Should we ban the criminal history box on job applications?

• Yes it should be

Removing the box inquiring of someone's background from an application does not mean an individual's criminal history will not be discussed. The whole premise of this movement is to give individuals with a criminal past a chance at succeeding in society. They have already served their time for the crime they committed. Why continue punishing them afterwards?

• Lets them support their families.

When a parent goes to jail, it takes a serious toll on their families. They may have to move, change schools, give up their housing, food, and accessories as accordance with their clothing. They deserve a chance to fix these problems, and it might be very hard for them to get a job after prison if their criminal record is revealed to the employer(s).

• Employers can still know.

The ban the box movement supports the employers right to know about an individual's criminal background, just later in the hiring process, after the employer has determined whether or not the individual has the skills or experience necessary to get the job done. The main issue has been that many employers will completely disregard an individual who may have been a valid candidate for the position simply because he or she checks a box on an application. Rather than trashing an application, get to know the individual and why they committed the crime, how long ago the crime was committed, and under what circumstances. Give these individuals with a criminal past a chance!

• Yes Ban the box

You should ban the box because once the person has completed the sentence for their crime they don't deserve to continue being punished. They did the crime they did the time, its over with its done. Most people even have probation so the punishment is elongated. If you want them to be a part of society they need jobs. To provide for families.

• Yes it should be ban

Yes this box should be ban because some criminals have served their hard hard hard time!!! When they come out they might not have a lot of money or support. Others could be mental and lacking medicine to keep them stable. Giving a homeless person a job will improve their lives and the economy!! I BELIEVE IN LOVE I BELIEVE IN GOD EVEN WHEN PEOPLE LIKE THE NO SIDE OTHER TO MY RIGHT DON'T!!!!! AND THATS A FACT

• Dondi is the best

DONDI IS LOVE DONDI IS LYFE!!!!
    LOOMINAUGHTY KNOW ABOUT DONDI's WAY OF LIFE!~!!!
    The criminal history of an employee should be revealed to an employer. If I had an employee running a cash register I would not want them to have been jailed for petty theft or espionage. If I have an employee dealing with the public, I do not want them to have a history of punching people in the face. Employees have a right to know who is working for them.

• No, we should not ban the criminal history box.

Criminals get what they deserve. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. The time is your entire life. You will always be a criminal in the eyes of society. These scumbags need every disadvantage they can get for there terrible acts against people. Who knows how many countless times they weren't caught?

• Employers have a right to know.