• Yes! It can cause a lot of harm.

Contact sports is just what its name says. You must make contact with people to play the sport. This has sometimes even led to death. Only recently, a contact sport player died. I know. How sad would their family be? If he hadn't played that contact sport, he would have lived many, many more years to come. Also, people can get seriously injured in many different places. Even if it may be the joy for people, and they have their rights, it is utterly dangerous. It has already led to many deaths and injuries already! We must ban contact sports while we can, before it gets out of control.

• I've first hand taken injuries from contact sports .

I had a mystery ligament tear whilst playing rugby as I took a blow and was forced to play on. Leading on from this my growth spurts where skewed and my tendon now grows into my bone. I developed ozgutslzus disease and have been off sport for a total of two years, this is surely not healthy for a twelve year old boy.

• Yes we should there might have sex in the game

Sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex sex is all kids want to do these days and can you blame them it is AMAZING I hade it with my Girlfriend and she was the best ever and I still want more and more and it made her go like😏😏 oh a work it work baby iI love you we could do it all day and we did I so YAY😊😊😊😍😍😍😍😏😏😏😏

• Yes we should

We should ban then because they can hurt people and. And if we keep them then it won't be fare to the younger kid because there to dangerous for them and they might even be dangerous for kids and adults so that is why we should band contact sports so it is fair so ya πŸ˜„πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜€πŸ˜Šβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜šπŸ˜—πŸ˜™πŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ˜›πŸ˜πŸ˜ŒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜†πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‡πŸ˜. And they will make kidsπŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’©πŸ’© there pants

• Ban Contact Sports

How would you feel if you heard that your son or daughter had died in a contact sport. Children can get concussions, broken bones, ect. People say that is a freedom of speech, but is it really worth risking your health just to play a sport. Lets be smart people.

• Why should we

We shouldn't ban contact sports because I don't think it is harming anyone and it is very popular so it would mean more kids wouldn't have a sport to play because most kids play contact sports. In my opinion it would be heart breaking to stop contact sports
    DO NOT

• Not a fan of sports.

Yep. That simple. I can also think of a half dozen proper reasons. But the main one? I just simply don't care for them. Contact sports is dangerous. As xoxtalking.Cute states here in this page, contact sports have already led to deaths and injuries. To suggest that these deaths shouldn't serve as sufficient warning to us is basically begging for sports to kill more. This way at least, we can cut our losses.

• Do you want to die?

If you play these contact sports then you will die earlier then the rest of the people who don't play contact sports. Do you really want to die. Do you? Didn't think so. So this is the reason why I think contact sports should be banned. Don't die. Don't do contact.

• Do you want to die?

• It's so cool!

I hate contact sports because it's so rubbish and everyone is mean and it's so shifty and dirty and you end up so muddy and it's so immature because I hate it and it's so rubbish yeah I think I already said that but who cares? I hate it! :(

• It's my right to play my sport

No not at all. It's my choice to play football and put my body on the line for my team. Plus if you can't get that through you thick skull, then think about money. The nfl brings in millions of dollars a year. It's crazy to even think of banning contact sports. Besides who has the power to do that, government? Heck no.

• Why would it get banned?

The main argument against it is that its dangerous. Cars are more dangerous than contact sport. Should we just ban those? How about lets ban everything, since everything is to some level dangerous.
    That would be ridiculous, and so is the argument that contact sports are dangerous, so no.They shouldn't be banned.

• Because I'm a liberal.

We shouldn't ban contact sports because it's up to the person's own autonomy to choose what to do with their body and their spare time, insofar as it is morally permissible (and even then, sometimes.)
    My problem with some people's answers is that they criticise the idea of banning things to do with 'liberals'. I'm not sure why they think this, but they're wrong. The idea of being a liberal is to do with liberty (it's pretty obvious - look at the spelling). A liberal desires fewer laws preventing a person to do X. It's a conservative notion (or authoritarian) to impose lots of laws and ban lots of things.

• It depends on

What qualifies as a contact sport, like in example, would ping ping be a contact sport if you get hit by the ball? Or could chess be a contact sport if you touch one of the chess pieces? I think this topic was ill phrased. But no we shouldn't ban contact sports.

• Self Choice Made

Contact Sports has had its fair share of injuries, but which sport hasn't had injuries? Skateboarding, running, and sometimes even golf has had their own injuries; but we still move on. Why ban contact sports because someone can get injured? While in reality, the player is the person who decided to play the sport in the first place. Let the player make his or her own choice to play a sport, even if it has a lot of potential injuries. Just because your afraid does not mean others are afraid.

• Culture, Camaraderie, Commitment

Contact sports provide players and spectators a means of exercise (not really for the spectators, but they might want to get involved), friendship/teamwork (depending on the sport), commitment, and a release for what otherwise could be more violent human tendencies. In the UK, football is a means of socializing, not just for the players, but for the spectators at their local pub. It's a similar act around the globe, in which people will invite friends over to see 'the game'. Sometimes these same people try the game out for themselves.
    Those who participate in the sport are provided (if in moderation) a healthy dose of exercise.
    If we were to ban contact sports, there would be a number of games at the olympics which we would cease to have. There would be no more fencers, boxers, martial artists, footballers, hockey players, etc. These sports have played a part in our history and our culture. (Not that this is any reason to keep anything if it is bad, I am saying that contact sports are good though for the reasons above.) It seems appropriate to maintain and potentially even promote contact sports for the sake of cultural and social improvement.

• Freedom of choice

There is no logical reason to ban something that has no negative effect on individuals who do not partake in it. Taking away someones right to choose to play in a competitive sport that has contact is not only against the idea of freedom, but against nature. Mankind has been playing contact sports since the dawn of civilization. It is a cultural and historic thing that has people push their athletic capabilities to the limit.

But ultimately this comes down to you have no right to ban someone else to do something that does not cause harm to those who choose not to play it.

• Sport is beautiful, contact or no contact

Why would you even consider banning any sport when there is risk in everything we do? Sport is used by so many people as a stress relief and those that play contact sports may otherwise be on the streets taking out their frustration on the public. Sport has been ingrained in our culture, why take that away due to a few inevitable bumps and bruises that can be completely treated by medics that support the teams. The players wouldn't be playing if they didn't love the game or think it was dangerous.

• As long as it is played properly no harm can be done

As long as contact sports are played correctly there is no harm done. For example: if you are tackled in rugby you'd be surprised to know it doesn't hurt too much - that is of course if you are tackled properly. Most sports have some form of contact or way of being harmed in them. If the harm is serious then protection should be introduced to the sport. For example: believe it or not, people have died playing cricket and that doesn't even involve any sort of contact between players. And now it has protection in it to prevent anything too bad from happening.

• It is cool

I hate rugby but basically in a debate at my school I have to support contact sports so I'm just like hating life but who cares? As long as I get high I'm happy so who even gives a ???? Don't take the last sentence the wrong way lol xD