• I think I must have guns!

As an American the right to keep and bear arms to described as a right I am born with and that the government may not infringe upon. The Heller case made it clear that the right is an individual one like speech or religion. Without this right all my other rights are an illusion. The government can violate any of my rights at any time unless I can do something about it. I know this sounds extreme but the point in the Second Amendment is to protect you from the police.

• The only way to end gun violence it to completely eradicate them and anyone who knows how to make one

Say we make guns illegal. A criminal, being someone who breaks laws, is going to break said law, get a gun, and kill everyone. Now say we give everyone a gun. One other man (the criminal) starts shooting and boom. Five others are already aiming at the bastard.

Now say there is a kid who wants to kill the others in his school, so, he looks for a gun, but, guns are illegal. Does he give up? No, he does everything he can to get one, or, he uses a pencil to stab everyone.

Guns are not meant to kill innocent people, guns are meant to protect them, and guns are used to protect them.

• Only thing that will stop a bag guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

Why do people keep thinking that getting rid of guns would solve all of our gun problems?? The only difference it's going to make is that there will be no good guy/girl with a gun to protect him/her or people around them. You can't just sit there and wait for the police to show up to protect you. Do you really think criminals will follow the law and stop using guns?? If someone breaks into my house, and they're threatening my family, and I happen to have a gun near me, I'm going to use it. Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

• For protection against anything

Guns are tools, it is not the gun's fault that someone wrongly uses it, it is the person's. Guns are good because they can be used for hunting, and the places that have anti-gun laws don't affect criminals, they're going to murder someone so does it matter the them if they get life + 10 years?

• We should have guns

Guns are important to humans which they are needed for many uses. To protect yourself, protect others, ad hunting. Yes lots of kids die a year from guns but that cause they have to their parent or family members guns so they shoot bullies or kids they don't like. Also guns don't kill people kill people. If you set a gun on the ground is it to load itself and then shoot off no its not. That what people have to do in order to shoot. And with out guns criminals could still harm other people with other weapons including knives cars and so much more. Why get hurt when you can stay protected.

• We should have guns

• We should have guns

• Self defense reasons

We need guns to stop ruthless criminals from tearing up the country. We need guns so we can merk the fuck out of rapist, and murderers. The second amendment has been in place for over 200 years so why change it now. Do we need to change or do guns need to change? We do.

• We should have guns

MOST of the people saying NO! Are saying no for wrong thing, apparently there are comments saying, "Guns are Evil!" "There no good, many children die from these tools of destruction!" But the Guns don't go to a school and start shooting on there own, they don't have a motive to kill, for crying out loud they don't even have a motive to drive them. But it is the person who has that motive to destroy and kill, the motive, (in my opinion), starts from the HOME! It's the first place to start building that wrath and anger to the world. And I myself encourage the people who have been treated like dirt, who have been treated with disgust, and the ones who have been treated unjustly to have a soft answer and quiet spirit. And to those who have already started the wrong response I say to them, "Be soft have a quiet heart a love that can drive the evil motive away, care about the life you live for it was given to you for a reason. Live your life with purpose, to serve and love one another, so all may have peace."

• We should have guns

• If we didn't have guns, the problems that we use guns for, wouldn't exist any more.

Let's begin by giving some scenarios in which guns are used-

In war, shooting somebody who is shooting at you.
    Protecting somebody against someone who has a gun.
    Protecting yourself against an armed robber.

If we didn't have guns, then no one would be able to shoot at you, or at the person whom you are protecting, and they wouldn't have a gun with them while robbing your house. People say that we need guns to keep ourselves safe, but we don't. If the person who you are protecting yourself from doesn't have a gun, then you wouldn't have to protect yourself.

• Quite simply no

Unfortunately, the fact is that human beings are violent and even if we abolish the production and use of guns, people will find other weapons to use against one another. However, it's a step in the right direction. Guns serve absolutely no purpose- why have something that can only be used to harm or kill? I know Americans argue that they have the 'right to bear arms', but you only have to look at the difference in gun crime between American and Britain to see that shock-horror: it's perfectly possible to live without guns. In fact it's actually a lot safer. In my eyes, guns are no different to swords: people no longer own swords because in today's society we simply don't need them. Guns are no different- we've evolved past them.

• Of course not.

As Europe as proved, there is no need for weapons in civilised society. They lead to crime, and a biased opinion that they are then needed to 'survive'.
    The "right to bear arms" Is outdated, and nowadays obsolete. The only reason it hasn't been abolished, is because the politician trying to enforce it would never get the vote, simple as.
    Civilised societies don't need guns, and prosper without them with reduced crime and a feeling of safety, As it is in western Europe.
    To be protected from the police? Then you really do have issues, and that is not solved by brandishing guns at them.
    In Britain, Policemen and women, do not carry guns, and the public feel safer and more connected to a 'traditional policemen' as a result.

• The question shouldn't be, "Should we have guns?" The question should be, "What kinds of guns should we have?"

"Should we have guns" poses a false argument, as if the only choice is between having any kind of gun, versus having no guns at all. Faced with that narrow choice, I'm not surprised that most people thing we should have guns. It would must more interesting, and more nuanced, to assume most people want guns, but what restrictions, if any, would you put on gun ownership?

• No one is trustworthy

Anyone who has one could shoot anyone at any moment, just like at the school shooting no one sees it coming and this kid that people trusted him, and then he shoots all his classmates. Truly i know all about self defence but... People just need to be kind, and trustworthy

• We should not allow people to have guns in all nations because everyone worrys that their gonna get killed.

People say,"I'm scared theres to many killers i don't wanna die at all I just want to live in peace and have friends play games and football and etc."This statement concludes proves why we should not have anymore guns or anything that can hurt people in the world anymore to live in peace.

• Kids die. A lot.

My friend was recently shot and died. He was 14 and the boy who shot him was 17 and had a unlicensed gun. If the gun laws were stricter then maybe gangs wouldn't be as bad and maybe Xavier still would've been here..

- sophia.

R.I.P. Xavier Cole Young
    keep on dancing baby..

• Guns are violent but at the same time useful.

Guns are not good or bad they are both and either way we should get on with our lives and that is just something that could or could not protect you because the question is not if we should have them... The question is how should we use guns .

• Guns are simply evil

Guns are what people use to kill each other.They were used to conquer countries and scare inoccent civilians that have done nothing at all to deserve being shot. Guns are simply an excuse to kill because we still have an instinct to kill because of Yor past with they,but we can still contain it unless they are basically shoved in our faces. We can control our will but when we get drunk or take drugs then we just grab the and start killing people wich is wrong therfore they shoudn't exist.