• We have to defend ourselves.

Many innocent people do not have guns. Also, many criminals use guns to harm others. How would we defend ourselves and our families? The only answer is guns. You don't want to be either harmed or killed, right? That surely should make you persuaded to come on the pro side.

• Tanki is cool

We have to defend ourselves. Many innocent people do not have guns. Also, many criminals use guns to harm others. How would we defend ourselves and our families? The only answer is guns. You don't want to be either harmed or killed, right? That surely should make you persuaded to come on the pro side.

• Gun control is hitting center mass...

Gun control only works against obedient citizens. With the inventing of 3d printed plastic guns, the ability to actually make a gun is almost a trivial task. Prior to this, home made guns took a little effort and parts from a store.

Furthermore, limiting gun to lawful citizens is horribly anti-women. The vast majority of women cannot hold up to an assault from a teen to young adult male. It would be open rape and battery season on women if they aren't armed.

Lastly, the restraining factor on government is an armed citizenry. While you may love a nanny state with invasive and intrusive laws to regulate, monitor and control every aspect of your life, I'm less inclined to allow the government in to my life and the threat of revolt keeps them at bay.

• We have to defend ourselves. -yes I stole your headline...It works better for my argument though

People who commit violent CRIMES aren't going to let gun laws stop them from obtaining guns, they're already CRIMINALS. If this were Sweden, we would have all been issued guns at the age of 18, and been required to learn to use them by enduring a year of military training. Sweden also has one of the lowest violent crime rates in the country. Let's face it, you wouldn't walk into a bank with a gun, and try to rob it if you knew that every other person in the bank had a gun! That's just stupid. Furthermore, I have a right to bear arms, it's in the constitution, it's what this country was built on, and it worked good then, so I think we should stick to it. As a parent, my child will receive their first little bb gun at about 5 or 6, and their first 22 caliber rifle at about 10. They will be taught to use it properly, clean it, and they will know that gun inside and out. They will also know that that gun is ONLY for self defense and hunting, and anything they kill, they'll eat (I don't believe in waste, and senseless killing.) Then when they're 16 they can have a 45 caliber handgun, just like the one I was given, that to this very day sits loaded and waiting for an intruder, or any other life threatening emergency. We have to defend ourselves after all.