Should we have balloon releases for celebratory events or to raise money for charity?

• Yes, We should have balloon releases for celebratory events or for charity.

In my opinion balloon releases for celebratory events or for charity are acceptable trade offs for the environmental damage that they may cause.Throughout our history mankind has released balloons and candles and blown off fireworks to celebrate events. I have even participated in weather and post card science experiments with little or no major damage to the planet or my psyche.

• No. Balloon releases are outdated.

No. Balloon releases are an over-played and outdated method of celebration. Releasing balloons isn't good for the environment, and is simply a waste with regard to the cost to release them into the environment. I'm confident we could come up with a better alternative to releasing balloons to celebrate even the largest of events.