• Tell me why the hell we shouldn't help them!!?

These people are human beings!!! I think its absolutely insane how money has changed so many people in a disgusting way...And all the people out there saying teach them a lesson!? Put yourself in thier position and then act in that moment. God diden't bring us to this planet so that we can live and earning and make money...God brought us here to this planet to be proper human beings and help the poor and vunrable and thats what i believe. Today, i helped a homeless person, his reaction made me feel so emotional...He said to me 1 minute hang on... And started playing the quitair. I gave him 5p...5p!! See what i mean guys?? 5p and you mean the world to someone, some of you selfish people out there wouldunt even give that. How would you feel if you was in thier position? Im asking you now.

• Help the homeless

Yes because themhomeless have nothing a we can give them a dollar and it would make a difference and they barely have any good so why would you just can't let them starve when you eat every day they might just eat once a month so bad be nice and help them

• We don't know their stories

People live in certain ways due to a lot of different factors. As some of the others who have commented on here have said, some reasons consist of abuse, being shunned from the family, and others are if someone gets really sick, but can't afford to pay their bills, what do you think happens to them? And I do know that a lot of those who are homeless are that way because of drug and alcohol addictions. But personally, I don't think we should just say "forget you, you're a screw up." People do bad things sometimes; that doesn't mean they can't be forgiven and redeemed. Sometimes, all people need is a person to care about what happens to them. And helping doesn't necessarily have to be handing out cash. It could mean buying someone groceries, or helping someone get cleaned up so they could try to look nice enough to find a job. (You know most places aren't going to hire someone if they look like they've just come off the streets.)

• Thet are humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

People that disagree put your self in there place .There are homeless people trying to find jobs but they can"t find any .If they didn"t go to school is cause they has problem .You never know if god is trying to teach them i lesson. I wish people could think and put themselves or at least a family member i see how would you feel.

• THEY ARE HUMANs!!!!

Are you serious!!!!?? They look for work but no one will employ them. They work just as hard as we do and probably harder. It is barely ever their fault. This is coming from a 12 year old and we would like to save the world from people like you who always think it is their own fault when it is ours and we are always fixing your mess. The economy is so bad regular people are becoming homeless. - ruby, 12

• Yes, we should help the homeless

I believe that we should help the homeless because no matter why they are on the street they shouldn't be. In order for us to make the world a better place we should help all those who are less fortunate. Not only is it to make the world a better place but it is the right thing to do. Also we don't know what will happen to us.We could be in the same position and we would want to be helped.

• We should help the homeless

No homeless person deserves to be on the street. No one knows their story if they don't ask. Some could have been very wealthy and lost their job, teenagers could have suffered abuse, or some could have been shunned from their family, but the fact is no one truly knows not unless we take an interest in these people. They are people after all, just like any other person who has a home. Who knows maybe you will be homeless, then what will you think of those other people that don't help you? You were one of them, so what's the difference? Will it only matter to you if it happens to you? We'll let me tell you something that is wrong! I say that we should help our community. We need to help these hurt people. Because whether they or you like it or not they are hurting, maybe not physically or mentally, but they are hurting deep down inside. They want to fix their past and work towards the future, making it better. Well we can't help what happened in the past, the past is the past, but we can help their future.

• They are also humans.

Just think about their life. How they spend their life. Sometimes they don't even get something to eat. They have to sleep on streets. They don't have a job. They don't have money . Think if you had to spend that life and no one was ready to help you.

• They are also humans.

They are humans like us. They also want to live a better life. Just think that if you were homeless. How would you feel if no one helps you. Just think how tough their life is. Sometimes they don't even get something to eat. They have to sleep on streets.

• Why Shouldn't We Help?

I think we should help the homeless, even though they may not have an education doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to live! Homeless people struggle just to stay alive! They need help just trying to have basic needs: to eat, drink and have shelter, not including the love all humans crave! Homeless people tend to shy away from the public eye because they know they will get judged and even beaten up. There was once a homeless man who was so glad just to receive a hug because he hadn't had any human contact in 4 years! There are even teens nowadays who don't take school seriously (don't think I'm a parent because I'm not, I'm a teen), because they don't understand something they've never went through, they haven't been out in the real world and experienced how hard it is to survive without an education. This also goes to say, none of us understand a homeless life, so some of us don't have sympathy, but we should because most of us haven't experienced a homeless life and have always had food, water, shelter...Love. I don't think that we should judge them when we don't even know what its like!

