• Why.... Why would anyone do that?

This argument is so idiotic. Even though school is basically preparing us for death through the transitive property (Birth prepares us for preschool, preschool prepares us for elementary, elementary school prepares us for middle school, middle school prepares us for high school, high school prepares us for college, college prepares us for a job, the job prepares us for retirement, then retirement prepares us for death.) school is still important. Americans are already stupid. Why would we want to remove school and have americans be even more idiotic.

• The world needs education

It is said in this argument that school teaching "blind obedience". This is wrong. In schools, argumentative essays are usually a part of learning in a writing class. This teaches that one can spread their opinion with only a pencil and a paper, no matter how powerful they are. If a student were to learn they could spread their own ideas, a dictatorship, absolute monarchy, or communist Stalinist government would refuse to support education that encourages reading or writing (especially the writings of those who oppose or scrutinize government).

User tylerxn states that " We are being taught to follow directions, and be just another employee ". Following directions is a must in society, or we would have an anarchy which would result in crime and gangs and such. He also states that, "while if we were to all learn from our own independence and experience, we learn how to be an entrepreneur. " This statement has no base, for that independence from education cannot make one an entrepreneur. There is nobody to teach them math. There are no schools to tell them that jobs are beneficial to oneself and society (this is taught in history and in general assemblies). Tyler also states that children should be taught by experience, not by a textbook. First of all, they are children. They cannot learn from experience about business and wealth. Tylerxn also states that " ey teach you for tests, not for life. When you become an adult, you quickly realize that nobody taught you how to pay taxes. Nobody taught you how to go about buying your first car, or buying your first house all to yourself. ". I refute by saying that the payment of taxes and the buying of cars is taught through math in school. In school, we learn math so we could calculate our taxes and calculate prices. I do agree schools should have a finance class, but education as it is still forms a good base to stand on. Tyler also states that " while if we were to all learn from our own independence and experience ... We learn to be independent and we understand the real world a whole-lot more. " I say that this is not true. Children are learning in history about the conflicts between the Sunni and the Shia Muslims in history class, which date to the time Muhammad died. This gives an understanding of why the Muslims have conflicts with one another. History is essential to the understanding of the real world, since students became more learned in why we are having conflicts between different peoples.

• Education is essential for a free society

• This argument is so toxic.

School is vital to human freedom. If we don't have education we will never learn to think for ourselves. If we don't have education we will never have the opportunity to make a living out of our talents. Sure the education system could use some fixing. But to just end school would end the planet. If you aren't over 16 years old, don't comment on this post. People say the school encourages people to think like machines, but it is the exact opposite. Without education we would just believe everything we read or see, and anyone could control us however they wanted to.

• Yes so we can get smart

I dont want them to be like me because then they are going to copy me and try to be cool and awesome like me but its ok because i have a mommy at home who cares alot about me and she tells me dont let hate get to you

• Yes we should

Yes, we should because eve though some of us hates school we need to go so that we won't be like mindless zombies. School helps us be smart and get a good job. Also, if we never went to school no one would have made cool inventions like the phones we use today.

• I'm only commenting b/c the related image made me laugh. -

School is good, but in most countries, what they teach and how they teach needs to change.

D sfh d df sjdfs jf sdhf h fsh fhdfsh fh dfh fh fh fh fh fhf f fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fh fdsf sdf ;

• Yes, though i must say....

I can see why people are opposed to this, the whole idea of a child learning to use his brain and think for himself instead of simply following religious dogma, superstitions, biased unfounded opinions, and the sort is indeed really really dangerous to those who try to sell religious dogma, superstitions, and biased unfounded opinions. People who learn how to think may just end up thinking differently then you do and THAT is unacceptable!

• Yes yes yes

Going to school allows a child to have a good education. Yes, we all may hate it, coming from an 8th grader, but we learn from it. Having a good education allows us to get far in life so we can do good and help a lot of people. Yes, we should have to go to school.

• No more school

I say no to school because they make us sit for more than 30 minutes at a time. If you sit for more than 30 minutes at a time you have more of a chance of dieing earlier when your a kid. Sure you need to learn but the more that you learn at school the more you more time you waste in your life. I mean think about it you could be exercising. That's why I say school is bad.

• Schools make Machines..

Well, Schools play an important role in our lives, it trains us to face the real world, but the greatest drawback is that it treats children as machines, they have to maintain a certain discipline and punctuality. They ignore the child's talent and judges them on the basis of grades. But the solution is that, the system has to be reconstructed, so that the schools can work for the overall development of a child.

• School is molding our youths brains into one of the same

Schools gay lol

it says i need more words so im typing this because I dont really have anything else to say about school except its a waste of time and its gay and we dont need it cause we are never going to use this stuff in real life

• School sucks for sure

School teaches blind obedience to authority and government. School treats you like rats responding to bells and whistles.

Homeschool. Use the internet to help supplement the teaching. Don't shuffle kids in and out of buildings like rats in huge groups.

Homeschooling would save lots of gas and be a lot more safe!

• School ruins us.

Any person that has been out of school for a while can tell you, they don't remember just about anything they were taught. School is like a factory. They sit you down in nice, neat rows. Tell you to sit quietly, raise your hand, and follow directions. They teach you for tests, not for life. When you become an adult, you quickly realize that nobody taught you how to pay taxes. Nobody taught you how to go about buying your first car, or buying your first house all to yourself. Children should be taught from experience, not from a text book. "Having a good education allows us to get far in life so we can do good and help a lot of people" - crannydebate, voted yes on this topic. I disagree with this mainly because of things i already pointed out, but as I am also in 8th grade, I can confirm that everything being taught in today's education system is close to pointless. We are being taught to follow directions, and be just another employee, while if we were to all learn from our own independence and experience, we learn how to be an entrepreneur. We learn to be independent and we understand the real world a whole-lot more.

• No, of course not

If we don't have school, no one will have any idea how to do anything, and then humanity will collapse, even better, we'll destroy the entire planet. I don't even know anymore this website is so stupid I'm literally going to eat my entire computer now. And I'm biased as heck.

tylerxn says2018-03-09T04:25:01.263
Just recommend you change the picture to make this seem a bit more serious, as it is a serious topic
art673890 says2018-07-29T22:00:18.317
98% of what we learn is a waste true fact