• Remedies both economic and environmental problems at the same time.

All developed economies should be working on developing their environmental industries now. There should be more incentives for recycling industries to operate, etc. It is just as well, since globalised production moved many labour-intensive processes to the newly industrialised countries, leaving less skilled blue collar workers unemployed in the developed countries. Green collar jobs can improve the environment and reduce waste, while at the same time easing structural unemployment. South Korea has done a wonderful job of this with SR Centre, which employs low-skilled labour with low bargaining power, including the homeless. They recycle harmful e-waste, which desperately needs recycling, both because of the environmental damage it inflicts and because we are running low on minerals needed to drive electronics.

• It helps the environment

If you have a lot of solar powered cars and solar powered houses than it will help the environment by keeping the air clean and not having our oceans,lakes,and rivers polluted. It also helps the atmosphere, because when coal and gas burns than it turns into carbon dioxide and carbon dioxide ruins the atmosphere by burning it. These are the reasons why I think that we should create more green collar jobs.

• It helps the environment

• For our current time, I would have to say no.

I am all for the free market, and so if "green-collar" jobs are needed and profitable, then they will be created, whether we like it for not. However, to say we should create them brings to mind corporate welfare, taxes, and (ugh) Solyndra. Fact is, most "green-collar" jobs are not beneficial at this point because green energy is not very efficient. Personally, I think the most environmentally and efficient form of power would be nuclear, and if this considered "green" I'm all for it.