basketball, softball and baseball. In track, swimming, and cross country women compete against women and men compete against men.

• Yes, they need two separate teams, just like for any other sports.

Let me say something simple first. Coed wrestling is becoming problems for a lot of people (mostly boys). Non-coed wrestling? I can't think of any problems that could be involved.
    The schools need to have two teams, one for guys and one for girls, so it there will be two options and then guys won't have to worry about wrestling females.

• Isn't this double standards?

There are a number of males that feel it is indecent to attach themselves to females in an position which borders physical sexual harassment. Something simple as a limb lock could physically hurt a females breasts, where a male would be unhindered in the pectoral area (unless of course targeted). I wouldn't want my daughter playing rugby with men, and the same should count for wrestling.
    Both males and females are capable of most if not all the same physical feats, however they are created different from each other, therefore should have different rules apply to them.

• Yes, males and females cannot fairly wrestle together in high school.

Having seen male wrestling, it is hard to imagine that a male in high school of good intentions would feel right about treating a female this way. A male without good intentions could do harm psychologically or physically. And a female who is confused could wind up with a lawsuit against her fellow wrestler or even the school.

• How is this even possible.

This is ridiculous!! Girls cannot wrestle, there weaker and they suck. They bring down the team. Go put on makeup or something and get away from our sport. They are ruining wrestling and ruining guys lives. Get away. My team had a girl and everyone quit except one guy. GET AWAY

• Just aren't made for it

Girls in high school just don't have the testosterone advantage boys have, there is a few freaks, but for the most part they don't have the aggression and sometimes power for the sport, this sometimes ends up hurting the girls mentally and physically, we had a girl on our team who got injured every practice just because they couldn't take it

• Oh the irony.

People here are saying that some are too uncomfortable with the idea of touching a girl. Really, is that really what you mean to say? You're saying that you get uncomfortable with the idea of having to make any physical contact with a person of the opposite sex? How inconvenient your lives must be. "Hey Rachel, can you pass me my pencil? Wait Rachel, no! You're coming too fast! I don't have time to put on my gloves Rachel! No Rachel, no, stay back. No!!!!!!! You've touched me! I am too turned on! I shall now proceed to ravishing every woman in site! I have no self control, my impulses win every time! And it starts with you Rachel, but it's not my fault. As I did indeed warn you of my inability to control myself, now your fate is your own."
    Some are saying that it's embarrassing to lose to a girl. Really? Do I really have to address this? The answer is yes. GET THE FUCK OVER IT! Examine why you're embarrassed to lose to a girl for a second. Well, it's because they aren't as strong as guys isn't it. But wait, that shit isn't true at all! Girls are, what, equal?! Now its no longer embarrassing, there you go.
    Those people calling it borderline sexual assault. It really isn't your decision to make when she becomes uncomfortable now is it? You don't get to say, "This is uncomfortable for you, trust me, I'd know (even though I've been privileged with being a guy all my life and have never really been that uncomfortable because of sexual assault. Oh yeah, I'm also NOT YOU.) Seriously, she decides if she's uncomfortable. And clearly since most of the people in the No section are girls, they don't feel the same way, so stop "protecting them".
    Oh yes, and finally the Catholic school gentleman. What was it? Oh yes, "I'm a kid who goes to a catholic school, and I don't want to mistreat a girl. So I do not want to wrestle a girl, because I am a gentleman who respects females." HA! How is it mistreating if it's a sport and they CONSENT COMPLETELY. Like they have to put in a lot of time and effort to be at these tournaments. But I'm glad you're a gentleman and are denying her everything she's trained for, you know, because you're a "gentleman". Please fool.

• Oh the irony.

• Both male and females should have the same equal opportunity.

Isn't that what this country is for? Equal opportunity? Or are we being sexist and just don't want girls to do stuff guys do because its awfully uncomfortable for you? Umm I think not. If a girl wants to do whatever she wants then let her. It's her life and her decision. And saying its awfully uncomfortable might be true, but its life and you should learn to deal with it without making a big argument.. It's either all that or you're just scared a girl will be tougher than you and will beat you.

• Don't even think about a banding co-ed sports in high school just cause of girls wanting to participate with boys

It's basically called ' women empowerment ' if you think about it. Us females of this world are not going to take a no for an answer. Not even if our parents tell us not. Things in this generation is messed up. But you people don't need to add more on to it bye taking out co-ed sports cause these girls are actually getting the opportunity to participate with the guys and to experience what guys can do. Girls don't even need to use it on the mat. We can us it for self defense.

I wrestle because I wanted to and I wanted to do the sport with all of my brothers. Plus it was fun. Also taking away the guys man hood was very funny and quite amazing. But when I get into fight (meaning when the other person would start shit with me), I would us my wrestling moved on them. Other than that Wrestling was a break free for me. And I hope it is for other girls.

• Girls are equal

Just because we're girls doesn't mean we're not capable of beating a boy. Like my father says on the mat you are a person not a girl or a boy just a person. And if a guy gets beat by girl it doesn't matter this is the sport you signed up for. If a guy got beat by a guy it wouldn't be a big deal. But if a guy got beat by a girl there would be a big blowout. Get over yourself boys. Girls can wrestle to!

• Don't be sexist

While wrestling is seen as a guys sport it's co Ed. Field hockey normally a girl sport in the USA has guys playing on some teams. Why is this any different? As a girl wrestler I strongly disagree with banning it. I wrestle with guys all the time and sure the first time you gotta touch a guy is weird but my wrestling partner is a guy and we are completely comfortable with each other

• Girls drule boys rule

They suck a a a a a aa a a a aa a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a aa a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a

• Girls drule boys rule

• U88u98u89u8mm98u8 9 u8u 89u

Jij o oiiojoijojio jjoi joi joi ijoi joi jjoji joi oijjio j oijio jio ioj ioj ijopj inkjnn u hiu iuh hn n nn nn n n nn n nn n n n nn n n n n n n n nn n n nn n n n oj ioji o

• You should not ban it .

I am a girl wrestler . I see no problem with me wrestling a guy . I am as tough as them . I work my ass off as much as they do . We are equal . I get you might be afraid to hurt the girl but we know what we are getting into . We signed up for all the soreness and body slams and injuries .