• I think we should

The Shell company has several backup plans to ensure that the leak/spill will be stopped. They have several rams that will pinch off the pipe and still if that doesn't work, they have another shutoff valve. If that still doesn't work they will drill into the pipe at an angle and fill the pipe with concrete to make a permanent stop to the leak. While this is going in there will be skimmers collecting the oil on top of the water and what they cant, they will burn off the rest of the oil. Its going to be burned eventually.

• Yes but in a careful manner

Alaska is such a beautiful place, too much oil production might hurt it. Drilling for oil would certainly improve the economy and provide more jobs for the public. A down side to that is Alaska would become so expensive! The housing and everything else would go sky high. Just like what happened in Alberta but more at an extreme level because its up north.

• I think so!

Alaska is full of oil and it is big enough where we would not hurt the wildlife or people living in Alaska. Alaska is part of the United States, and we would be less dependent on foreign oil. It would lower our gas prices, and help our economy. I think drilling in Alaska is a win situation for all Americans!

• Hello Alaska, here come the drillers

This country has an economic status in dire straits because we are held hostage to purchasing oil anywhere except America. We have let it get to a point where soon, the oil companies will be governing our country. Look at a satellite map of Alaska and you will see for yourself there is more than enough land to drill oil without taking away from their natural way of life. Also, why is the lower 48 states subject to experimentations with windmills, oil drilling and everything else? Why is Alaska excluded, they are part of the US aren't they?

• Very cautiously, yes

If you have an idea where reserves are, you have to go get them. You have to do it as responsibly as possible, of course, as we've seen what happens when a major company doesn't spend any time thinking about what might go wrong. In the right hands, though, go for it.

• It is coming

First, I would like to state that I am for drilling. 100% . But dont let that turn you off from what im about to say. I think we should all just take a step back and observe the situation in its entirety. I will not deny, there are a few enviornmental risks when drilling. However, oil had been known to enter into ocean water naturally so i really dont think its a big deal. I believe our plannet is equiped to deal woth such sittuations. However, we need to also look at the world today. Tensions are rising amongst the countries of the world. It is only a matter of time before war breaks out. I know the idea of a third world war might seem obsered to some people, but the reality is, it is very likely. We aren't on the best of terms with russia right now, especially after trump ordered the missle strike on the syrian air base that launched a chemical attack on syrian civilians. Russia isnt too happy. This could ultimately contribute to the start of a war. The thing to understand about war is that a lot of resources are required to continue the fight. All that oil in alaska would be the perfect target for enemy. Russia would not give 2 shits about the enviornment either, they would just drill it. That is a huge advantage on their part. One big enough to possibly give them the upperhand. Not good for us. So i think the question we should be askimg ourselves is not "should we?" But "when should we?" Its only a matter of time. There are plenty of other reasons to drill, but this is the one i see to be the most important.

• Yes a lot.

The State of Alaska has an economy where most of it is in oil drilling and if we take that away the economy will go downhill and it will send the state into an even deeper budget crisis. I have lived there and if we take these jobs away it will be terrible for these people.

• Reduce dependency on foreign oil

We import 65% of the oil we use, and one of our major sources of domestic oil is declining.(Prudhoe bay) The amount of oil that is potentially in the coastal plain could save the U.S. 14 billion dollars in exports per year. Drilling in ANWR would create jobs and provide revenue to the government

• Yes yes yes

Yes yes yes yes eys yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yse yes yes yes yes yes yse yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes eys yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yse yes yes yes yes yes yse yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes no

• Yes we should

We have been blessed with resources and we should use 'em. Many people say that we shouldn't because of global warming, the environment etc but global warming is fake and oil spills are caused by man's carelessness. I'm in the 8th grade and we have this question as a debate.

• Waht why the dog

My girlfriend ate my dog yesterday so i ate her and smashed her head on the stove and it felt great and i will do it to her nan. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

• DOGZZZZ!! And lunch

I cant believe the dog i was eating it squealed `haaaaaaaaa aaaolaolaoa loa lao aloalaplaplapaopJKAIOAJSIPASDJWIOSD JQ WI ODJW IO D JQWIOC HWEO WHIUF VDH IG`grghqerioqruigvb qeriovbq e ruov bhe ufvb hqeuo bhq ub hqeo b uhquhqer uovbhqeo ru vbhq eviefhv bro qurvbqouervb hqoeu vbqeuorvb oquvb o quvoqhevbuhrbvuv oqe qeb woo

• DOGZZZZ!! And lunch

• Pull Your Head Out of Your Ass and Say NO!

It's bad for my couch eating and cortana says no tooooooooooooo. This morning when I was eating my cheerios and watching Dora hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hi hihi hi hi hhi hih ihih ihi ihihihi i bye

• Think of the Animals!

I say no because oil pollution can (and will) hurt the wildlife around that area. A seabird cannot float if its wings are covered in oil.
    Or, if the oil explodes somehow, it could hurt (or even kill the wildlifein the area)! I will say it one last time, Think of the animals (in spanish, piensa en los animales!)

• Think of the Animals!

• Sarah Palin NOOOOO

Sahara Palin is out of her fricking mind, she's not even thinking about the bloody wildlife. I think Obama is right and he should put Sarah Palin out of her misery. She is soooooo dumb and anti-environmental. What a very crabby bitch. I hope all of you agree with me.

• Sarah Palin NOOOOO

• Because hrhhher jjuju

Just because ilvo airuwrh;uar;iotaoi;tahw5h a5u ujeriup'43ju eroiufoiuu f opji4oi;uo jjoi riopu oi e9ud c ipde eipiic ejjjd sw s sw se e d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d d jeip

• What about wildlife!?

Think about it .... It would cause a whole lot of pollution which could hurt or, even worse, kill many animals. We do not need this kind of stuff to happen. Either way... We have many other places we can drill for oil and NOT harm the environment. I mean c'mon lets be for real hear... Gas prices could still go down either way. We dont need to harm the environment just to get better gas prices do we?