Should we raise the age of criminal responsibility?

• To be enlightened

Here are very many people who is arguing it but somehow there is no really correct answer or even a final answer. My answer is yes, maybe you may be asking why because I am also between the age of 9 - 15.
    9 years old children may be too young to go to jail or to be punished but somehow they need to be responsible with their words and actions. It does not mean that you are a child then you can already do something that is not included in the law. Some lawbreakers uses children to do bad things since the children will not be affected anyway. We should now prevent the cases from which the adults use the children to commit crime. There are some children who at a very young age have criminal record.

• Age doesn't matter

Criminal liability is the responsibility for any illegal behavior that causes harm or damage to someone or something. Legal liability concerns both civil law and criminal law and can arise from various areas of law, such as contracts, torts, taxes, or fines given by government agencies. People should take responsibility for what they have done. The age of the criminal responsibility in the Philippines should be lowered to _______ years old, due to the reasons that youths should be responsible for the weight of their actions; it is highly accepted in other country and to stop criminals using children as frontline perpetrators of criminal acts.

• Age doesnt matter

• Research have been made

Juvenile justice system doesn't say imprisonment automatically.., on further researches my team have done, it aims to lower delinquency acts happening or to completely wipe it out and for those violators there are assigned sanctions depending on their cases. It also aims to correct how minorities should act right and live right.

• Not to imprison but do some correction...

• My opinion due to a debate I had in class.

My class voted within the debate about the fact that the criminal age should be 12-14. We discussed that the age should be hired due to children not getting a sence of maturety untill thet are in highschool (UK). This causes the effect of realisation on the fact that you could be sent to a juvinial center because of offences and that it would be a wake up call. OR we could simply teach young children to learn law in Primary school and teach them about it and the awareness of danger within a community and crimes.

• Age doesn't matter

Why should we look at the age why not look at the mental state of the children.We should not blame the society around us cause we our selves chose what we do.Being minor is not an excuse from doing such acts. The reason why we have criminals today is because they don't fear the law so I think it is right to lower the age of liability criminals for that at an early age they'll have the fear to commit such crimes.

• The charlie bulgar case

Because i really dessparatly need the benifits of jurking my one inch so hard that it actually burns and my white stuff paints the ceiling . My bedroom would be pink if it was not for my enening habits and i nbeed to be able to do this legaly or i would not be able to cum

• ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿

• I don't agree with that..

Kasi it the influence of their family or other people near them. If they did any mistake like stealing why not blame their parents so their parents should discipline them. There's still a chance to reform their behavior because they are not still matured. If they teaches a good behavior they may have a good future.

• I don't agree with that..

• I don't agree with that..

• Age of 10 should stay the same.

I think that by the age of 10 most children understand what is right and wrong.Just because of their age it doesn't mean they do not receive a fair trial .By the age of 10 you can get a criminal record ,children the age of 10 who commit crimes are victims of circumstance.

• Decrease the age to teach lessons.

We should lower the age of criminal responsibility. This is because too many crimes are done by juveniles and they need to be taught lessons early on. If we don't they will continue to break laws. If we don't punish a 16-year-old for theft, he will think that there are no repurcussions and continue the behavior.

• No, the age of criminal responsibility should not be raised.

18 is plenty old enough to be charged as an adult. By 18 a young adult should have been taught that criminal behavior is a punishable behavior. Term of imprisonment could be lessened since the kids are likely to mature more in the near future. When society has not been able to teach a kid that criminal acts are wrong by age 18, it is necessary to show that there are real consequences.

• I think the age should be lowered

For some reason, in today's society we want to allow individuals to get away with crimes based on their age. This is unacceptable. There is no reason why a 13 or 15 year of kid who commits the act of murder, rape or theft should be allowed leniency just because of their age. Being young is not a license to act against the law. And they know it was wrong and most assume because of their age they WILL get away with it.

• No we shouldn't

No, If anything it should be lowered because we have children committing criminal activities. We are seeing kids younger and younger committing felonies. If we lowered the age and made the parents held accountable and let the children and the parents to go to prison for their actions it would work possibly. But raising it will not help it needs to be lowered at the age of 10 a child knows right from wrong by that age frame. So if we make them accountable by then it would possibly reduce.

• No, the age of criminal responsibility is fine.

I do not think that the age of criminal responsibility should be raised in the United States of America. I think that age shouldn't be that big of a factor in regards to how we treat a criminal unless they are too young to even comprehend a crime. I think that the age of the current criminal responsibility in the states is fair.