• Taking Away From Important Classes.

Yes, we should cut fine arts in schools because it is a large distraction in a student's educational carrier. Most fine art classes do not include extra practice for core (math, science, english) classes. There for, yes we should cut fine arts from schools across our educationally talented and great nation

• Ridiculous waste of a credit

I don't understand the purpose of having a fine arts credit being required because quite frankly they neither teach you life skills or even skills needed for the entertainment industry. I was once a member of school theater and was so fed up with it's incessant ridiculousness that I opted out of it. Since I have to graduate with 1 fine art credit I've chosen Art History which a few months ago I would've laughed at how unlike me that sounds. If you want to do fine arts that's fine, and many public schools even offer clubs for various fine arts anyways.

• Art isn't a required skill

If kids want to take an art class they can go somewhere else but school. School is where children are taught math, science, and English.
    Art costs a lot which leaves less money for actual subjects.
    I also think some sports should be cut, for the same reason. Its just entertainment, unless they all become Lebron James' and (enter famous football player name here) its unnecessary as well. You may hate me because I am home schooled

• Mlg kk. Krew

Xxx_billy_xxx
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n. N n n. N n nn. Nn n nn. N nn n nn nn n n n. N nn n nn n n nn nn nnn nn n nn n nn n n n nn n nn n n n n nnn nn n n nn n n

• I'm only 14...

And I think fine arts are very important. I may not be that great at drawing and I may not be a good musician, but I do drama and it helps me with my acting, of course, and it helps me know how and how a director (which is what I am training to be when I graduate) gets think done, since we are supplied a great director it makes things fun and enjoyable. Fine arts are also very cheap when it comes to things like drama or dancing.

• We shouldn't cut these programs

We shouldn't cut them because these programs help kids all over the world. And if the arts didn't exist we wouldn't have as many musicians and artist as we do now. The arts also help give benefits to low-income family all over the would and the arts help children figure out who they are and they find there hidden talents. The arts are also a huge part of today society. And every since the arts have come to schools graduate rates have been shooting up. And the arts give kids chances they may never find any were else. And that is why we shouldn't cut these programs from our public schools.

• The arts are not a waste of time.

Not only are there studies out there that prove fine arts such as music and art drastically improve a student's SAT score and overall learning ability, music in particular allows students to learn important skills such as cooperation, listening, social skills, teamwork, and being apart of a community in which one is not an individual, but all members of the ensemble are vital to the performance and each part is necessary to become something incredible. For some, music is their entire life. Cutting the arts in public education will not solve anything. It will not help student to focus on their "core" classes. Music invokes a dedication and passion that no other class does, and without it where will those students go? If you think cutting the arts from public schools will have any positive impact whatsoever, you are sadly mistaken.

• Don't cut fine arts. We need it in our lives. It is not a waste of time. Music is all I have in my life.

Fine arts should not be cut because it an help support children in many classes including math. Most people do not realize this. For example, with constant counting, and time signature overlaps in music, you are constantly doing math. Also you may even be dulling our future generations by taking out creativity. So,every time you say fine arts should be taken out, you are breaking society.

• Fine arts need to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine arts should stay because there are people who need an adventurist tour. Many children want to be a singer or an artist when they get older but if they cut fine arts you are going to crush childrens dreams and this is why fine arts have to stay. Bye

• Do not cut art programs

The fundamentals of creativity, authenticity, and individuality come from creative outlets such as art and music. If these programs were to become more scarce and their importance faded, there would be no way to maintain a sense of individuality. Also, the art programs offered at schools really boost test scores and led kids on the right path to success.

• Why would you think arts should be cut?

Studies have shown that the arts program is beneficial to us because it helps connect both hemispheres of our brain. Also it show kids that there are many different cultures, traditions, and customs, which provides a understanding of racial diversity which is an important aspect of the citizens of America

• I'm in choir and I have a scholarship

Um cutting the art program from schools is a major problem. Some kids think that the arts is a whatever thing, but being in the arts has helped me and also my future career. Photography, drama, dance, and choir have pushed me further into a greater career than volleyball or cheer every could. I don't believe that people understand that the arts program is important to people and people just assume that math, English, or sports is what we head for in life.

• All signs point to no, we need the arts in our life.

Music education, and band specifically, are known to be called useless, when in reality they are a student's least credited, most valuable resource. With recent advancements in neuroscience, we have been able to discover what activities trigger which parts of the brain. Even listening to music sets off neurons all over your brain, allowing you to analyze each part of the music, taking it apart and putting it all back together in mere milliseconds, but playing an instrument is another area altogether. When a musician plays their instrument, there entire brain lights up, literally. Every part of your brain is activated when you play a musical instrument, the equivalent of a full body workout for your brain. Playing an instrument also effects your memory; Those who are musicians tend to give their memories multiple tags, such as a conceptual tag, an emotional tag, an audio tag, and a contextual tag. Everybody should attempt to play an instrument at some point in their life, anyone can learn, and the ways it could benefit you outweigh any risk, because there are none(How playing an instrument benefits your brain - Anita Collins). All this and the amount of emotional ties people for in these classes are what makes us who we are, we need to keep fine arts in public education.