• Although they may keep their culture, their life needs to change.

They need Jesus. Jesus is why I have a reason to live, I couldn't imagine life without Him. So these people need him too. It's mean to leave them the way they are.
    But I understand the risks. They could get sick. But if they made contact with us they could have good medical care!
    And I know there is some danger to ourselves, but I think that I'd be willing to die for these people, and maybe my death would bring them to Christ!
    But the thing that I hate is that whenever people go to uncontacted tribes they always try to bring western culture. I hate that. They should keep,their culture, just their lives should be changed by Jesus' love.

• Often, they have severe problems

Many tribes are violent, or have a history of violence. They have no access to modern medicine, so delibating diseases still plague them. They, most of all, need the love of Jesus. Not western culture, just Jesus. Their culture does not have to be extinguished in order to evangelize. It's not a matter of IF someone will contact them, it is WHO will make first contact. A violent, greedy logger, or a missionary who genuinely cares for them. However, any dangerous customs should probably be done away with. If any missionary or missionaries go to a tribe, there should be a doctor among them, not only to help with the natural ailments, but diseases potentially brought by the missionaries. Because the benifits outweigh the risks, I believe that uncontacted tribes should be contacted by missionaries.

• Just do it carefully

If it's handled carefully there should be no problem. I am sure there are experts who know ho to plan things to avoid transmitting diseases and know how to deal with cultural differences in a sensitive manner. The tribe may be interested in getting access to modern conveniences and we'd be wrong not to contact them to give them that opportunity. Or even if not some people in the tribe might have a different opinion. There could be a tribesman dreaming of a better life, bored out of his mind. I'm not saying it couldn't be a fun time at the tribe for some people but each person is different. We may be denying someone who would've loved traveling the world and attending a university his opportunity to do that by not making contact.

• A very good statement

Should alcohol be allowed for anyone?
    Is it moral to put animals in zoos?
    Would you support transforming the Earth into a massive mobile superbuilding? Basically replacing everything with machinery. Basically Death star but without blowing planets up
    Should there be zoos?
    Civil unions vs. Gay marriage: Do civil unions unfairly deprive the symbol of "marriage"?
    Do the police make suspicions based on race?
    Should Debate.Org have team debates?
    Do enough Americans ride mass transit instead of driving cars and expelling harmful fumes?
    School should go for 2 hours longer
    Anton Vaino's "nooscope": Is the academic work of Putin's new chief of staff more than theoretical?

• It will better their lives

Contacting tribes will introduce them to modern technology that will benefit them and make their lives easier by improving their living conditions and giving them access to tools that can allow them to complete tasks more efficiently. The people of the tribes also deserve the right to know about the big world that exists beyond their tribe.

• We should not contact uncontacted tribes.

We should not contact uncontacted tribes. We should leave them be unless they want to be contacted. We should also leave them alone and not bother their resources and leave them be if they do not want help. The government should not have their sticky fingers in every single thing.

• Leave them be.

Let them live as they are and stay away from their natural resources. Our society is done for waiting to self destruct. Let them live as they want. Western values are not always the best. Their value system might just out way ours. Protect them by letting them just be.

• My uneducated answer is no

As far as I know the Brazilian authorities are avoiding just that. If we did contact them, I can imagine that we might carry on sicknesses as the pilgrims did with the native American tribes. What if they act hostile towards foreigners (maybe that's why their far in the Jungle?) and the results are deadly? They are also one of the last tribes untouched by Globalization. Isn't that precious in itself?

• There is no excuse

Have any of you ever watched Star Trek: The Next Generation? I'm dead serious here. Ever wondered why Starfleet Rule #1 is to not influence the futures of the planets that you visit regardless of whether it will benefit the inhabitants? Because these alien societies have the right to progress at their own pace and to interact with them is to deprive them of a fundamental right to self-determination. When people make contact with isolated tribes nothing but terrible things happen. These people are probably the most vulnerable in existence. They have no birth certificates, citizenship, or legal protection. They do not exist in the eyes of the government and are as much subject to the law of their nation as clouds in the national airspace. Disease will decimate the majority of the population upon contact, poverty will descend upon them, and finally their ancient traditional culture will be eroded as the younger generation disappears to the cities looking for opportunity. To infect fellow humans -mothers, children, uncles, sisters- with deadly illness, allow unfathomably ancient tribal culture to be diluted in our own vast global melting-pot, condemn people to live in dismal poverty on the edge of the "civilized" world, and deprive a small, isolated society of the right to captain its own fate is never an ethical course of action. I have never been a religious person but I don't think the love of Jesus, or for that matter modern medical care, make up for these atrocious consequences now matter how glorious we may think they are.

• I do not believe that we should contact the tribes

I believe that the Native tribes should be left alone because if they were to be introduced to the modern world then it could come as a detriment to them. They have been left alone to learn to look after themselves and have got used to the isolation so why should we start now?
    Making contact with them could prove as a danger for us and for them, whereas if we left them then nothing would happen. Sometimes there may be accidental contact with the tribes but they very rarely notice and can get on with their lives. If we went along and began invading there part of the rainforest and bug them then they could get unhappy and could lash out.
    I think that if we left them alone then they may not hurt us and would leave us enough wood and trees for the supply that we need.

Rafe says2013-09-19T13:20:52.027
I'm not really sure. Contacting them would be good, as we can give them medicines that would make their life better and allowing them to live longer. They could even get a better education and learn to read and write, and teaching them about ethics is always good.

On the other side, there could be some illnesses we have and they are not immunized against, but that is easily resolved with modern medicine. Their culture would be affected by the education they would be receiving from us, but not sure if that would affect them for the better or not. Also, as Hanver said, if they happen to be hostile, and turn aggressive towards the people contacting them, they would have to face trial, giving them a negative view of us.