• Ban plastic please

We are killing our mother earth , please stop this nonsense use recycled paper bags , instead of plastic bags . I'm not saying plastic is so useless but it causes damage to our mother land . So try to ban plastic to some extent. WE WILL BAN PLASTICS FOR OUR MOTHER LAND

• Plastic creating drastic results

I feel more and more technological advancements are threatening our habitat
    we are just changing earth to some other planet which does not support any life
    plastics are cheap that's true but what about the aftermath who is going to think about it??
    We are known as so called "social animals",having great ability to think we are the major reason for our own
    destruction than any other creatures who can't even think how strange it is right???
    Thus THE MORE WE INVENT,THE MORE WE DESTRUCT

• We should ban plastic bags.

Babies can choke on the plastic and die. Oil is made into plastic and we shouldn't waste is. We could use the oil for heating our home instead. Besides only 5% of plastic bags are recycled. It is not good for the environment because it doesn't decompose. There is a patch of plastic bags in the middle of the pacific ocean. Sea turtles choke on them because they think that it is jellyfish instead.

• Reusable Store bags are more efficient

The whole reason we have plastic bags is for efficiency. But the store bought bags can carry 3-4 times as many groceries as a normal plastic bag. Both plastic and paper bags are bad for the environment.

Plastic because of the fact that they don't decompose and wildlife can eat them.

Paper because you have to cut down trees to make them.

But reusable store bought bags are good for the environment and for convenience due to the fact that they carry more groceries, so you have to make less trips from your car to unload groceries. Also seeing as how they are durable you use them several times and don't throw them out.

We banned plastic bags in my state (Washington State) and its been working pretty well for us.

• Kill plastics or kill earth.

If we don't ban plastics our landfills will fill up and we may have send our garbage to mars to dump it there. Now the time has come to ban plastics or ban human beings from earth. Better go with the earlier one.
    PLEASE SAVE THE EARTH AND YOURSELVES! SAY NO TO PLASTICS.

• Thi is stupid not banding them

Plastic Bags Should Be Banned Yes, plastic bags should be banned as they are not biodegradable and thus fill up our nation's landfills. This causes increased land pollution as they sit underground and never return to the Earth as broken down minerals. Thus, the land is forever tainted. Paper bags are obviously a much better solution.

• Plastic Bags Should Be Banned

Yes, plastic bags should be banned as they are not biodegradable and thus fill up our nation's landfills. This causes increased land pollution as they sit underground and never return to the Earth as broken down minerals. Thus, the land is forever tainted. Paper bags are obviously a much better solution.

• This needs to be done

Yes they are convenient. Yes they are great for picking up dog poop. But they are overused and created way too much waste that is difficult to be recycled. Everyone has already spoken on all the points so i'll refrain from saying too much. We need laws that reduce the amount of single use plastic in circulation.

Https://www.Upworthy.Com/see-the-music-video-parody-that-deserves-both-a-vma-and-a-nobel-prize
    http://www.Upworthy.Com/we-use-4-of-these-a-day-and-theyre-kind-of-the-worst-3

• Yes please and thank you

Have you ever bought something heavy at a grocery store and put it into a plastic bag? Then as your walking out of the store all is well until... THUMP!!! Your eggs just fell out of the bottom and got crushed by the ham you stupidly put on top of them. Then you look at the plastic bag and think "screw you." So what are plastic bags good for? I rest my case.

• Need of the hour

Plastic bags have already created a havoc in our life. As it is not only harmful to the animals but also to our mother earth .We should not bury our heads in the sand like proverbial ostrich but act upon the prevailing situation and start using jute bags which are a safer bet.

• What is the point

If we band plastic we will just have no computers or no watch we use so much plastic in one day we wake up brush are teeth with it and we eat dinner and every thing so why should we band plastic you are typing with plastic, I use my brush to brush my hair you do not know how much plastic we use a day. Did you know 1 pond of plastic will go faster then 1 pond of 1 pond of paper. So that is why we should keep plastic.

• Recycle the Bags Instead

Plastic can be recycled so let's do that. We should have an American Job Corp that goes through dumps and fishes out plastic bags. It would help the unemployed get working again and help us recycle! Then we don't need to waste plastic any more and the problem is solved.

• Why do I care

I don't think plastic bags will kill us all and destroy the world.
    And earth doesn't care it's a big rock floating in the middle of no where
    It's funny how we praise a stupid rock more than we praise god.
    So go and litter and destroy all you want.

• I don't see how this could help.

Yes many animals die because they get themselves caught in plastic bags, however unless we introduce a cheaper alternative that does not hurt the environment, then life will be much harder for the American people. Think about how many plastic bags we use. We use them in food, groceries, and many other things.

• Logic da bomb

Well these other "no" arguments are retarded, "oh it doesn't matter" that's not an argument buddy.

It shouldn't be banned because plastic bags ARE SAFER for earth-- they literally produce LESS POLLUTION. Its due to the process it takes to make paper, the trees needed to be cut, the oil it takes to cut them, the chemicals it takes to make pulp, there are several things. Moral of the story is plastic bags unrecycled produce less waste than paper bags unrecycled, when recycled plastic still produces less waste, however paper catches up slightly..This is due to plastic losing power when being recycled, meaning it gets lower n lower in quality as its recycled. Stretchy n weaker.

However yea unless your composting brown bags andthey don't have ink, paper bags are MUCH worse. Like almost double as bad

its the fool's argument to ban plastic bags.. At first it sounds great but research shows how bad paper is

• Plastic bags are cool

Thi is stupid not banding them

• We Americans need plastic bags!

Do you know how many people use plastic bags for things? 30,000 people could lose their jobs if you do ban them. A ton of bags do make it to the landfills and question, without plastic bags, we don't have trash bags or good stable grocery bags. You got to think people.

• These debates are getting ridiculous

So we are doing this same debate in your classroom.I'm in sixth grade.I don't think it would make it a bigger difference than before. Just like another anonymous said lets start to recycle if we recycle plastic bags we will not be killing animals and not have to ban them.Also, they do help because we use them for food,groceries,and all sorts of things.

• Why even consider this?

There are more cons than pros to such a ban.

First of all, how would dog owners scoop their dogs' poop?

Second, canvas bags can catch whatever germs were on the food and give them a place to reproduce. Salmonella, E. Coli, etc. Can all grow on the bag.

Third, going green can make you mean. It's called the moral balancing theory. People who buy green products don't feel like they have to be good people in other areas. You hear it all the time. "I am not a bad person! I recycle! I use a reusable bag! I drive an electric car! I am a vegan!" You can be a total psychopath and be green.

• Uses of bags

People who cant afford something can use plastic bags in many ways. You can weave them into shoes or clothes or mats. They are really handy for other things like groceries and they are much cheaper and some people can afford the other bags because you might be getting a lot of groceries and need to buy more bags which is expensive