Should we make a global law-enforced effort to reduce human overpopulation?

• Stop Human Over Population

People are suffering from not having clean water to not having enough food. Africa is already a poor country, but the population is so much that some of the people in Africa have dirty water, others have none. Same with food. Their kids are dying. Their houses are also being destroyed. Make laws to stop human overpopulation

• The world can only take so much

We as Americans are lucky, we are part of the world that has only about 10-99 people per 2.6 square kilometers. Places like India, Mexico, Europe, and part of Africa have 100-500+. If we don't cut down on our population soon, we are going to run out of resources. I know that sometimes government can get out of hand. It can happen. But, in my opinion, we need to put effort into stopping this before things get even more out of hand. I agree with some of the other yes arguments, I think parents should be limited to 2 children. It won't be very sad because it's something that we already CAN control, we as humans just don't want to. Until we actually come up with a reasonable and safe way of fixing this. We haven't figured out how to live on Mars yet, we can't depend on a what if. "What if we could live somewhere else that supports life. We need to focus on this. Let NASA handle Mars.

• The world can only take so much

• The world can only take so much

• There should be a law to reduce the amount of kids you can have

You should only have about 1 to 2 kids at max, we are constantly wasting to many resources at a pace to fast because of the amount of people on the earth, more people means more commodities, more cars, more waist. It's causing problems to the environment around us and will eventually be the extinction of us.

• Gygygyg hb jj

Ju joi jiji jiji jijij ftf ggy gyg ui ggh gy ug yy8 eese fyguh gyuj gg gyhu gyu gyu yg yiy ytg8 g8tg8y g8yg8 y88g8 8 8 t frd i gy n u yun uyu y y yu ygtu gg gyi gi ygg dsr l difh fygl fyii yi

• 7 billion is plenty.

The Earth's population has been constantly increasing for many years now because the death rate is lower than the birth rate. This planet was not made to support this many human beings. There are not enough natural resources, food, water, or space to give to the amount of people we are expected to have in the future, so yes, there should be laws to reduce over population.

• Is There Intelligent Life On Earth????

We need to stop overpopulating our only world. We needed to populate the earth a few thousand years ago so we could keep our race alive, now we need to stop populating the world for the very same reason. If we don't do this then not only the human race will go extinct but so will all the other plants and animals on this world. Humans only take u a small portion of all fauna and flora on this planet. IS IT RIGHT TO KILL ALL LIFE JUST BECAUSE WE WANT TO OVERPRODUCE? No it is not right, we need to show some intelligence if not for our sake all of the other animals and plants out their. As doctor Seuss said "we speak for the trees." well not only the trees but all living life in this universe as we know it! Not only that but all of our other problem our linked to over population, climate change? Yes, energy crisis? Yes. WE CAN DO THIS! WE CAN STOP THIS! We just need to impose a one child per couple law for ONE generation, ONE generation, do you get this people, ALL of our problems could be solved by just having one child instead of two or three! Countless endangered species could be saved!

In truth no government or UN can stop this alone, we need everyone to help, step in and take charge, we can do this. Please we need to make this decision as a species soon, die and bring everything with us, or take an incredibly simple solution that could lead to a utopia.

The choice is yours...

• Too many people

I want to be capable of having kids in a stable environment and these families who are having kids who they cant afford or the families who are have 6 or more kids are ruining it for everyone else. The world can not handle that many people it is physically impossible.

• Too many people

• Many places already do this- like China.

Problem is- there is no good way to enforce population control by law without being fascist and removing personal rights. Do we really want a nation that legally limits the number of children you have? Do we want to descend that slippery slope?

You want to reduce overpopulation? Get the religious and the socially conservative out of the business of telling people how and when to have sex, and promote COMPREHENSIVE SEX EDUCATION throughout the world. Teach them how to properly use contraception, and make it available cheaply. This would fix overpopulation, and help the standard of living of the poor in the Third World. Women's rights here in the US coincided with an increase in the availability of reliable contraception, allowing a woman to work or to plan her family around available resources.

• I don't think so

I just don't think so, because we all should have freedom, that is one of our laws, so why stop now? When someone dies, someone dies, and let it happen...Don't force death or no more children into our lives, because we all need kids to keep up with the modern times.

• Jen subs sjhn

If I think it's shocking to see what these women do. It's very sad to know these women think they aren't fit and need to be skinnier because they are very thin and it's better if they gain wight then to loose. The women Tracy's story was very shocking but a great lesson to show anorexia is extremely dangerous. She saw herself in the mirror and didn't realize that she was getting thinner and thinner until her mom pointed it out and noticed. She was also very terrified to eat and saw a plate of food as a plate of bugs. Also she is still struggling with her battle today by preventing fat and dairy. It's surprising that some women see themselves as that because in order to love someone else first you must love yourself and starving yourself to be loved by others is the wrong way to go.

• Global Population Control Would be Wrong

In some countries, there is plenty of space. In other countries, the population is overcrowded to dangerous levels. Some countries, including China, have enacted population control laws. These laws have resulted in desperate people trying to emigrate to avoid mandatory abortions, and abandoned children. Such laws create as many problems as they try to solve.

• Not at all

It would be unfair to go as far as making laws to curb population. However people should take responsibility to have less children themselves. More people particularly younger people should make sure they do not have children they are not ready for by whatever means possible, and society should encourage this. I am not against people having children but world society has a real problem. Maybe more people in world society should be encouraged to be homosexual would help a little bit as well. Lets face it if 5% of people in the world were openly gay instead of 1% that would make a difference as well. Also the worldwide norm of expecting people to get married and have kids should be lifted as well so more people feel free not to be expected to go down that route.

ChocboSwarm says2013-07-30T23:34:23.263
Whoops, I guess I should have registered first before submitting this topic. Oh well, it's the opinions that matter.