Should we educate our younger children on the importance of chakras and their contribution to our general well-being?

• The world is more then maths and fysics....

Why are there so many people depressive??? Its because we lose ourselves in the hard cold world of technology. When the world is more then that: there is magic in everyone, and with meditation, and knowing more of your spiritual self, you will be a much better person: a conscious person.

Posted by: Saby
  • Raised 12 on it

I raised 12 vegan children (12 vegan pregnancies & all healthy) teaching them the importance of chakras meditation yoga and positive self talk. 9 are grown and they all are fully aware of the bodies emotions and chakras. Its a vital thing in children. None of them went through those ruff teenage years as most parents would say. They are all supportive of each other, they can tell when someones having a bad day or thinking or just wants to be alone. I taught them a lot while they were young. I never once had to deal with that ruff patch period. They always consider/understand where others are coming from. Always had good relationships with there teachers. All were well liked in school and still well liked. Never went through infatuation with boys girls when younger. All play sports. All of my oldest have careers in helping people the rest are in collage and high school. I also taught them about happiness. How its simply a choice. I taught them never put material things in happiness. Understanding the chakras made that more understandable. They all have decided on celibacy on there own. And they are all still vegan. Soooo yes its extremely important to teach them that.

• Yes, to a degree

Children can benefit from learning calming techniques and breathing and ways to focus their energy. Even if we don't call it yoga, or use fancy names, there are some techniques children can learn to help them with self-awareness and relaxation. I don't think we should encourage children to ignore symptoms, and avoid seeking help when they are in pain. Learning about chakras could be a good thing for kids.

• In The Proper Setting

I believe teaching children about chakras and their contribution to our general well-being is something any parent could easily do at home. I think it would be good for children, since it may give them a little bit more understanding about them selves. Obviously, it would also be a great start in teaching children how to meditate.

• We should not educate our younger children on the importance of chakras.

We should not teach our children about chakras except to tell them that they are fake. Although it is interesting to look at Indian philosophy, it has no basis in the real world and it is a waste of time to take it seriously. Real science is different from pseudo-science.

• We should not educate our younger children on the importance of chakras and their contribution to our general well-being.

We should not educate our younger children on the importance of chakras and their contribution to our general well-being. The chakras do not believe in modern medicine and we do not want to be telling our kids that if they are sick they can just cure it by doing some meditating.

• Why should we?

There is no proven existence of "chakras", nor has it been shown that they provide an "important contribution" to our general well being. We may as well promote other unsupported psuedoscience in school, like divining rods and creationism. We should only teach children what is TRUE, as they are very impressionable. Anything other than what science shows us all is real can be "learned" later in life.

• As seen by Saby

We need to keep with truths. It is spelled PHYSICS, no fysics. Also, there is NO evidence for chakras and school is a place for learning the truth, not fictitious nonsense. Health classes do need improving, but health and PE combined are enough for teaching how to be healthy, not superstitious nonsense like chakra and god.

Posted by: SNP1
  • We are fine without it.

No, we should not educate our younger children on the importance of chakras and their contribution to our general well-being, because the youth of our society are not missing out on their health and well being because they are not informed about chakras. It is something to know, but it can hardly be called critical education.