• You are killing yourself

People die every year from smoking. Some of the people don't even smoke it's people around them smoking.Smoking pollutes the air.Smoking causes lung cancer strokes and heart disease.People are just trying to save or help people to not smoke.My friends dad smoked since he was 30 and died at 39.

• You are killing yourself

• No, banning things just increases demand.

Banning where smoking and tobacco can be used is one thing that can be very useful to society and its health. However, banning the substance itself will only backfire and create a higher demand as with prohibition of alcohol and the usage of pot which still exists even though it is illgal.

• Tobacco Slowly Kills People

Smoking should definitely be banned because secondhand smoke is just as deadly as the initial smoke itself. Tobacco products can be replanted for other cash crops such as soybeans, corn or organic produce. There is no reason to continue growing tobacco because every human needs to eat. Why don't we focus on feeding people with crops instead of killing ourselves?

• Prohibition Doesn't Work

Let's be brutally honest for a minute. It's obvious that prohibition does not work. It failed with alcohol. The government brainwashed entire generations about marijuana to push the hemp industry out of business. Prohibition against marijuana and drugs as failed as well. Do you honestly think prohibiting tobacco and pushing that industry out would really work? Of course it won't, because prohibition just makes normal, law abiding citizens turn into criminals.

• Some NEED it

Even though I am happy to have never been a smoker, I know some people are beyond addicted to smoking and legitimately feel like they need it to keep themselves going. Not to mention, the tobacco industry obviously makes a ton of money every year, and that's what a business cares about.

• Smoking and Tobacco Ban Too Difficult to Enforce

A smoking and tobacco ban would be too difficult to enforce today. However, we should focus upon discouraging the use of tobacco and informing people about its dangers. Education will lead more and more people to give up smoking, which would be far more effective than a ban on smoking. With that in mind, many programs are already looking to discourage smoking in today's population.

• It's a health risk, not a national security concern

There are a lot of things that may not technically be healthy that people enjoy. That we are allowed to do these things is what makes America, well, America. It would be ridiculous to ban smoking, especially given how difficult it is to quit the habit. Let smokers do their own in peace.

• Simply put Freedom

It is my right to smoke if I feel so. It is not harmful to anyone but myself. I understand no smoking in areas that fine, but to outlaw tobacco is too far. It will also lay the path to outlaw anything that is consider addictive such as soda, candy, and alcohol.