• Yes, but . . .

Individuals, given they have a conscience, should consider whether or not to give to homeless people on an individual basis. 'Professional" homeless people, those making a 'living' at being homeless , should not be encouraged; those who are down on their luck, such as I was at one time, may be worthwhile recipients of charity, money or otherwise.

• They need it

They can or will die from thirst or hunger and u don't have to give money u can give old cloths and non perishable food items. So plzz help they may go get alcohol or drugs butt if u give them food they cant go get drugs or alcohol. HELP THE HOMELESS

• The Body Break Down

We need to give them the money because 90% of homeless people die because they don't have enough food or in the winter they don't have a warm coat. The human body will die after two days with no water. If a homeless person does find water then the is dirty and will possibly kill them the thing is that person or those people see you from across the street unpacking an entire car of food for 5 people. Maybe you don't want to give them money but hey give a loaf of bread. The thing is about 50% of homeless people have kids and kids aren't patient when comes to eating time. They are always begging when will I get food. But also not everybody deserves that money

• What if u got the same crisis

What if one day you just lost your house or someone you love is sick. To all the people who said no are greedy and ungrateful. I understand that their are imposters but unless you are homeless or really need the money it won't hurt to trust them and give the at least a dollar or two.

• Yes, but we should be careful.

Their are adults and kids who suffer each year from lack of items, clothing and food. But I heard that their are some who pretend to be homeless, just to get money. I don't trust one of the men I gave coins to, but if I only think about the impostors, I'd give up helping the homeless and sin.

• Worth it..Yea ok?

As humans with money and clothes and devices to be typing our arguments on we don't see how lucky we are. Yes there are questions are they going to use money for drugs, or are they actually homeless. I don't think that anyone wants to be on the side of the road sleeping in a box, waiting for their death I mean would you just a dollar can help them it can change there world we are so selfish that we cant share a dollar? Really? Yea

• What if it was you???

Most people are only a couple of pay checks away from being homeless. Unless they have a family willing to bail them out when times become tough then they will struggle . Some people don't have this priceless support network. I fortunately have, yet not required it more than once in 10 years. I remember thinking how lucky I was when my job ended, I could have potentionally been in a lot of trouble. A couple of unforseen events life could throw at you along with financial problems and its not hard to imagine the outcome. We very much bury our heads in the ground away from this potential circumstance but its there waiting.....

I often find the people who say NO to giving often have a good financial buffer and are out of touch with what its like to only have enough money to survive that week or month. Think about it, we aren't talking thousands just spare change that can give that individual an immediate option.

• We should give money

Yes because they have no money and are surviving in a world with out any help so giving money will show that you care about this situation and it makes there day brighter. There that is my reason it really helps when they know that they have someone helping them.

• We should give money

• Homeless people may not be the way you think

Sure, some people may say they are just going to do drugs etc, but honestly what if they were abandoned or they grew up like that? Or what if they made a mistake and won't do it again? You know they could die because of starvation or lack of clothing. I saw a poor elderly woman on the street earlier today. She was begging and her husband was in a wheelchair. I felt so so bad and it was so sad. She just asked this one guy and he was so rude. I saw her later rushed to the ambulance for some reason. Idk what happened. But it was so sad i felt so bad for her.

• Don't do it

I currently have a family member who is homeless and she pan handles quite a bit and says she can make up to $60 in an hour or two and you know what she does? Straight to the drug house to get her fix and I think its sad that people are giving her their hard earned money just so she can get high. She is young and able if she wants to do drugs that's her problem but she needs to get a job and support the habit herself. Now sometimes she has mentioned that people given her shoes, food, clothes, hygiene products, or gift cards and that I think is generous and people should help people in that way but basically buying their drugs their for them is no help.

• No we should not give them money.

I believe so because not all homeless people u see on the streets are actually homeless. "don't judge a book by it's cover" in this situation we might take some people to be homeless when actually they are just pretending like most of us in life. Some of them just dress like one just to get some money because they are lazy or can't be asked to go to work. It's never cool to work hard for your money and then to give it to someone who is able to also work like u.

• Give them what they need

A pair of shoes, a meal, a haircut, who knows. If you really want to help, ask what they need help with and help them with that. Maybe they need to look presentable so they can try to get a job. Maybe they need food. Maybe they need a raincoat. Giving a dollar or some change isn't helping their situation, it's the equivalent of 'liking' some social cause on facebook. You're not really helping anyone, you're just making yourself feel better by going "oh look how altruistic I am"

• A crisis of compassion

No, we should not. But not because we judge homeless people to be subhuman or lazy or bad people. While it is true that many may spend the money on drugs or alcohol, that isn't a reason either.
    We need to give money instead to professionals and services who can actually turn a panhandler's life around, who can address mental illness, provide food, housing, and job training, and build relationships. Giving a homeless person 20 thousand dollars in a year or 40 thousand dollars a year won't get them off the street. You need a method of service and giving that will follow them and use those funds to turn their lives around.

• We should give money.

We shouldn't judge anyone. We should just donate with pure intensions and feel good on the inside. After that it is up to them what they do with the money. We should just be grateful about the fact that we have a roof over our heads and get something to eat and drink on a daily.

• Is our money keeping them there

The thin you need to ask is when you give them the money they need ,in most cases , want more money. For example you will go and do a favour someone and the they give you very generous t, you will keep on doing that favour until you finally have made enough money. That is what giving them money is doing to them. I am not saying you should completely ignore them I think they just need to talk

• Drug money idiots

They did surveys that say 6 out of 10 homeless self admit they do drugs. That's self admitted. What about the ones who lie and say they don't do drugs when they do. So it's probably more like 7 or 8 or maybe even as high as 9 out if 10 do drugs. That being said there is a very good chance that some money you give them will be spent on dope. Why would anyone want to waste their hard earned money on someone else's dope habit that in return just fuels a black market and helps encourage someone's drug addiction and we all know what tweakers are know for.... Stealing. So you giving some homeless person money very well could possibly be the reason why your neighbors bike gets stolen or your car gets broken into. Because you gave a tweaker meth money and they got high and decided to do dumb shit like steal to keep them from coming down. And you thought they were going to buy some McDonald's. When they are not hungry because they are high on dope... Nice one

• Drug money idiots

• Drug money idiots

• Its just dumb

Its becasue im awesome j r r r r r r r r r rr r r r r r r r r r r r r rr r r r r r r r r rr r r rr r r r r r r r r rr r