• My state already does

The state of Arkansas has Speech (Oral Communications) added to the state curriculum and most schools in that state have it. I'm pretty sure Arkansas is not the only state that has speech class. You're question is pretty obsolete. We already have speech classes in a lot of schools already

• It honestly depends on the person and what type of speech class you’re talking about.

There is no cure for certain disorders that result in some hindering socially. The best we can do is try to teach them ways to improve in an additional speech class. Such as teaching how to make better eye contact and properly strike up a conversation.

However, if you are talking about PUBLIC speech class, that depends on the career a person wants. If they want to spearhead a business or get into politics, then it’s completely expected for them to have public speaking skills and as such should learn them in school.

However, I think public speaking classes should be optional. A mechanic or an artist shouldn’t have this sort of thing as top priority.

In conclusion, I think that it all falls down to what kind of speech class, and what type of career they see themselves in.

• We should not have speech class in school.

We should not have speech class in school because a lot of people have stage fright. They also might just not want to present in front of 20 to 30 students per class. Yes it is important to know how to speak publicly but you can teach yourself without having a class for it.