• We should keep the penny.

Because some people with low income might be affected.
    We can't use the nickle that much because it costs 10 cents.
    I have asked some people and most of them think we should keep it.
    Tax is going to be much more so I think we should keep the peony.

• We need pennies ^_^

The value of the U.S. Penny has been dropping for years. In 2006, it began to cost more than a penny to make a penny. It now costs 2¢ to produce a 1¢ coin. Many countries have stopped using pennies. Canada, which has a currency similar to that of the U.S., ended penny circulation on February 4. Is it time for the U.S. To do the same?

If the U.S. Got rid of the penny, cash transactions would be rounded up or down to the nearest nickel. However, the nickel has it's problems, too: it costs more than 10¢ to make a nickel. Some argue we would be trading in one bad coin for another. Other experts say that the U.S. Should get rid of both the penny and the nickel, and round up to the nearest dime.

A 2012 poll shows that 67% of Americans want to keep the penny. Many people polled said they feared they would end up paying more for products. Experts point to the dozens of countries that have gotten rid of their lowest-value coins without raising prices for consumers. Read more about the penny problem in the February 8, 2013 issue of TIME FOR KIDS. Then, vote in our poll below.

• Yes we should

We need the penny because products in local stores cost would increase largely, and with how bad our economy is right now, it's just not a safe idea right now, it would just increase the stress on american citizens. And just for little reasons like if something cost $1.58, what are you going to do now? KEEP THE PENNY!

• Lots of reasons to keep the penny!!

We should keep the penny! I believe this because...

1. Prices will increase
    if we get rid of the penny, store owners, and merchants will have to round UP to the nickel, forcing the buyer to pay MORE! And trust me it all adds up.

2. Charities need pennies
    where would penny charities be without pennies? The answer is: not where they are today, that is for sure! Just think, the pennies you find in jars, under the couch, and every where are now useless. You cant use them to donate!

3. Parents and allowances
    my parents used to give me money in pennies when I was a young child. Pennies help children learn about money, counting ,and math.

• Yes, it makes sense.

The penny is worth exactly $0.01 at face value, but the copper and zinc used to make the coin are worth more than the actual face value. Because of this, it makes sense to get rid of the coin and require prices to end in a valuable divisible by 5.

• Should we keep the penny????

Yes we should keep the penny. Why? Because if we don't then all prices will go up. Gas will even go up. Who wants that? Even though it cost more to make the penny than it is worth, we should still keep it. Stores will raise all their prices the nearest $0.05.

• Giving Change back

Having pennies will make everything way easier. First of all, if we stop making pennies then we would have to change a lot of the prices to a higher rate b/c we won't have the exact money and if we want change back, the change wont be exact. It's kind of a loose loose situation.

• Keep the Penny

We should keep the penny because, without it, how would we have proper change at stores. Also, we could save certain pennys and get money for them so that they would be worth much more than one cent. Pennies need to be pesent so that epople would have the proper amount of money that are owed to them.

• We shall keep the penny!!!

We have to keep the penny or else we would have to pay more money and charities that depend on drives, might not be able to raise as much money if there are no pennies. Also, many Americans want to keep the penny and it's part of their culture. I say that we keep the pennies or you will regret it.

• Yes. Keep it

Other than than the money value, Americans also hold a strong sedimental value with the penny and it would be hard to give it up. We have had this for such a long time and it would almost be like breaking tradition if we got rid of it. KEEP THE PENNY!

• Get a red of the penny

The penny is only worth 1 cent and it costs more to make it than what it cost so I don't even know why they made it in the first place and it's stupid that people only made it worth only 1 cent its just stupid S! T! U! P! I! D!!!

• Who actually uses pennies?...........

I don't. And i don't know anyone else who does. if they cost more to make than they are worth, and nobody uses it, then it's just dead weight on the economy. If we stopped minting it, we could take the we money saved and do something good with it.

• We Should Get Rid of It

I think we should get rid of the penny. Other countries have done it and showed that they were able to save millions of dollars afterwards. Let's be honest, our country could really use that extra couple millions right now. Nobody really likes to have change on them and this should happen quickly.

• Don't keep the penny

I don't think we should keep the penny because it cost more to make the penny than the penny is worth. The argument for that is that we will end up paying more as citizens because then everything will have to be rounded up, but I don't think that it will be a great difference. I also think since most people use credit cards, debit cards, and online tools to make purchases these days then it won't affect many people.

• There's literally no reason!

We've seen many, many other countries do it with NONE of the negative repercussions the penny lovers prophesied. Prices didn't go up. Charities didn't lose money.

1. They waste time! (we all hate that idiot who counts out their exact change at the grocery store)
    2. They waste money! (it costs more to make them then they're worth. It is LITERALLY not worth the space in your pocket to be carrying around a penny.)
    3. You can't even use them! (Try buying anything in all pennies. You'd have to carry around a small bag of pennies just to buy a pack of gum. Most newer vending machines don't even take them anymore! I have literally NEVER used a penny to buy something in my entire life.)

Screw our stupid attachment to this worthless piece of scrap. Get rid of the penny already.

• It cost to much !

The penny cost 1.6 cents to make and the penny is just 1 cent! I bet you if Abraham Lincoln was alive today he would say why am I on this penny! Even our own Military stopped using the e penny! We are losing millions of dollars by making penny's and we are trillions of dollars in det already!

• It cost to much !

• It cost to much !

• It cost to much !

• Get a red of the penny