Should we bring back National Service for everyone?

Asked by: DavidKaizer
  • Im blak yes

In my opinion, most kids born after 1980 are getting worse and worse year on year. No respect for themselves or each other. Boys claiming to be men who can only fight with weopons and in gangs, girl just as bad. Most too lazy to work a job around school. Kids cannot start a lawnmower, have no attention to basic hygiene or communication skills. Everything is driving me crazy. Bring back national service, make men sow, knit, cook and show them a trade. Same with women and men’s work. Make men men and women women again. All must do NS, if no trade or job to go to stay in NS and make it harder and harder until they get a full time permanent job or career. Educate them, discipline them, stop the bad ones breeding. Kill off the real bad ones by making them fight each other until only one survives. Sell tickets to the public to watch. Alternatively hang them, electocute them or give the real bad ones lethal injection. Stop blaming and creating fakes reasons and illness for them. Brink back the cane, get rid of do gooders and allow parents to discipline! Most people agree but are just afraid to have an opinion as what I say is deemed unethical but the reality is, I wouldn’t hurt anyone and go out my way to help. I just want generations to get better. Don’t sell alcoholic drinks or computers or phones to anyone under 25 unless they meet ridged full time permanent working conditions. Social media exposes kids to too much.

• Bring it back

The world is heading down a dangerous path, if there is a NS it would help prepare the country for a fight, that is if it ever came to it. Am talking as a young person, the amount of times me and my friends have debated this is unbelievable and while I agree that there should be some ground rules for the NS. I do believe that it should at least be considered as an option.

• Better late than never!

• Better late than never!

• National Service should definitely be bought back

Prince Harry is right to say NS should be bought back, it would get criminals off our streets, teach respect and discipline and teach how to support one another which is what the youth of today desperately need teaching, none of these seemed to be tought in many households or schools anymore.

• Yes we should

Prince Harry is right: no one is saying 100 years! "five weeks of basic training would create better citizens, better Britons and better neighbors. I had 11 guys under my command. And some of these guys were – naughty’s not the word – they were on a different level. Then, over three years, to see the way that they changed is huge, absolutely huge.”

• Bring back National Service

All kids boys and girls should do at least 2 years National Service straight from school. They would learn a trade, learn respect and responsability for their own actions. And save the government a lot of money in benefits that could be put to much better use such as health care. Refuse to go to school then put them in military schools. Get the disipline back in Britain.

Posted by: Sask
  • Bring back respect and saving money !

Some of our young people are leaving school with no desire of working as its so easy for them just to get JSA .
    What a joke ! There are loads of jobs out there ! We all grew up taking a first job we didn't wish for, just to get on with life and to appreciate money is not just given to you.
    Our 'Armed Forces' are diminishing so much at a time they should be increasing numbers. We could introduce a recruitment process of given a time limit of seeking a job otherwise they have to join for a minimum period ! It will not only provide training which can be used later in non military service but reduce the benifit society we are increasingly paying for. It will reduce crime and most importantly get respect back from the younger generation who have no intention of giving it.

• Bring it back

Pretty soon young people aren't going to be able to fend for themselves at all, and will be looked back on by future generations who have it harder (thanks to our current laziness) as weak. I'm speaking as a 15 year old, and although I don't think national servicemen should be made to fight unless absolutely necessary, I would be more than happy to take part in some form of military service. It would also give young people a buffer between the cocoon of education and the real world while preparing them for it- they'd consider life after national service easier, not harder.

• Did our grandparents no harm and they turned out respectful people

Youth of today all they think about is themself's growing up lazy because all they think about is there playstation and money for points and sweets but not expecting to lift a finger to earn it, and as a kid we was set chores to earn rewards if we gobbed off we was punished. Today you can't tell ya kids off as we was cause it's now frowned upon as child abuse but bringing back national service and giving them the discipline that's deserved of youth today would make them more respectable and responsible as an adult and let's think how many our leaving school skip going on in education because they was booted out of school for bad behaviour and then not having a job because they're too lazy to get one national service would sort that out as it would teach them skills and educate them for the better good than wasting they're life's infront of a game console becoming brain dead monkeys.

• Not For Everyone.

To bring back the national service for everyone would have too many complications and would be unfair for those who have contributed to the country.

I do however agree with some level of National Service for those who have been imprisoned multiple times for violent offences, as this could invigorate a greater sense of discipline into them and give them reference for the future.

• Im blak yes

• Education not war!

I believe the answer to today's socialites behavioural problems from some (I really want to emphasis some!) Young people is to make education more accessible for all and make university education free! Expand the mind of the young and invest in the people of tomorrow! If a person wants to join the armed forces than that's their choice no one should be forced to go into combat

• Education not war!

• It would be physically and mentally painful

School is bad enough - nobody ever says they enjoyed it, regardless of whether or not it was useful as i am sure it was - and practically joining the army would be way, way worse and have effects that would only benefit a few people. I do not want to respect my country if it forces four years of useless labor on me during my good years.

• No to conscription

This keeps coming up, sounds a popular statement but my opinion is why should the Forces have the Dick heads who are in the main wasters. My son is going into the Army this September why because he wants to and to serve his country not that he has to but he wants to. So my ans is NO to bring back National service

• Definitely not ever

Why and for what purpose? The argument that it disciplines youth doesn't stack up, what about the 95% of young people who arent yobs? Do we force them into the army? In any case, the only reason it was kept on in the 50s was that it was a cheap way of policing the last remnants of the empire. You would upset peoples lives and career choices as well as compelling people who have no desire to do military service into something against their will, I would be useless in the army, so would millions of others. Its not as if national survival is at stake, so why?

• Some people might have careers and families

Most people are going to universities and then starting careers they dream of. It could destroy not only their jobs but also private life ie planning a family or being in a relationship. It's a good idea for young boys who don't know what to do after finishing their education.

• An absolute no

Absolutely not. How can you take the choice away from people after giving me it back to them somewhat 50 years ago, forcing a path for people in their own lives is wrong on so many levels. I wouldn't want to send my child off to fight against their will this is immoral.

• We all contribute

I am a soldier, but I was born a farmer. The average acre of corn feed between 112-130 people, based on recommended nutritional values. I had a strong calling to enlist long before I was of age, and as soon as I turned 17, I was in. However, just because i'm willing to fight and die for the good ol' USA, doesn't mean others want to, or should have to. We need young new farmers to feed the world, businessmen to innovate, doctors and scientists to research disease curing medicines, and the list goes on.

To force people to join the army would be a stupid waste of potential. While my time in the US Army so far has changed my life beyond explanation, it's not for everyone.