• Tell me why the hell we shouldn't help them!!?

These people are human beings!!! I think its absolutely insane how money has changed so many people in a disgusting way...And all the people out there saying teach them a lesson!? Put yourself in thier position and then act in that moment. God diden't bring us to this planet so that we can live and earning and make money...God brought us here to this planet to be proper human beings and help the poor and vunrable and thats what i believe. Today, i helped a homeless person, his reaction made me feel so emotional...He said to me 1 minute hang on... And started playing the quitair. I gave him 5p...5p!! See what i mean guys?? 5p and you mean the world to someone, some of you selfish people out there wouldunt even give that. How would you feel if you was in thier position? Im asking you now.

• We should help the homeless

No homeless person deserves to be on the street. No one knows their story if they don't ask. Some could have been very wealthy and lost their job, teenagers could have suffered abuse, or some could have been shunned from their family, but the fact is no one truly knows not unless we take an interest in these people. They are people after all, just like any other person who has a home. Who knows maybe you will be homeless, then what will you think of those other people that don't help you? You were one of them, so what's the difference? Will it only matter to you if it happens to you? We'll let me tell you something that is wrong! I say that we should help our community. We need to help these hurt people. Because whether they or you like it or not they are hurting, maybe not physically or mentally, but they are hurting deep down inside. They want to fix their past and work towards the future, making it better. Well we can't help what happened in the past, the past is the past, but we can help their future.

• Thet are humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

People that disagree put your self in there place .There are homeless people trying to find jobs but they can"t find any .If they didn"t go to school is cause they has problem .You never know if god is trying to teach them i lesson. I wish people could think and put themselves or at least a family member i see how would you feel.

• Help the homeless

We are all humans and disserve a second chance in life. Also we don't always do the right thing the first time so why not help the people that weren't able to get up and move on in life. We should all donate to the homeless because we don't know the reason they lost what they had.

• Of course we should help homeless people

An estimated 100 million people worldwide were homeless in 2005. In western countries the large majority of homeless are men (75-80%), with single males particularly over represented. In America, LGBT people are over-represented among homeless youth, at 40%.

• Yes, but not just with handouts

Naturally we should help the homeless, however we should understand that today most are not just 'down on their luck', but often suffer from mental illness and addiction. Thus to truly help them is not just to give handouts, but to provide institutions where their illnesses and addictions can be monitored and treated.

• Help Poorest Citizens Become Viable Workers

Helping the homeless should be something undertaken by all Americans. Yet the help should be returned. Once the homeless have houses and food, they should become viable citizens of whatever society helped them. Homeless people, if they are young enough and able, should get jobs or have family take care of them eventually. Only our most helpless citizens should be taken care of by the government on a full-time basis.

• To an extent

They shouldn't be given unlimited chances, much like anybody else. If multiple helping hands to get them off their feet fail and they constantly fall into bad behavior, you need to cut ties and say you tried. That said, the homeless are not by definition bad or unworthy people. If they're willing to work for a chance at getting their life together then the resources should be available.

• Equal rights for everyone.

Yes, because everyone should have same rights as other, like they can use the same public bus as other. Also they can make there future better if government help them to build house there child can go school and help other homeless..It can everyone not judge by there look. A lot of people die because of abuse by rich people.

• The rich stole from them.

We are the 99% that has been robbed by 1% of the population. They have stolen our money and hoarded it, hurting the economy. Their only interest is in capital gain and doing whatever it take to get it. There are people in this world, in third world countries, like mexico, that have been deprived of money. Mexico has the world's 8th best economy, but the wealth imbalance is astranomical.

• Why help the people that didn't even try to get a job while others were working

When you help the homeless you encourage them to keep living like that which in way means by helping them you are hurting them. And the reason they are homeless is because they didn't try to get a job or work hard in life and that is why they are that way.

