• On one condition

This elective must be earned. Think of it as a pre-requisite. Then, I can see how this would benefit our students A LOT. Students need motivation, they also need creativity, companionship, fun, relaxation once in awhile AND ESPECIALLY IN SCHOOL WHY NOT? By having this elective earned, this can become a motivation "I NEED TO PASS THIS COURSE (with at least a B or higher) TO GET INTO THIS ELECTIVE." Sure we have clubs but students are not allowed to go to clubs and not every student has the resources necessary to stay after school for clubs. Incorporating some downtime IN school IN between all the work and demands, and having something to look forward to are all in good favor.

• Gaming Class yay!!! ;)

A gaming class would be fun and good for kids, it would also make kids excited about school! It will teach kids how to program. TRUST ME!!!! Kids will love the idea, I know i would!!! JUST DO IIIITTTT! And if you don't...I will! My friend Alex will probably sue you if you don't make a gaming class.

• Gaming Class yay!!! ;)

• Yes we should!

If we have gaming class! It would be interesting for kids to learn how to programmed codes and creating characters and storyline! We can programmed codes and solve tasks! We can learn how to animated it too! It would so interesting to have it in every school! Kids would be more interesting getting in this class!

• Obviously, a matter of constructing games- not merely playing them.

I would have most certainly taken this class- and in a society in short supply of people who know how to code, a class like this would be incredibly useful for the world. And I know I'd be a lot happier to be taking home a personally made videogame at the end of the year than taking home some art project, or merely good grades.

• It could be educational!

Games don't have to be violent or crazy. People could make them educational and kids might actually want to go to school and they could learn a lot more about coding and coding could help later on in their lives. Honestly some people might not like the idea, but I really do!

• This is a bad idea

No, we most certainly should not. To start off, how many kids are going to grow up into the computer business? We don't need to force other students to go with a small group. Secondly, programing should be an option, but not gaming! I did robotics for a time and THAT takes some programing like you wouldn't believe while at the same time not causing the brains to mush!

• Most people will disagree because they are Amateur HOWEVER....

Instead of playing, we can take the time to discuss how games are designed and what net code or computer science materials they use to "make" the game.I think at my school we have a video game design after Computer Science 1 and it's talking about the games and how from the perspective of the programmer's mind they are.