• The reason why they became like that

The reason why they became like that might be their fault because maybe they didn't study hard or they didn't get a good job, therefore it can be their faults and maybe they might not learn a lesson if we just always help them.
    Therefore, people shouldn't just also help homeless people

• Consideration of our surroundings.

Ok its important on how you define helping the homeless. If you decide on giving them money you have to realize that the money could backfire. What I mean by this is that ,the homeless could end up buying drugs and alcohol with that money and harm civilians passing by. Also you never know where the money you give ends up, such as secret organizations that work for the harm of society. Also you don't have to own a house or look good to work. Many people work in the streets day and night collecting bottles to trade them in for money. Government also provides shelters and other organizations that also help the homeless but some turn it back because of how use to they are to their way of living. Just the other day I saw a guy not begging for money but selling water bottles between red lights. His clothes were ragged, hands shaking from the cold, very old ,but he was selling not begging. Honestly people should consider more on helping helpless people who strive for an effort to survive instead of those lying on streets.

• Why should we help if they make more than us?

I've been doing research on the homeless and it shows that there are con artists who pretend to be hobos and make over $100 a day. That's $20,000 of income per year without being taxed. If this is the case what are the actual homeless people spending their money on? Drugs, booze? Why should we help if we are struggling ourselves? Giving away free homes to just run a crack house? http://myfox8.com/2013/11/14/homeless-tenn-couple-given-free-home-strips-it-for-money-to-buy-crack/
    Why should we help their way of life? Doesn't make sense to me, all i see is the government cleaning up the streets to look better on them.

• "Put yourself in their shoes"

This argument is not only frustrating, but it's invalid. Think of the reasons behind the said person being homeless. Don't give me the "man is keeping him/her down" or the "he didn't have a good education or the opportunity." In reality, there are so many ways for people to get out of the woods and stop depending on others to do for them what they are completely capable of doing for themselves. There are quite enough consumers in this country and the producers are a dying breed. Read Atlas Shrugged. It puts the "wealth redistribution topic in perspective and shows what would happen if the left had their ways. Good luck.

• Helping vs. Enabling

Helping is doing something for someone that they cannot do themselves. Enabling is doing something that they can and should do for themselves. Yes they all have stories, some of them true and some of them not. Many are good liars and choose to live the way they do because they want to. I opened my home to a family member who was homeless. This person hoarded and resold things given to them. This person refused to get any help including mental help and complained about everything. Once forced to find a job or leave, they did find a job, but decided to return to homelessness because they couldn't get along at their job and didn't want to work more than 20 hours a week and definitely not on Saturdays. This person didn't want to pay rent or utilities and forced me to evict them. They called the police on me and tried to say I was abusing them by wanting their stuff and even tried to sue me over an umbrella they left in my car.

• They had a chance.

They had a chance for education until college, and then some. There are programs for lower class families who cant pay for college. A job can also be obtained, not particularly somewhere nice, but money is money. Most of the time, the homeless are just asking for money for cigars, weed, alcohol, etc.. If you want to pay more tax money for someone who had a chance at a normal life then go ahead and agree, but in the end more lower class families will be considered homeless because of the increase in tax rates. Its a lose lose situation.

• You aren't helping them

By giving them money you are encouraging them to continue living off society, depending on others, living in unsanitary and unsafe conditions that could lead to disease and possibly death, so in a sense by "helping" them you are hurting them, If you do not give them money they will have to depend on government and non government programs designed to help them more than you can. If they want help it should be the right kind of help not easy access to drugs, alcohol and fast food.

• Survival of the Fittest

The fact that they choose not to be a productive member of society isn't so much what bothers me, it's the fact that people that do are expected to support them. Also, if you are a taxpaying American you can already assume that a good portion of your income is already going towards a program that gives them government assistance. Like it or not(and I don't) you are already paying their way in this world, the fact that they would expect you to give them cash directly on top of that is insane. By doing that, your basically tipping them for doing such a good job(irony) at being a parasite. I used to care, but I have lived in a city for far too long and realize that since they don't take care of themselves, I shouldn't either, and neither should you.

• It is their fault

The reason why homeless people became homeless is because they didn't work hard enough and they didn't search for work while other people worked hard. Why do we help people who didn't try? Why should we help for them? Then, more people would not work and just get help from other people and live. If people live this way, the country will not develop. We should just leave the homeless people alone and not help them so they could work hard themselves to earn their livings.