• You think cheer leading is not a sport well your wrong.

People all ways ask "is cheer leading really a sport?" well i'm going to answer your question. Okay so we know cheer leading meets all athletic requierments. One coach say "all my girls work hard every day and we compete against other competetive teams and get a lot of exersize in" it IS proven that cheer leading is a sport.

• Yes cheer is a sport

Is cheerleading a sport? This is a question that has been discussed for many years. The actual definition of a sport is an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. Cheerleading meets all of those standards. In this essay I will prove how cheerleading is a sport.

The first thing that it says is that it must involve physical exertion. In other words that means the activity of exerting your muscles to stay fit. In cheerleading you have to use your muscles to lift people up in the air and to do backflips, frontflips, and other types of gymnastic tricks.

• Yes it is a sport

Cheerleading is a very physically demanding sport. Cheerleading is second in highest amount of catastrophic injuries. Most schools demand a B average or higher to attend in sports. I don't think they'd be kicking girls off the team if cheer isn't a sport. I don't think schools would be having pep rally's for sports team and allow cheerleaders to be in it.

• Yes, we should

If you have ever been to one of these show, you know how crazy they are. Its a combination of dancing and gymnastics. The fact is you have to be in shape or skilled to perform on a competitive level,but I doubt it will ever be considered an olympic sport.

• There are worse sports

How is curling considered a sport? Cheerleading is pretty physical with all the running, jumping, and throwing people in the air. They have competitions and are judged on how well they perform. Kind of sounds like Ice skating, except it is not on ice. Might as well make cheerleading a Olympic sport like all the other crazy sports they are coming up with.

• Yes, it's athletic.

If curling is an Olympic sport, cheerleading should definitely be a sport. The skills they perform take a lot of physical ability and are not easy to learn. It is my understanding that this is the definition of a sport. It's unlikely that cheerleading will ever compete with football, but it is a sport.

• Cheerleading should be considered a sport.

Yes, cheerleading should be viewed as a sport just as much as any other sport. The cheerleaders learn routines and perform tumbling activities, which is not so different from organized gymnastics. People generally don't questions whether gymnastics is a sport, so for that reason, cheerleading should also be considered a sport.

• Let me justify my claim.

I want to first start out by saying that I respect cheerleaders. It is a very difficult task to do all of these acrobatics and I am sure it takes a lot of practice and skill. But, I must say that I believe cheerleading is not a sport. Let me elaborate...DI was asked in a survey by a bunch of girls if I thought cheerleading was a sport. When I told them no they had to take a step back in disgust. They hated me for saying it and wanted an immediate justification. So, i stated:

When you play a sport, It requires you to use you skill and athleticism to out work or out play your opponent. By doing this, you are to use your knowledge of the sport to your advantage to ultimately outdo your opponent. At the end, the one who does the best is the one with the better score. Now, what I said there may have sounded like all of the characteristics that cheerleading boasts. But that is untrue. Cheerleading requires you to, let's say cheer as loud and as best as possible. With choreography and a little bit of gymnastics, you are able to accumulate a score, now listen, based on the idea of the JUDGES. A real sport is based upon scores you accumulate throughout the competition and you try to do this in the allotted time given. In cheer, yes there is a time limit, but that is to your routine. It is not for ending the game. You win a game after the final buzzer has sounded and you see the difference in the scores. You win, based on your performance with no need for judges opinions. There is no shot clock, no game winners or buzzer beaters in cheerleading leading me to believe that cheerleading is not a sport for this reason. Now that you have had time to digest that let me move on to my next argument. If you think of any sport, any type of sport, you think of the equipment that goes with it. A football, a baseball and a bat, a basketball with a hoop. These are just some examples of equipment pieces used in popular sports. Cheerleading does not require the use of any sort of equipment to perform the activity making it not a sport. You play a sport by using that equipment and the person or team to use that equipment the best is the person or team to win the game or competition. When it comes to jerseys or pompoms there is no argument there. Those pieces are not used to help you win the competition. Look at any sport. They use equipment. On a final note, those cheerleaders I mentioned earlier, for a last ditch effort, tried to tell me that there are injuries in cheerleading just like in any other sport. They told me to explain, so I did. I stated that you know if I were to climb......

• No, It's dangerous Sport

I think it is. It requires a lot of energy and strength to be a cheerleader. It's also really dangerous.
    No doubt Cheerleading is a sport!! Cheerleading is one of the toughest sports and is the top sport for injuries! It is physically demanding and takes a lot of commitment and effort, but it is an extra-curricular activity only.

• Why ljckfblihvb nfeklvnsierl

CHEER ISNT A SPORT THATS MY EVIDENCE I DONT Think it is the end thank you for your time and don't ask further more questions... CHEER NOT BE SPORT YOU NEED TO GET IT ACEOSS YOUR MINDS, it's not a sport and it's because cheerleaders don't do physical activity and they don't sweat during practis

• Its not a sport

Its not a sport l l l l l l l ll l l l l l l l l l l l lll l ll l l l l l l l l l l ll l l l l ll l l l ll ll l l l l