• We should have the death penalty in Canada.

We should have the death penalty in Canada. I think that the amount of crime in Canada would increase and the murder rate would increase. If people can do something and think that they can get away with it then they are most likely going to try to do just that.

• Canada should have the death penalty.

Although Canada considered itself a peaceful country, if they came under a terrorist attack or had a major crime committed in their country, they would demand the death penalty for those involved. The death penalty is natural for those people who commit the worst crimes against humanity and it can sometimes be necessary.

• Yes, Canada should have the Death Penalty.

Death Penalty is the ultimate and final punishment for all capital crimes. This also should act as the last and final deterrent to prevent the very crimes for which the death penalty is needed. This has proven to work in many other industrialized nations over the course of the last 200 years.

• Yes, the death penalty can serve a purpose in Canada.

While I am not generally in favor of the death penalty anywhere, especially in first world countries such as Canada, I do think there is a place for it. Some people are just sociopaths who can not be rehabilitated by jail time or re-education. Their crimes are heinous and they themselves are not happy being alive. It saves unhappiness and money all around to put them out of their misery.

• Yes we should have the death penalty

I can't believe how many apologists and "humanitarians" there are blabbing there liberal bleeding heart bullshit. First and foremost, Canada's judicial system is a fucking joke. There isn't even an actual life sentence. It's 25 years with parole at 15. The argument that Canada doesn't have murders is just full blown ignorant and moronic. Ever heard of the highway of tears? Robert Pikton? How about the most recent, Edward Downey?? Look at these cases of serial killers and brutal murders by unsympathetic psychopaths and tell me how our tax dollars are better served feeding them while offering food and shelter? You are pathetic. The arguement of "what if they are innocent" is almost not even worth wasting time on. That's a big what if. Good way to dictate our judicial system: hypotheticals. We need the death penalty. All countries need the death penalty. It truly is justice, an eye for eye. You murder and rape a child, woman, man, you don't deserve life as its clear you don't care for it. I can't believe I live in a country with so many politically correct, tolerance polluted, spineless shits.

• Either death or free labour til they die.

Either way someone who can kill a human either first or second degree should not ever set foot in freedom again. I'd say make use of their sorry behinds and chain em in rows like the old days. But instead of digging ditches they would be picking up trash, cutting grass along highways (with a push mower), or repairing roads and sidewalks under very close supervision with more than 2 gaurds per person. If they attempt even 1 escape they are shot dead or caught and hung.

• The Unfortunate truth about the law in Canada.

Before I type much further realize this IS AN OPINION and I'm neither claiming that it's correct or incorrect. The Unfortunate truth about the laws in Canada are simple, Be a criminal and be rewarded, be a law abiding citizen and get shit on. TRUE law is EMOTIONLESS, UNBIASED AND MOST IMPORTANTLY LOGICAL! Now ask yourself this, Is it logical to allow someone who WILL NEVER CHANGE(consider a 3 strike rule just as a example) to continue to go out and murder children for example. BEFORE you answer that put your self into this mind set, the offender has just been released from prison after 25 years for killing 4 kids, all is fine for a month or 2 or w.E and then he goes to your families home only to continue his killing spree, NOW the question, should we A) put him in prison again(he's 40 and could get out again) B) or KILL him and be done with it. Lets examine the logical outcomes to both these scenarios. Now for A) I see only two POSSIBLE outcomes the offender will either get out and do it again or will get out and be a different person(EXTREMELY UNLIKELY). Now for B) If he was executed in the first place he would have never gotten out of prison in the first place, which means he would have never been able to go to your families house to murder them. I DON'T WANT YOU TO TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY JUST TO MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT I"AM TYPING! ---> The example I have is if the maximum FOR ANY CRIME is 25 years in prison then I can literally do anything I want with little repercussions, don't like my neighbors meh just kill their whole family, in 25 years when I get out they will still be dead but my house will still be there. The death penalty is not something you WANT but something you NEED! EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKES INCLUDING ME BUT THERE HAS TO BE A LINE WHERE YOU HAVE SIMPLY GONE TO FAR AND ONCE YOU HAVE THERE IS NO TURNING BACK! I LOVE THIS QUOTE from assassins creed simply because it fits with the modern world and is unfortunately TRUE ABOUT THE WORLD WE LIVE IN! "Some do ill out of ignorance or fear. These men can be saved. Others suffer from corrupted wills, their minds poisoned and twisted. It is truly sad but these men must be destroyed."

• Yes yes yes

Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should

• Yes yes yes

Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should

• Yes yes yes

Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should
    Because
    They should

• Death penalties shouldn't exist.

Capital punishment shouldn't exist because what is the point of it being here if crimes like as murder are such a rare occurrence here. Even if we did have a murder here, we could deal with it a different way. An example would be the case about the schizophrenic Asian-Canadian who beheaded the person on the greyhound bus. He could've been directly been sent to a prison and faced a death sentence without any background knowledge of him what so ever. What they actually did was the supreme court closed the case because of his disability and sent him to Selkirk Mental Health center. Sure they could've dealt with that problem different like sending him in a high security prison, hire a highly skilled therapist to analyze his behaviour, and release him after deemed safe for society.

• We should not have a death penalty.

Even if we do have a death penalty it really doesn't have an effect on our crime rate or murder rate. In fact, statistics show that murders increase with the death penalty being enabled. The very concept of capital punishment sounds barbaric. What I don't agree in is the fact that the Canadian Government aren't analyzing criminal cases as much as they used to. A good example would be the Vince Li case about him beheading Tim McLean, 22, a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus near Portage La Prairie, Man, in July 2008. This guy was found not criminally responsible for killing someone and the only reason to prove that was because he had schizophrenia. This person is supposed to be going to a medium security to be rehabilitated.

• There's a reason we don't have it now

What is the government going to do if you put a man to death and year after his execution you find evidence that proves his innocence you have just killed a man for a crime he didn't commit. I know that doesn't happen often but with the death penalty those kinds of things can happen.

• I don't think so

Canada doesn't need the death penalty. It is a dangerous slope to say that the state has a say in whether people die or not. Canada should not adopt the death penalty because there are better ways to reform behavior and to punish serious offenders. They should find different ways.

• No, we shouldn't.

I believe that the death penalty is barbaric and reduces the government to the level of a murderer. My main reason for opposing a death penalty however is just that it is far too easy for the wrong person to be executed for a crime they didn't commit. There is plenty of evidence of it happening many times in the States.

• I Do Not Live In Canada

The death penalty is overrated. Sure, It makes people feel like justice was served to the criminals that do horrific crimes to innocent people. What about all the people who get executed falsely? Plus, many people think the death penalty is the easy way out. It is a lot harder to live with your sin than be put to death so you never have to think about your sin again. Then you have the costs of keeping the death penalty alive.

• No to the death penalty

The death penalty should not be reinstated in Canada, as it has no valuable purpose whatsoever. I do not understand any of the arguments in favor of it, whether based on misinformation in regards to deterrence of crime, or moral and ethical arguments which seem like they come from some twisted sociopath.

• Canada should not have the death penalty

There is no doubt that the supporters of the death penalty have more in common with the murders than its opponents. The restoration of the death penalty in Canada is a big debate, since most people in death row are tormented by there past. Sure it raptures some of the people in death row, but a good percentage of them are innocent, there are a lot of lower class citizens in death row, and every death has an effect on the guard or executioner.