• We should have the death penalty in Canada.

We should have the death penalty in Canada. I think that the amount of crime in Canada would increase and the murder rate would increase. If people can do something and think that they can get away with it then they are most likely going to try to do just that.

• Canada should have the death penalty.

Although Canada considered itself a peaceful country, if they came under a terrorist attack or had a major crime committed in their country, they would demand the death penalty for those involved. The death penalty is natural for those people who commit the worst crimes against humanity and it can sometimes be necessary.

• Yes, Canada should have the Death Penalty.

Death Penalty is the ultimate and final punishment for all capital crimes. This also should act as the last and final deterrent to prevent the very crimes for which the death penalty is needed. This has proven to work in many other industrialized nations over the course of the last 200 years.

• Yes, the death penalty can serve a purpose in Canada.

While I am not generally in favor of the death penalty anywhere, especially in first world countries such as Canada, I do think there is a place for it. Some people are just sociopaths who can not be rehabilitated by jail time or re-education. Their crimes are heinous and they themselves are not happy being alive. It saves unhappiness and money all around to put them out of their misery.

• Heck fkn ya

Cost of death vs. Living in prison is high
    Mortality
    Closure for families
    You get what you give
    People who after they get out of jail do it again
    Justice feels real.

Classic goes around comes around and so if you kill someone you shall be killed.

So you`re saying that i could go out and kill like nine people and i could still live in jail with free health care and get my meals provided for me and i could still be alive. That is just so unfair and does not provide closure for their family and loved ones.

The death penalty is the ultimate and final punishment for all capital crimes.
    Some people are just sociopaths who can not be rehabilitated by jail time or re-education.
    In relation to justice, the family members of those who have been murdered may not feel justice until the murderer pays the price of death

• Yes Yes Yes 8=======D

Bagels. Feed me Bagels. People who eat bagels should be sentenced to death because only I can eat bagels. I love Bagels. If you are reading this and if you eat bagels you are going to be on the death row because only I can eat bagels. Bagels. Bagels! Bagels. Just kidding bagels should be on the death row.

• Yes I agree.

Yes i agree we need to have death penalty because if someone commits a crime, they should get punished for it. People who got raped or stabbed would not like to know that the guy is roaming around earth going to kill someones else. In Canada, we need death penalty.

• Yes I agree.

• Yes I agree.

• Yes death penalty

There are definitely such much drug use and murders in Canada what's the point of sentencing them to a maximum of 25 years in prison.Plus prisoners in Canada never learn there mistakes.And plus there are so much youngsters who are going to screw there life over by murder.Whats the point of sentencing them 25 years in prison,and there will be so much prisoners.

• Death penalties shouldn't exist.

Capital punishment shouldn't exist because what is the point of it being here if crimes like as murder are such a rare occurrence here. Even if we did have a murder here, we could deal with it a different way. An example would be the case about the schizophrenic Asian-Canadian who beheaded the person on the greyhound bus. He could've been directly been sent to a prison and faced a death sentence without any background knowledge of him what so ever. What they actually did was the supreme court closed the case because of his disability and sent him to Selkirk Mental Health center. Sure they could've dealt with that problem different like sending him in a high security prison, hire a highly skilled therapist to analyze his behaviour, and release him after deemed safe for society.

• We should not have a death penalty.

Even if we do have a death penalty it really doesn't have an effect on our crime rate or murder rate. In fact, statistics show that murders increase with the death penalty being enabled. The very concept of capital punishment sounds barbaric. What I don't agree in is the fact that the Canadian Government aren't analyzing criminal cases as much as they used to. A good example would be the Vince Li case about him beheading Tim McLean, 22, a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus near Portage La Prairie, Man, in July 2008. This guy was found not criminally responsible for killing someone and the only reason to prove that was because he had schizophrenia. This person is supposed to be going to a medium security to be rehabilitated.

• There's a reason we don't have it now

What is the government going to do if you put a man to death and year after his execution you find evidence that proves his innocence you have just killed a man for a crime he didn't commit. I know that doesn't happen often but with the death penalty those kinds of things can happen.

• I don't think so

Canada doesn't need the death penalty. It is a dangerous slope to say that the state has a say in whether people die or not. Canada should not adopt the death penalty because there are better ways to reform behavior and to punish serious offenders. They should find different ways.

• No, we shouldn't.

I believe that the death penalty is barbaric and reduces the government to the level of a murderer. My main reason for opposing a death penalty however is just that it is far too easy for the wrong person to be executed for a crime they didn't commit. There is plenty of evidence of it happening many times in the States.

• I Do Not Live In Canada

The death penalty is overrated. Sure, It makes people feel like justice was served to the criminals that do horrific crimes to innocent people. What about all the people who get executed falsely? Plus, many people think the death penalty is the easy way out. It is a lot harder to live with your sin than be put to death so you never have to think about your sin again. Then you have the costs of keeping the death penalty alive.

• No to the death penalty

The death penalty should not be reinstated in Canada, as it has no valuable purpose whatsoever. I do not understand any of the arguments in favor of it, whether based on misinformation in regards to deterrence of crime, or moral and ethical arguments which seem like they come from some twisted sociopath.

• Yes I agree.

• The death penalty is irreversible.

The death penalty is irreversible. Absolute judgments may lead to people paying for crimes they did not commit. Texas man Cameron Todd Willingham was executed in Texas in 2004 for allegedly setting a fire that killed his three daughters. Following his execution, further evidence revealed that Willingham did not set the fire that caused their deaths. But it came too late.

• Canada should not have the death penalty

There is no doubt that the supporters of the death penalty have more in common with the murders than its opponents. The restoration of the death penalty in Canada is a big debate, since most people in death row are tormented by there past. Sure it raptures some of the people in death row, but a good percentage of them are innocent, there are a lot of lower class citizens in death row, and every death has an effect on the guard or executioner.