• Judging is different from accepting.

Let me explain. Everyone judges each other, regardless of what they say. We all make judgments of others based on our own personal experiences, values, and opinions. Not to judge someone would mean holding no opinion of someone at all, and would make everyone seem like a gray, colorless shell.
    But just because someone can be judged doesn't mean they can't be accepted. You judge everyone, so who do you accept?

Posted by: MC1R
  • Use common sense

Too many people are afraid of stereotypes.

If you "judge" people you will be branded a racist, or a hypocrite, or condescending, what have you.

We make judgments on a day-to-day basis. If I am walking alone at night and a person with pants dangling around his ankles and tattoos from head to toe is walking towards me, I need to evaluate my safety and "judge" him for the sake of my own safety.

The Bible says do not judge, or you will be judged. If you believe the Bible - then you will believe this is true. The Bible also says to use discernment - which is a form of judging - but not doing so son appearance, but on character and behavior with good judgment.

• Yeah, we really should

Judging others is how we make them aware of their faults, and aware of our own. If we never judged anyone we would simply stop caring. Why do you do all the things you to keep yourself clean? Because if you are smelly people will judge you! People who are fat typically have a harder time finding a job, because a fat person looks like they have no self-control. The judgement of others keeps our society nice, and is essential.

• No we shouldnt

In psychology, perception is the way the brain thinks. The human brains are biased. When someone makes a mistake,we often blame the person. But when it comes to us who have made a mistake,we always blame somebody else or come up with an excuse. It is not easy to change the way we think unless we witness or experience it. Everyone is not perfect. We are biased in our own ways. We should not judge other people because we are not them. We do not know what they might have gone through in their lives that they do such a thing or being the way they are now. Because we can only understand ourselves. Albeit though we try to put ourselves in other people's shoes,but the feelings and perceptions wont never be the same. Therefore, we should not judge others.

• Because I don't want to be judged.

I hate when i can feel that burden of some of my peers judgments all around me and I hate feeling judged and God does not want us to judge each other because we are all brothers and sisters. A a a a a aa a a a a a

• Because I don't want to be judged.

• Judgement relies on assumption and speculation.

It is a natural human instinct to judge others. No amount of intended good will or non judgmental mentality will change that. However, that doesn't make it right. Judging is often the result of speculation and assumptions, which the majority of time cause more harm than good. The only useful form of judgement is when you have all the necessary facts required to make that judgement, and the problem is a lot of time, not all these facts are present. For example, we judge criminals, murderers, rapists ect.. For being malevolent and despicable. But this judgement is based on the present information, and disregards other important unknown factors such as history of abuse/relationship with family/mental disorders and so on that forms the whole picture and gives us a better understanding.

alexarose says2013-07-16T00:02:05.507
Whether we should judge others or not, the fact of the matter is that we do. We are hard-wired to make judgments when we see/meet people. We can't help it, it's part of our biology.