• This is just too clear....

I honestly don't think this even needs to be argued. School teaches you. Except for homeschooling, going to school needs to happen, or else you'll have no credentials, and be very socially and mentally inferior in the job market. I mean, we're already falling behind the countries with crazy hours at school, like China, in most intellectual ways- No hours of school is not going to help us.

• Better for learning

School is for learning how to read and write, solve problems, and work independently and as a society. It is a good place to learn. Also this is a good way to have friends, and also be more in the society. Bascially it is like never going outside again. I strongly believe that we should go to school

• More useful privilege than what you think...

Education is not a right; it's a privilege. Despite the flaws of the American education system, we're highly privileged to have some sort of system. Many less developed countries in Africa, South/Southeast Asia don't have or sponsor an education system from where professionals are created. These advanced jobs, ranging from doctors, administrators, lawyers, etc, provide the backbone to a stable country and government. Here in the United States, education is mandatory, unless you drop out in high school, but as the proverb goes, "Knowledge is power". As painful and tedious school is, it provides experience, both socially and academically.

• You Learn So Many Things

Aside from learning the subjects and sitting exams schools teach us other skills such interacting in social situations, take part in school activities such as talent shows or charity events. Other educators go to school to warn students about drugs or Sex health. It's a place to learn what you enjoy, Would you find out you're talented at wood shop at home? Maybe less likely...
    When I was in school most students wanted to skip lessons and not go at all. Due to that I think that's why when I asked a student what 0 times 1 was. The answer i got was 2...
    But on the other side, I think schools should include other things that we need to learn about life like having a car or getting a house...

Posted by: sj91
  • The importance of education

Although everyone should be given the possibility to go to school, we should be left the possibility to choose freely whether to attend school or not. Anyway, education is of vital importance, since it is a way of being aware of what is happening in the world, caring about the others and makes you free. Besides, it is useful to be somebody because it is a door to the future.

• The importance of education

• Growing up in the South...

I never learned in public schooling that the civil war started as a result of slavery being given a timeline to be abolished by the nation. Only until this most recent confederate flag debate was I informed of the truth as to why the south seceded from the north. This being said, schooling is only as good as the curricula. If the teachers are told to avoid certain important topics or to teach blatantly false information, then schooling is irrelevant. To my displeasure, I believe this video to be an almost perfect reflection of my position: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0jQz6jqQS0

• Not public school, nor should we be forced to pay property taxes so Non-citizens can.

I don't want to bother all you Ivory Tower entitled sorts with common sense, so I'll just say that. Period. I need another 30 words according to the masters, so I'll just keep on typing so that they can feel as though they have accomplished some for of eduction here.

• No sirry bob.

I am a public school educator. Public education is a wonderful privilege, but it is just that, a privilege. I think letting parents try to teach their own kids will help give parents a more profound respect for educators :) (not in all cases I'm sure) But anyways, in a truly "free" society, I don't think education should be mandated. Yes it will have negative social impacts, but that was not the question...

• Public School is not always right.

I do agree that everyone should go to school, yes. Here's the thing though: I believe in the ability to homeschool. Public school can be biased sometimes. I'm guessing that soon, the Confederate Flag will be banned from history books because of "racism". Homeschooling allows you to exercise a bit more freedom, including freedom of speech, which you don't get in public school. Also, when your parent is teaching you, you have a connection with them and will learn a bit better.

• The importance of education

• The importance of education