• Political parties are only causing nothing but problems.

I am an Independent and I whole-heartedly believe that political parties are doing far more harm than good. Instead of people collectively voting for who they think the best person for the job is, the final vote comes down to just two people, who have polar opposite beliefs. Also, because people tend to only vote for Republican or Democrat, no other political party has even an inkling of chance of getting into the presidency, even if that candidate is the best person for the job. Personally, I'd do away with political parties and primaries, which would mean you would *gasp* have to actually research what each candidate represents and why they would make a good politician. For the record, George Washington refused to be a part of a political party, making him the only non-party president.

• Having political parties impedes the governments ability to pass constructive laws.

If we get rid of political parties, people would have to vote people into power based on the individual, instead of the party they are affiliated with. Lawmakers are essentially required to vote within their party lines, rather than for what they think is right, or they risk losing their cushy job. We see it constantly that congress is unable to do anything productive because the politics get in the way of passing legislation. Most people who vote don't even know any of the people they are putting in charge of the laws they are supposed to follow, they just vote straight ticket republican/democrat, instead of voting for the actual stances of the individual politicians, then they wonder why we keep getting the same results as all the politicians before. George Washington even predicted that this would be a problem and warned against it in his farewell address.

• Too much corporate interest ahead of what is truly good for the country as a whole. And plus who gives a fuck.

Fuck it. Political parties are causing more divide and making it harder for the country to progress. These are just my opinions not a argument. Now its says that i need 25 more words so ill just type in some random shit. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbb bbb bb b b b b. You get the point bitch.

• Parties are corrupt and manipulative

Free up candidates from party affiliation and you free up their thinking to act on what is truly best for the American people, not the party controllers. Parties control who can vote for who by creating closed primaries. Independent voters are left out of the mix. A no party system would be less prone to lobbyist activity as well and thereby limit the influence of special interest groups which ultimately corrupt politicians with bribes and pay backs under the table.

• Parties are corrupt and manipulative

• Please, dear God Please

Political parties in the end, support bias, manipulate people, and do whatever they can to control the general population's feelings. It's not what we need that they're concerned about. It's what they can do to stay in power. It's a world in which you're politically with us or against us and that isn't the point. The point of a government ruled by the people is that; we are all supposed to work together and find the best idea that we decide to use to improve our country. Not choose a candidate because he's in the party you support

• Political Parties are a waste of time.

Everybody argues and debates with the opposing party instead of coming together to work of the issue. Political parties are no longer useful in today's politics. Too much time is taken debating between the parties and nothing ever gets done in Congress. We need a stronger, efficient government and to get that we all must work collaboratively together to create the most effective solution.

• No Father Image

Through Suits and ties. Leaders gain trustworthiness. The suit keeps the psychological moral representation going. Yet the suit is being used incorrectly . And is instead, acting as a mere weapon of deceit. Undoing all moral conquest. The suit is our country's only valid armor. It is a shield and should act to prepare what is right. It is the voice. As the suit pyscologicaly teaches moral responsibility.

• No Father Image

• Difficult process that must be done to secure our future as ONE united country.

Political Parties lead to a lot of financial corruption and political obligations. You are not allowed to govern as you see fit due to the fact that someone, whom you most definitely owe your seat to, is holding your feet to the fire to make decisions that support your parties goals and views. It is all for the sake of power and greed. I understand that dissolving parties would be very costly and difficult because we would have to find a way to cut campaigning funds into the tax budget. I have many many ideas on how we would do this and though this is not an easy solution, the alternative is to continue having political parties, special interest groups and lobbyists control our congress, senate, and president. The ENDLESS campaign MUST end!

• A very Interesting question,

However, from the opposing arguments and the picture alongside it seems that the actually statement should be 'Should we get rid of political parties in the USA'. However I thought I would give a British perspective as a lack of parties in the UK would make sure that the government would not work at all firstly we could not have a prime minister! Also without them how would you fill positions like: Chancellor of the Exchequer or foreign secretary.

Secondly and this maybe an issue for both countries. Lets say I vote for an MP in my constituency and there no political parties I would not know if there was widespread support of their ideas. You say parties have gridlocked the system but with every member of parliament or congress shouting different ideas we would get nowhere, it would be more gridlocked than ever.

Also the final point I will bring up is funding without the support of a party how would one fund their campaigns. This would result in only the most wealthy of individuals could become a politicians; which I am sure is something you don't wish to happen!

• A world without political parties

There are reasons that political parties exist and I shall list them below

1.They maintain pressure on each other forcing a environment where you have to work to stay on top.

2.Without political parties it is basically a monarchy with one government that will remain for a indefinite period of time.

3.Political parties enable citizens to express their ideas through them and vote for what they think best.

Those afore mentioned reasons are why I disagree and why the motion should fall

• As much as I hate a two party system and think it is destructive to society. Political parties can be a great asset.

Political parties provide a way for people to meet with like minded individuals and promote their interests as a group. That being stated I do feel that republican or Democrat is a destructive way to divide the population. Especially when most of society says you are throwing away your vote if you don't vote for one of the two main parties. http://www.infobarrel.com/Politics_More_Complex_then_Heads_or_Tails

• No, it would destroy free speech

This would destroy our right to free speech. The political Parties represent what large groups of Americans stand for. Political Parties are Respresentative of people across the US and abolishing them would destroy the identity of many Americans. Without any political party the US would be under a monarchy of those who are popular in America today.

• Rules of Buisness

The reason we have political parties is that without them no one would compete to be the" better party" why would these politicians donate so much money to charities, and do good works. Because they are trying to show up the opposing party. Without it the central party could decide to just do nothing. Competition can bring out the best and worst in people.

• A very Interesting question,