• Helping vs. Enabling

Helping is doing something for someone that they cannot do themselves. Enabling is doing something that they can and should do for themselves. Yes they all have stories, some of them true and some of them not. Many are good liars and choose to live the way they do because they want to. I opened my home to a family member who was homeless. This person hoarded and resold things given to them. This person refused to get any help including mental help and complained about everything. Once forced to find a job or leave, they did find a job, but decided to return to homelessness because they couldn't get along at their job and didn't want to work more than 20 hours a week and definitely not on Saturdays. This person didn't want to pay rent or utilities and forced me to evict them. They called the police on me and tried to say I was abusing them by wanting their stuff and even tried to sue me over an umbrella they left in my car.

• Why...Just...Why help them

Why should we help them, what have they ever done for us. All they do is give the country a bad reputation. It's not our fault that they became homeless so why should we drag ourselves it to their problems. If they are lazy enough to sit on the floor all day and not at least attempt to get a job then why should us hard working people who are struggling our selves help the people that cant be bothered to try and get off the streets.

• Consideration of our surroundings.

Ok its important on how you define helping the homeless. If you decide on giving them money you have to realize that the money could backfire. What I mean by this is that ,the homeless could end up buying drugs and alcohol with that money and harm civilians passing by. Also you never know where the money you give ends up, such as secret organizations that work for the harm of society. Also you don't have to own a house or look good to work. Many people work in the streets day and night collecting bottles to trade them in for money. Government also provides shelters and other organizations that also help the homeless but some turn it back because of how use to they are to their way of living. Just the other day I saw a guy not begging for money but selling water bottles between red lights. His clothes were ragged, hands shaking from the cold, very old ,but he was selling not begging. Honestly people should consider more on helping helpless people who strive for an effort to survive instead of those lying on streets.

• The reason why they became like that

The reason why they became like that might be their fault because maybe they didn't study hard or they didn't get a good job, therefore it can be their faults and maybe they might not learn a lesson if we just always help them.
    Therefore, people shouldn't just also help homeless people

• Why should we help if they make more than us?

I've been doing research on the homeless and it shows that there are con artists who pretend to be hobos and make over $100 a day. That's $20,000 of income per year without being taxed. If this is the case what are the actual homeless people spending their money on? Drugs, booze? Why should we help if we are struggling ourselves? Giving away free homes to just run a crack house?
    Why should we help their way of life? Doesn't make sense to me, all i see is the government cleaning up the streets to look better on them.

• "Put yourself in their shoes"

This argument is not only frustrating, but it's invalid. Think of the reasons behind the said person being homeless. Don't give me the "man is keeping him/her down" or the "he didn't have a good education or the opportunity." In reality, there are so many ways for people to get out of the woods and stop depending on others to do for them what they are completely capable of doing for themselves. There are quite enough consumers in this country and the producers are a dying breed. Read Atlas Shrugged. It puts the "wealth redistribution topic in perspective and shows what would happen if the left had their ways. Good luck.

• It is their fault

The reason why homeless people became homeless is because they didn't work hard enough and they didn't search for work while other people worked hard. Why do we help people who didn't try? Why should we help for them? Then, more people would not work and just get help from other people and live. If people live this way, the country will not develop. We should just leave the homeless people alone and not help them so they could work hard themselves to earn their livings.

• You aren't helping them

By giving them money you are encouraging them to continue living off society, depending on others, living in unsanitary and unsafe conditions that could lead to disease and possibly death, so in a sense by "helping" them you are hurting them, If you do not give them money they will have to depend on government and non government programs designed to help them more than you can. If they want help it should be the right kind of help not easy access to drugs, alcohol and fast food.

• Survival of the Fittest

The fact that they choose not to be a productive member of society isn't so much what bothers me, it's the fact that people that do are expected to support them. Also, if you are a taxpaying American you can already assume that a good portion of your income is already going towards a program that gives them government assistance. Like it or not(and I don't) you are already paying their way in this world, the fact that they would expect you to give them cash directly on top of that is insane. By doing that, your basically tipping them for doing such a good job(irony) at being a parasite. I used to care, but I have lived in a city for far too long and realize that since they don't take care of themselves, I shouldn't either, and neither should you.