• Taking Away From Important Classes.

Yes, we should cut fine arts in schools because it is a large distraction in a student's educational carrier. Most fine art classes do not include extra practice for core (math, science, english) classes. There for, yes we should cut fine arts from schools across our educationally talented and great nation

• Ridiculous waste of a credit

I don't understand the purpose of having a fine arts credit being required because quite frankly they neither teach you life skills or even skills needed for the entertainment industry. I was once a member of school theater and was so fed up with it's incessant ridiculousness that I opted out of it. Since I have to graduate with 1 fine art credit I've chosen Art History which a few months ago I would've laughed at how unlike me that sounds. If you want to do fine arts that's fine, and many public schools even offer clubs for various fine arts anyways.

• Arts allows individualism

Students are often faced with the issue of not feeling like they fit in. The art programs allow students to express themselves in a healthy way that is not knocking people on their butts or causing brain damage. Whether drawing, dancing, singing, or acting students are allowed to truly be themselves and meet others similar to themselves

• Art isn't a required skill

If kids want to take an art class they can go somewhere else but school. School is where children are taught math, science, and English.
    Art costs a lot which leaves less money for actual subjects.
    I also think some sports should be cut, for the same reason. Its just entertainment, unless they all become Lebron James' and (enter famous football player name here) its unnecessary as well. You may hate me because I am home schooled

• Mlg kk. Krew

Xxx_billy_xxx
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n. N n n. N n nn. Nn n nn. N nn n nn nn n n n. N nn n nn n n nn nn nnn nn n nn n nn n n n nn n nn n n n n nnn nn n n nn n n

• I'm only 14...

And I think fine arts are very important. I may not be that great at drawing and I may not be a good musician, but I do drama and it helps me with my acting, of course, and it helps me know how and how a director (which is what I am training to be when I graduate) gets think done, since we are supplied a great director it makes things fun and enjoyable. Fine arts are also very cheap when it comes to things like drama or dancing.

• The Fine Arts

Art should be a huge part of peoples lives, mostly because art actually simulates various parts of the brain that allow us to think better. Along with that, art can inspire us to be happy or to help people. I know that if a parent had to choose between art or math per say, which one would they be more likely to choose. I am actually writing an article about this right now, and all of your opinions have been great help. So thank you all, and I do hope you are aware that art is a part of everyone's lives, whether they realize it or not.

• Gives Students a Place to Excel

Many students struggle with their common core classes such as math and science. Being in a band or choir or other arts program, gives them an area to excel in that is more creative where they have more freedom to express themselves. In all reality the arts are very comparable to athletics. Schools encourage athletics and will spend thousands of dollars on their sports teams each year. There is hardly a difference between the two. Arts and sports both exaggerate the importance of being an individual to a group, practice, patience, diligence, and hard work.

• Arts allows individualism

• Life in fine arts

Fine arts have helped me through everything in life and most of my friends come from the fine art department. Fine arts is needed to succeed in life. It is also been proven that those who has taken a fine arts class scores higher scores in english and math classes. Food for thought.

• The Arts are an important foundation of our culture and a student's growth.

The arts in school needs to be stressed. As it always had in Western education, because it helps foster a thinking public, and helps people think critically in the real world. The arts need to be taught, but they need to be taught better in our schools, with more stringent standards that are often lost for fear of hampering creativity. Thus, no more A grades in an arts or writing class for someone who refuses to nail the fundamentals. The only reason many so called "back to basics" people and conservative ideologues support stripping the arts is that real art teaching fosters independent thinking, and they feel that students who do this might not turn out in the way they consider to be like minded.

• We shouldn't cut these programs

We shouldn't cut them because these programs help kids all over the world. And if the arts didn't exist we wouldn't have as many musicians and artist as we do now. The arts also help give benefits to low-income family all over the would and the arts help children figure out who they are and they find there hidden talents. The arts are also a huge part of today society. And every since the arts have come to schools graduate rates have been shooting up. And the arts give kids chances they may never find any were else. And that is why we shouldn't cut these programs from our public schools.

• The arts are not a waste of time.

Not only are there studies out there that prove fine arts such as music and art drastically improve a student's SAT score and overall learning ability, music in particular allows students to learn important skills such as cooperation, listening, social skills, teamwork, and being apart of a community in which one is not an individual, but all members of the ensemble are vital to the performance and each part is necessary to become something incredible. For some, music is their entire life. Cutting the arts in public education will not solve anything. It will not help student to focus on their "core" classes. Music invokes a dedication and passion that no other class does, and without it where will those students go? If you think cutting the arts from public schools will have any positive impact whatsoever, you are sadly mistaken.

• Don't cut fine arts. We need it in our lives. It is not a waste of time. Music is all I have in my life.

Fine arts should not be cut because it an help support children in many classes including math. Most people do not realize this. For example, with constant counting, and time signature overlaps in music, you are constantly doing math. Also you may even be dulling our future generations by taking out creativity. So,every time you say fine arts should be taken out, you are breaking society.

• Fine arts need to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fine arts should stay because there are people who need an adventurist tour. Many children want to be a singer or an artist when they get older but if they cut fine arts you are going to crush childrens dreams and this is why fine arts have to stay. Bye