• In Addition to My Reply

Everyone is already paying for public schools. If schools were privatized, then citizens would not be paying for those schools. For example, and I am using reasonable, but made up numbers, to help make my point. If a family currently pays $3,000 a year in taxes that goes towards school, if the system was privatized, then they could use that $3,000 towards the school of their choice. If a family does not have kids, then they simply do not have to pay for the tax that goes towards the schools. In a privatized school system, there will be schools that cost more and cost less, depending on the quality of teaching. Yes, wealth will play a role, but schools at all levels will be held responsible for the quality of teaching and the level of education taught to our kids will increase as a whole, especially at the lowest levels. I much rather have a system that holds everyone accountable than a system that gives everyone a pass. Yes there will be students that will never get to experience a higher sense of learning due to lack of wealth but how is that different than now? By privatizing the system, you provide a much greater amount of education for families at their own price range. If anything, families will receive a greater education for their money than before.

• sure if the government can afford it why not?

If the question is referring to making all public schools into private schools then yes of course they should want to move forward with that because it would be more fair for the poor kids who have to envy the rich kids all the time. It would bring more balance to society.

• Capitalism is King

To disprove this "it's too expensive theory" you need only to look at the cell phone industry. The big three Apple, HTC and Samsung compete not only from a technology and quality standpoint but also from a financial perspective as well. All top of the line phones are basically the same price the choice is really in what you as the consumer prefers. Privatization would be the best thing to happen to the American school system in the history of the USA. How is this possible? Simple, government control encourages mediocrity but when corporations are competing for customers the quality of the product and the price improves and it often does so rapidly. This also comes with the added bonus of union free teachers, tenure goes away and incompetence can once again be punished with dismissal from the institution. Furthermore many middle class Americans already make massive financial sacrifices to put their kids in private institutions, one because they generally are better and two to avoid Liberal Indoctrination. The public school system is not "good" it’s not competitive and is riddled with corruption so YES schools should all be privatized.

• Government Funding.

Due to the recession, many of the countries has diverted or decreased its public expenditure in order to overcome not only recession but also a country's deficits and other external debts.
    Therefore the need for an alternative source for education funding has increased tremendously and privitization will always help in solving this problem.

• True Capitalism & Lassiez Faire have Never Failed!

All I'm seeing on the "no" side is, "too expensive". Allow me to disprove this statement, and also tell you how privatizing schools could be the best decision anyone has ever made.
    Firstly, my family, even at the poverty level (which, in America, is actually not far at all from the "average American family", by the way), actually IS able to afford private education for all three children. And... Huh, the "average American family" has only about 2.6 children!
    Moving on to my second point, should the school system be capitalized/privatized, not only will the new schools that would replace the public ones be competing with their educating styles, but price as well!
    Third, have you checked the federal deficit lately? Does it look like the government can afford much? No. Does it spend more anyway? Yes.
    Fourthly, technology has come a long way since the school system was centralized. There are now online schools which cost far less to run than your average school system. I can even name a few who spend their extra government funds by offering a free amusement park ticket for each student and their parents. Sure, it might be the "bad" thing you all call homeschooling, but cyber-school looks pretty appealing to me.

• Competition is Important

Not only can there be specialized schools etc for kids, but the competition would create higher skilled jobs for many people. At the moment a high school degree is pretty much required to get a barely decent living, it is getting to the point where a college degree is required to get a decent job, by privatizing all schooling we would have low skilled workers (no degree) medium skilled (low degree) then exceeding (medium to high). Of course there would be the wealth issue but that is what would help competition, no longer would we have to outsource low paying blue collar jobs, because they could be brought back to low skilled workers. Furthermore, competition with students around the world would be much stronger if very skilled workers were higher in number, but medium skilled workers were lower.

• Competition is good!

Businesses compete with each other with competitive pricing, quality service, and quality products. With everyone forced to pay for public school there is no competition and without competition the education system suffers. If all schools were privatized students would get the best, most personalized, and lowest priced education! In conclusion, privatizing schools would save people money and actually improve the education quality in this great country.

