Should children be allowed to drive at the age of 13?

• Hit the highway 13 year-olds

We need to get out of the house early and start our own lives. We need to drive so we can go out and get a job and start making money for ourselves. We can also drive ourselves to school every morning and I know that would be a convenience for the parents

• Yes and no

I feel most kids over 13 can drive just as good as there parents. At age 10 I knew how to drive and how to drive correctly. I think there should be a parental agreement where the parents say if the kid is mature enough at 13 to take drivers ed.

• They will be better with there actions

I'm 12 and I have a dirt bike that's more dangerous then a car so how come i cant drive like bruh. They need to get out of the house some times so thats why i think we kids 13 and up should drive and thank you. By Javier Maldonado

• Yes they can be mature anyways im almost 13 i ant tellin yall how old i am

Actually the children could have the smarts to drive because there could be a possibility of height and matureness and the ability of controls and i mean its just weird and jesus's coming is of return i think children should have more harder and more strict training for their drivers license

• Ummmmmm lol lol

I saw a 13 year old drives so can we drive a 13 and the 13 year old drift on the tv show the grand tour so if we he drive so can we so what say all we can drive at age of 13 so what are we waiting for

• Yes we should

Most of us are responsible and already know how to drive properly ,we are for the most part we are responsible we have gone trough puberty we can live alone and buy stuff for ourselves it doesn't matter how old a person is it only matters how responsible and mature you are.

• We should be allowed to drive at thirteen because as kid you remember a lot but when you get all grown up you forget alot

Does your child want to drive? What age are they? Ask them how they would feel to be trust and hit the road. Wouldn't that be exiting?! Now just think no more driving your kid around town oh yeah that's right if you agree with me you will no longer have to be driving your kid around anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Not mature enough, Childish, Not observant, and no reason.

I am 15 and studying for my permit. Just because you think its cool and a convenience for your parents, doesn't matter. If 13 year olds could drive, I bet there would be a HUGE increase in deaths. Do you guys even know how to read signs? Knowing the speed limit and knowing how to steer, is not all you need. You need to read signs also, along with quick decisions. Wanna go somewhere? Go ask your guardian. You guys just want to grow up. Guess what? At your age, you don't need to worry about bills or house or car payments. Just enjoy your childhood. Cause it doesn't last forever.

• No Way Jose

13 year old kids can't even reach the pedals yet, so they would have to create tiny cars just for kids. Also, it increases the risk of accidents, injury, and death. (If they got in an accident, their bodies are not fully strong enough to take a full blow). Additionally, they don't have insurance for themselves.

• No, they lack maturity.

Being a good driver requires maturity and a good sense of judgment. Children at age 13 generally do not possess either of these qualities. They would be a danger to other drivers as well as a danger to their own lives. Most 16 year old kids shouldn't even be allowed to drive.

• Some of them haven't even hit their growth spurt!

Children can begin to learn at this age, fine. It's certainly a good idea to start learning early. However, full driver's privileges? Most 13-year-olds should not be permitted the amount of responsibility and independence that is needed with a driver's license. They simply are not mature enough at that age.

• They arent complete

They are just turning into a teen which means they are barely developed. They will not be able to focus on the road because they cant focus on one thing. They will wanna be noisy and see what is going on around. They should be aware of their surroundings but not looking at unimportant things (i.E. Malls,game stores,). I believe they should wait till 18 when they are finishing their developing stage

• Yes Yes Yes

The legal driving age should be lowered to 13 because most parents are wanting there children to be driving so they can stop driving there kids around. Also kids should because instead of being taken by walking to places. They can drive. Also when there parents are gone and their friends parents don't want to drive. To be safer you can drive.

• No, Please No

No because at the age of 13 kids are still growing and they should have more time. The diving age is fine at it is because they are old enough to learn. When your young you forgot things that had happen. From a personal experience i have forgot many things that had happen to me.

• What on earth

Who on earth wants a dead baby with ripped ligaments with blood covering his body. Irresponsible parents do. Babies are special and their bodies are developing. We do not want to see a baby with a teared off neck or broken hands or legs. Babies are the future of our earths civilization.

• What on earth

• No 16 is good

They are way too mature. I am an 11 year old and I say nah-uh. They have not yet come to a very mature age. Also would that mean a 10 year old would get their learners? They are still too short to reach the brakes and gas. I say no.