• Mlg kk. Krew

Xxx_billy_xxx
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n. N n n. N n nn. Nn n nn. N nn n nn nn n n n. N nn n nn n n nn nn nnn nn n nn n nn n n n nn n nn n n n n nnn nn n n nn n n

• Taking Away From Important Classes.

Yes, we should cut fine arts in schools because it is a large distraction in a student's educational carrier. Most fine art classes do not include extra practice for core (math, science, english) classes. There for, yes we should cut fine arts from schools across our educationally talented and great nation

• Ridiculous waste of a credit

I don't understand the purpose of having a fine arts credit being required because quite frankly they neither teach you life skills or even skills needed for the entertainment industry. I was once a member of school theater and was so fed up with it's incessant ridiculousness that I opted out of it. Since I have to graduate with 1 fine art credit I've chosen Art History which a few months ago I would've laughed at how unlike me that sounds. If you want to do fine arts that's fine, and many public schools even offer clubs for various fine arts anyways.

• I'm only 14...

And I think fine arts are very important. I may not be that great at drawing and I may not be a good musician, but I do drama and it helps me with my acting, of course, and it helps me know how and how a director (which is what I am training to be when I graduate) gets think done, since we are supplied a great director it makes things fun and enjoyable. Fine arts are also very cheap when it comes to things like drama or dancing.

• Waste O' Time

A lot of kids have very tight schedules and don’t have the time or the money to do these programs. Students are more interested in other programs like sports and clubs (that do not include fine arts). Many students are not joining these programs because they are not seen as the most obvious money-maker.

• The "Fine" Arts support oppression against women.

If we continue to carry the "Fine" Arts program, we are objectifying women and children as "Fine". If schools continue to objectify women, is equality actually existent? The "Fine" Arts programs make our country worse than that of the vacuum of space. If we are to allow this to continue in schools, we should make a new country on the Moon. My proposal is to make an all gender nation (Excluding men) called, New Individual Girls Generating Equality Radically. Let's make it happen.

• Arts allows individualism

Students are often faced with the issue of not feeling like they fit in. The art programs allow students to express themselves in a healthy way that is not knocking people on their butts or causing brain damage. Whether drawing, dancing, singing, or acting students are allowed to truly be themselves and meet others similar to themselves

• Art isn't a required skill

If kids want to take an art class they can go somewhere else but school. School is where children are taught math, science, and English.
    Art costs a lot which leaves less money for actual subjects.
    I also think some sports should be cut, for the same reason. Its just entertainment, unless they all become Lebron James' and (enter famous football player name here) its unnecessary as well. You may hate me because I am home schooled

• No, if you do I will come to your house and shoot your cat.

I will straight up kill your cat. You think im kidding I'll take a dump in your cat's litter box. HEllo my name is Timothy. I am a 47 year old lunatic.I am also a double black belt. I will judo kick some kid in the head. I need three doll hairs for my rabbitt stew.

• Why would you?

The fine arts present children with more than just one clear cut answer to a problem, and allow the child to express themselves creatively, if they so wish. It indirectly shows that the world is not black and white. Who's to say that they won't opt for a creative career anyway?

• Fine arts is a part of almost every job.

Some form of fine arts is located in almost every job, not just the artistic ones, and to some students, these are not only to learn to draw or produce music, but to get out of stressful situations that the required courses put on their shoulders. Studies have also shown that students involved with some form of fine arts have a higher GPA because of how the classes improves their focusing skills.

• The Fine Arts

Art should be a huge part of peoples lives, mostly because art actually simulates various parts of the brain that allow us to think better. Along with that, art can inspire us to be happy or to help people. I know that if a parent had to choose between art or math per say, which one would they be more likely to choose. I am actually writing an article about this right now, and all of your opinions have been great help. So thank you all, and I do hope you are aware that art is a part of everyone's lives, whether they realize it or not.

• Gives Students a Place to Excel

Many students struggle with their common core classes such as math and science. Being in a band or choir or other arts program, gives them an area to excel in that is more creative where they have more freedom to express themselves. In all reality the arts are very comparable to athletics. Schools encourage athletics and will spend thousands of dollars on their sports teams each year. There is hardly a difference between the two. Arts and sports both exaggerate the importance of being an individual to a group, practice, patience, diligence, and hard work.

• Arts allows individualism

• Life in fine arts

Fine arts have helped me through everything in life and most of my friends come from the fine art department. Fine arts is needed to succeed in life. It is also been proven that those who has taken a fine arts class scores higher scores in english and math classes. Food for thought.

• The Arts are an important foundation of our culture and a student's growth.

The arts in school needs to be stressed. As it always had in Western education, because it helps foster a thinking public, and helps people think critically in the real world. The arts need to be taught, but they need to be taught better in our schools, with more stringent standards that are often lost for fear of hampering creativity. Thus, no more A grades in an arts or writing class for someone who refuses to nail the fundamentals. The only reason many so called "back to basics" people and conservative ideologues support stripping the arts is that real art teaching fosters independent thinking, and they feel that students who do this might not turn out in the way they consider to be like minded.

• We shouldn't cut these programs

We shouldn't cut them because these programs help kids all over the world. And if the arts didn't exist we wouldn't have as many musicians and artist as we do now. The arts also help give benefits to low-income family all over the would and the arts help children figure out who they are and they find there hidden talents. The arts are also a huge part of today society. And every since the arts have come to schools graduate rates have been shooting up. And the arts give kids chances they may never find any were else. And that is why we shouldn't cut these programs from our public schools.