• Children should be at least 13 to for a phone

Parents should make their children understand that they have to have a better understanding of the world, and that they need to become mature enough and more responsible. People might think that it is important for children to be exposed to technology at and early age but no, it is not important.

• People felt the same way about cars

But we have a societal understanding that young people are not mature enough to use things responsibly at all times. Their job is to explore limits, that's what childhood is. Our job is to protect them from stepping past limits into the realm of danger. With cars, it was easier because the harm was more apparent and could include others. But we're smart enough to see that, right?

• Science and common sense!

There is a vast array of scientific studies showing. The stimulation causes a positive link to ADD and ADAD, a decrease in both short and long term memory and a lessoned ability for critical thinking.
    There is also a common sense in regards to lack of self reliance. I had a flip phone from 16 until 23, at 23 I got an I phone and started using gps and all those brain melting goodies. Around a year ago my gps died on route to a place I had driven to probably 3 times previous. I simply couldn't remember how to get there. A week latter my IPhone died and I decided to go back to a flip phone. After a two week span of struggling it was like a veil lifted and I was able to get were I was going using common since and a little memory (AKA navigating like I always had pre smart phone "I could do it then why not now") my memory is much stronger I can remember phone numbers permanently after dialing them 2 or 3 times and can remember a new persons name by then end of our first introductory conversation. Sure I miss Pandora but is it worth my mind (NOPE) for all you kids or even adults out there how many feet are in a mile, how many quarts in a gallon, feet in a yard, millimeters in a centimeter, 8ths in an inch? If you cant remember theses things and need to reach for your phone to look them up. You have atrophied parts of your brain from cell phone (device) use. Giving one to a kid takes a way any chance.

• Too young of kids

Ever since I was in grade school, I always wanted a phone. My parents said, "I don't need one." At that time, classmates were already getting cell phones. That made me want one even more. Now days I see the same thing, 6 year olds holding a phone in their little hands while the parents have one in their hands too.

• An age limit

There are to many things the kids can get on. It could be inaproporit or any thing like that. You shouldn't get a phone untill you are at least 13. I got my phone last year when i was twelve but all i did on it was call and text. Only my family member. This year i got instagram and there are some stuff kids the age of 5 should not have at there finger tips. Tima moody

• There should be an age limit on cell phones.

Kids that rr tr r r r r r r r r r rr rrrrr r r r r r r r r rrrrrrr r r r rr r r r r r r r r r r r rrrr r rr r r r r r r r r

• Yes and no-

Having an age limit would be outstanding, tbh. Yes, I understand I'm 15 and I can't be talking about it. But kids now-a-days have phones at young ages such as 6 or 7. And even if we do add an age limit to buying phones and such, they will have access to Tablets, computers, iPods, and more.

• Absolutely, it's for their own benefit

When I was growing up a parent would not buy a child a phone. If you had a generous parent you would get a poor cheap one for Christmas. However kids running around at 5 years old and £600 smart phone is ridiculous for so many reasons. Firstly they have no concept of the value of things if they are gifted things that expensive at that young an age. Secondly it provides them with access to the internet and all of the corrupt and degrading things associated with that. It also teaches a fake form of cyber socializing as a norm, thus encouraging bad habits and lowering their development in communication. If parents of today had any spine they would simply tell their kids no and refuse to buy them a phone, however as we live in the age where you cannot discipline children in anyway whatsoever a government enforced age limit would be beneficial.

• Absolutely, it's for their own benefit.

• What is a phone?

It might be useful to try to understand what parts of the phone we are considering to be harmful. Is the dangerous part voice communication? Presumably not since we have had telephones for quite a while and before that we used to use air as the medium for communication (a little air is still required however). Is the problem then text messaging? We used to send letters by mail. The only difference between sending a letter by mail is speed, cost and convenience. Which one of these things should be increased to make text messages safer for children?

Perhaps the problem is then access to games, apps and the internet. This is likely one of the more logical argument as these capabilities are much more recent inventions and should be treated more carefully. However if children should not be allowed access to these things on their phones, then they should not be allowed them on a computer, tablet or video game console either.

Perhaps the problem is the small screen size. It may be possible that small light sources close to the eyes are damaging but I don't know if there is compelling evidence to support this. Does the eye damage only apply to children? If not then perhaps small screens should not be allowed to be sold at all. The same argument seems to logically apply to additional exposure to electromagnetic waves (WIFI and cell).

I am not suggesting that kids should have unrestricted access to devices. However, I think it would be very constructive to try to understand what aspect(s) of the devices are the most problematic.

• Its the parents choice

Whether a parent wants to give their child a cell phone when they're 5 or when they're 15, 2 or 12, 9 or 90. Its the parents choice and how ridiculous would that be is there where phone police, smacking phones out of the hands of "UNDERAGED PHONE USERS". NO there should not be a phone limit.

• There should be no limit for owning a cell phone

I do not think so because it leads to predators and with no cell phone you cant reach anyone for help.. Someone may be kidnapped or being killed and they have NOTHING to reach you...... Thats why i think there should be no limit to own a cell phone. Thanks

• I don't think so

Well I think giving a kid a phone is at the discretion of the parent so if the parent doesn't want the kid to have a phone till age 16 then so be it. But by no means should there be laws past that prohibit kids from having phones. Though it would be interesting to see police giving out tickets for "Underage possession of a cellular device"

• I would have to say no.

Should children have cell phones? No. Should it be illegal for a child to have cell phone though? Again, No. Cell phones aren't necessary toy's there a device that allows for communication to nearly anyone that has a phone. There for your child could easily talk to ANYONE at any time. And most phones today have access to app stores where you can buy any number of app's for your phone witch would add up in dollars vary quickly. They can also brake with out much effort and knowing how kids are there most likely to get dropped plenty of times and get dirty and even get lost. But It shouldn't be illegal for a child to have a cell phone because a phone by it's self isn't a device that can cause any physical harm to a child or physical harm to any other child. It's a tool used mainly for communication. It's not the law's responsibility to parent peoples kids.

• This is just ridiculous

An age limit on phones? HAHAHAHA yeah lets have the cell phone police hand out tickets to people who are underage to carry a cell phone. If a parent wants to give their kid a cell phone, let them do it. I do not really see the problem here. ,