• The Public Education System is Wasteful

The government wouldn't be able to distribute their budget properly if their lives depended on it. The public education system strives on destroying free thinking. It forces down uniform testing and conformity that makes young people drop out anyway. You can't use the argument that "knowledge shouldn't be bought" if you really want to learn pick up a book. The fact is 70% of what you learn in high school is complete BS, and doesn't apply to real world critical thinking. Let young people go to the work force if they choose to, some people actually want to work and learn the value of a dollar. Tax money already goes to public education anyway, a lot of tax payers deserve a break. Besides just like in capitalism, private schools will be forced to compete with one and the other, and that means offering the best services for the best prices, and don't students have to pay for tuitions in college anyway. There's many programs around the country like welfare and health care that should stop being funded by the government, and that includes public education. The government is too stupid to do anything right.

• The government is only good at mediocre results and wasteful spending

The government is good for making this more fair. They aren't good at running anything. The education system in this country is pitiful. A company that has to do a good job in order to get "customers" would do better. Maybe, we still pay taxes just like now and they still robinhood our money so it's more "fair" but let us choose where we want to go to school and our "fair share" money goes there. Then parents can pick the best school for them even if they aren't rich.

• Private Education good?

I wanted to say yes so that I could see how many took this poll. I am doing research and don't really care one way or the other. I hope that no one takes offense to this. I just wanted to check out how this website worked in providing statistics.

• Why privatize our schools?

Why are we doing this to our kids? Why privatize our teachers, drivers, and janitors and make them lose their jobs that they do diligently. Please give me any reason that people who work hard should lose their jobs just so kids can get 'motivated' or 'not as distracted.' seriously

• Can't afford

The average amount of people cant afford for their children to attend a private school. They are already to busy working to pay for their bills and food and also their needs. Also, many parents can't homeschool their children because they are too busy doing other things. That is my point of view.

• Costs Become Prohibitive

If all schools are privatized, costs become prohibitive for ordinary Americans. Most citizens can't afford to homeschool their kids because they have jobs. Private schools already cost too much for most folks. If schools become privatized, one parent will have to stay home with the children to educate them while the other parent works. That method simply doesn't work in today's society.

• Huge step backwards!

There was a time when there was no public school system; you either could afford an education or you didn't get one. Public schools are intended to allow everyone the chance to get an education, regardless. Getting rid of them would only go back to the time when people with money could afford to be educated and the poor were stuck with ignorance.

• Private School

There are privatized schools already. They tend to cost a lot more money than the public school system does. Also, not all families can afford to send their child to a privatized school system. This would also mean that the school system becomes that of the government and the government would then dictate what children were to learn on any given day.

• But subsidize poor and middle class families...

Private schools do better than public schools. That's undeniable, it is just a fact, plain and simple. The real they're superior is that private schools has a financial incentive to work hard and make sure their students learn, whereas public schools do not. So, by privatizing public schools, we'd improve the overall quality of our educational system.

But what about all the families who would now have to start paying out of pocket for schools. Well, for them, the government should pay for their educations. Plus, with the money we'd no longer have to spend on education, we could cut taxes, and everyone would have more money in the first place. Problem solved.

• No. Welcome to America.

Schools might become too expensive for families to afford. They would resort to "cheaper" schools which would most likely have a lower quality of education. DO NOT PUT A PRICE ON EDUCATION. Greed would get the better hand of our education system. It is only greed. Not "choice" crap. Don't we want an educated society. Well then pay up or die stupid. Welcome to America.

• Privatizing schools will exclude those who cannot afford it

Inner city schools in poor urban areas will virtually disappear. The children who would normally attend public schools potentially will become thieves and thugs, and inner city crime rate will soar, essentially causing more tax revenue to be directed towards fighting crime that would otherwise be spent on schooling these children. This can also extend beyond the borders of the inner city. Parents in suburbs who are now struggling to raise their children in a world filled with influences derived from television, social media and peer pressure and are not making enough to send their children to a private school of acceptable quality could potentially produce future citizens who fail to contribute to society as a whole. Only the wealthy and affluent will be able to afford sending their children to a high quality institution of education, giving them an unfair advantage over middle, lower-middle class and poor children. The cost in savings in taxes earmarked for the public school system may or will not cover the expense of a privatized school system. As I no longer have children of school age, I am more than happy to pay my share of school taxes to ensure that all children have a level playing field in regards to availability of education. Many poor children have thrived and become successful under this system because they had been given a chance to do so under the public school system.

• Ur shit af

In love Donald Trump. He is my man. There is no other man who can do better. He is my nigga. Even my Mom told me she would fuck this dude. I do not know what to write next, but I have to fill out this shit here. Fuck you

• Ur shit af