• Taking Away From Important Classes.

Yes, we should cut fine arts in schools because it is a large distraction in a student's educational carrier. Most fine art classes do not include extra practice for core (math, science, english) classes. There for, yes we should cut fine arts from schools across our educationally talented and great nation

• Ridiculous waste of a credit

I don't understand the purpose of having a fine arts credit being required because quite frankly they neither teach you life skills or even skills needed for the entertainment industry. I was once a member of school theater and was so fed up with it's incessant ridiculousness that I opted out of it. Since I have to graduate with 1 fine art credit I've chosen Art History which a few months ago I would've laughed at how unlike me that sounds. If you want to do fine arts that's fine, and many public schools even offer clubs for various fine arts anyways.

• Art isn't a required skill

If kids want to take an art class they can go somewhere else but school. School is where children are taught math, science, and English.
    Art costs a lot which leaves less money for actual subjects.
    I also think some sports should be cut, for the same reason. Its just entertainment, unless they all become Lebron James' and (enter famous football player name here) its unnecessary as well. You may hate me because I am home schooled

• Mlg kk. Krew

Xxx_billy_xxx
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n. N n n. N n nn. Nn n nn. N nn n nn nn n n n. N nn n nn n n nn nn nnn nn n nn n nn n n n nn n nn n n n n nnn nn n n nn n n

• I'm only 14...

And I think fine arts are very important. I may not be that great at drawing and I may not be a good musician, but I do drama and it helps me with my acting, of course, and it helps me know how and how a director (which is what I am training to be when I graduate) gets think done, since we are supplied a great director it makes things fun and enjoyable. Fine arts are also very cheap when it comes to things like drama or dancing.

• Do not cut art programs

The fundamentals of creativity, authenticity, and individuality come from creative outlets such as art and music. If these programs were to become more scarce and their importance faded, there would be no way to maintain a sense of individuality. Also, the art programs offered at schools really boost test scores and led kids on the right path to success.

• Why would you think arts should be cut?

Studies have shown that the arts program is beneficial to us because it helps connect both hemispheres of our brain. Also it show kids that there are many different cultures, traditions, and customs, which provides a understanding of racial diversity which is an important aspect of the citizens of America

• I'm in choir and I have a scholarship

Um cutting the art program from schools is a major problem. Some kids think that the arts is a whatever thing, but being in the arts has helped me and also my future career. Photography, drama, dance, and choir have pushed me further into a greater career than volleyball or cheer every could. I don't believe that people understand that the arts program is important to people and people just assume that math, English, or sports is what we head for in life.

• All signs point to no, we need the arts in our life.

Music education, and band specifically, are known to be called useless, when in reality they are a student's least credited, most valuable resource. With recent advancements in neuroscience, we have been able to discover what activities trigger which parts of the brain. Even listening to music sets off neurons all over your brain, allowing you to analyze each part of the music, taking it apart and putting it all back together in mere milliseconds, but playing an instrument is another area altogether. When a musician plays their instrument, there entire brain lights up, literally. Every part of your brain is activated when you play a musical instrument, the equivalent of a full body workout for your brain. Playing an instrument also effects your memory; Those who are musicians tend to give their memories multiple tags, such as a conceptual tag, an emotional tag, an audio tag, and a contextual tag. Everybody should attempt to play an instrument at some point in their life, anyone can learn, and the ways it could benefit you outweigh any risk, because there are none(How playing an instrument benefits your brain - Anita Collins). All this and the amount of emotional ties people for in these classes are what makes us who we are, we need to keep fine arts in public education.

• You're a fucking idiot if you think any reason to cut any sort of fine arts program from a school is a good one. A

All kinds of fine arts are important to making us human. If all we did was calculate numbers and memorize dates, which is what public schools have become, memorizing facts for passing tests instead of actually learning, we will not be human but just walking computers. If anything we should fund the fine arts more.

• We need the arts in our life

Students who study art are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement and 3 times more likely to be awarded for school attendance. Multiple studies have concluded that curricular and extracurricular art studies and activities help keep high-risk dropout students in school. Arts helps us learn better.

• We should not cut fine arts from schools.

Did you know that studies have shown that fine arts help you to succeed? What about the fact that playing an instrument and learning to read music help you learn quicker? Drawing and learning the skills of art allow you to open new areas of your mind? All of these arts allow you to do well in other topics like language, English, math, and reading in general.

• Art is not only a wonderful career path, it can be an outlet for stress for students.

I graduated from high school in the spring of 2015 so some may discount what I have to say. However, I believe my experience is relevant. Through four years of high school I continually had English, Math and Sciences that were at least one year ahead and my primary outlet for stress was my involvement in the music department. The more time I spent trying to improve my musical performance I felt justified and capable of improving my abilities in core classes. Another reason I valued the arts departments is I was not just a test score but a person trying to express myself.

• Music is life

I think that we should not cut it. I am a violinists and I love it and I am also a singer. If we cut fine arts in school a lot of people would be disappointed. Throughout the day I get tired when im in my daily classes but when I get to my orchestra or choir class im awake and alive. So no I don't think that we should cut it.