• Going to Mars is Necessary for Human Survival.

Face it, we're all screwed as a species on Earth if we continue to change our climate like we're doing now. The facts are there, and Earth is getting much hotter, much quicker. The only way we can save humans is to move, and the only place we can move to is Mars. Elon Musk made a great claim by saying that we shouldn't put all our eggs into one basket. Instead, we need to have a "backup" in case something bad happens, kind of like drives on a file. If that drive crashes, that file is gone forever. If you save the file somewhere else, then it isn't gone.

And warming isn't the only thing that could end humanity, there's also millions of asteroids that could hit us at any time, as well as the impending doom of Nuclear Weapons.

These could all end us, so if we move to Mars, then there's a chance we won't end up dying.

• The Survival of Humanity

For humanity to continue to survive we must leave our home. As climate change increases and tensions also increase between nations. The only way to ensure our survival is to leave. It is important that we always have a backup plan. It may be a sad day for most of us. Not me though.

• The Survival of Humanity

• It would be fun

Ghrgnrhntrthnrhhhhnhnhnhhthn hang gang hhhhhhn go bhhhh hnhhhnhnhhhhbhn hhhhhhn h hog g g g g g g hog g big f d e. G t f d g g f g g g g g h j k u h f a d f t b v f g g g

• We need more than one basket.

While the probability of total planetary annihilation may be small, and we may be able to spot one coming a good while out, we should still be as prepared as we can be for any eventuality so important. The more familiar we become with extraterrestrial travel and colonization, the more options and experience we will have to draw upon if and when we need them.

• We need more than one basket.

• Repair the environment first!

The Earth's environment has been more than enough, and most of those rich corporations don't give a hoot about it, and would much rather mega profit on that! And to even send people to Mars and to attempt forming life over there before fixing the environment is an absolute no no!

• That is impossible

It is impossible to go to Mars in decades. If we want to go to mars, I'm sure we need to wait a millions of years, and if we go to Mars, we need a lot of money to make Mars to be livable. I don't want that if we need such amount of money.

• To visit, ok.

But I'm presuming you mean with a view to colonising. Assuming the aim is to ensure survival of the species after destroying our own planet, my answer is no. If we screw up Earth for ourselves and all other species, what gives us the right to travel to other worlds and destroy them too? Leave well alone, and take responsibility for our own actions.

• Moon first, Mars second

I my self am not against going to Mars, however I feel we should be placing stations, bases and colonies on the moon first for several reasons.
    1. The moon Is closer and has plenty of space to spare for colonization.
    2. There is less gravity on the moon then there is on earth. Therefore should we fire a space ship or rocket from there to Mars there would be less friction and drag to slow them down.
    3. Should we colonies the moon first we humans would attain the necessary skills and experience to do the same on Mars.