• Absolutely because it works in preventing teen pregnancy.

Teens do not understand the extreme responsibility of bringing a baby into the world. Talking to teens about avoiding pregnancy will not work because the enormous drive to procreate cannot be overcome by a teens mental capabilities because it has proven the frontal lobes of the brain that can act on correct knowledge has not yet been fully developed. How else to combat the internal hard-wiring of a teen to procreate? Shame. The emotion of shame on teen pregnancy works because it works on the other hard-wiring of the brain to conform to society or otherwise be shunned out and have to face the dangers of the external environment on her own which could mean starvation. Starvation is a stronger motivator to act accordingly. Shame which would trigger fears of starvation often does work to stave off teen pregnancy.

• Yes, teens need to understand why teen pregnancy is so undesirable.

Our society has become tolerant in the extreme. To avoid hurting anyone's delicate feelings, we now pretend certain situations and choices are perfectly acceptable. Even when they are clearly damaging to society and the individuals facing them. Shame can be an effective deterrent, especially since many teens cannot comprehend the reality of parenthood at such a young age,

• It should be shamed.

Teenage pregnancy should be shamed upon because it's the only thing they will acknowledge. If people began being more honest about it and shaming it, I think the rates would go down because no one wants to be look at like there disgusting. Teenagers already hide there individuality to prevent themselves from being judged and victims of bullies. And realistically it's not helping anyone. They put themselves and the baby in potential danger. There career takes a huge break, and in most cases will never continue. They will not be able to lead an independent life for atleast 3+ years as they need to be able to provide for themselves and the child financially, mentally and emotionally. Also it puts so much extra pressure on the Government. They can't afford to give anymore money to he NHS or to give it to teenage mothers in child benefits.
    Simply it should be shamed upon because it is disgusting.

• It should be shamed.

• Teen pregnancy .

Teen pregnancy should he an option . And a teen mom should not be shamed because their a teen mom or dad. But i also think you should finish school first or go to a special school for teen moms . I also think you should talk about having the baby.

• How would you feel?

I would like to start out by saying I am not a teen mother. I had 3 friends that got pregnant in high school. One who did not care what anyone said to her about her pregnancy, one who cried more than she ever should have had to because people were so rude to her, and one who considered abortion and got shamed by people for even considering it. Society makes it especially hard on teens to be pregnant. Yes, it should be taught that teen pregnancy is wrong before it happens , but after it has already happened, what is the point in shaming teen girls who already know they have made mistake. I don't know about other people in this post but I think that abortion should NEVER be encouraged. I feel that if the teen makes the decision to have sex, they should have to carry the baby full term and keep it or give it up for adoption. The girl is already pregnant she knows what she has done, what is the point in shaming her? Shaming pregnant teens will only make them feel so bad about their selves to the point that they may contemplate suicide. I have seen it happening. You see parents posting all over social media how bullying is SOOOOO BAD, which it is, BUT the you see the same parent BULLYNG PREGNANT TEENAGE GIRLS! Its honestly horrible. It makes me sick to see this STILL going on in todays society when it has been happening for years now. Then there is the type of shaming that people do that are because teen girls relationships will not last with the father. This is definitely one of my favorites. Teens who usually are no married to the child's father when pregnant is the same thing as older women that are in the same situation. If you ask me, there is almost the same amount of older women out sleeping around with men as there is teens. Come on people, it is definitely time to get over teen pregnancy . I am NOT saying to encourage it, but why make the girls feel worse then they already do. We need to help and support them after the fact so that they will make the right decisions for these unborn children.

• We definitely shouldn't

Shaming a teen girl for getting pregnant is disgusting. You don't know why she's pregnant. She could have been raped, or drunk. And people make mistakes and sometimes those mistakes bring something positive. Shaming a girl for being pregnant can also hurt her self worth. Being told she's easy and called horrible names can hurt people. Some amazing people have been born because their mothers had them as teenagers.

• We shouldn't SHAME the girl...

Sure, it may or may not be completely wrong, it depends on your view of it yes, but shaming the girl for getting pregnant on accident (most likely) is NOT the way to go. For example, i mean if the girl got pregnant by an un-expectancy, like the condom broke or etc.. Don't blame her, it wasn't her fault.

• No teen pregnancy should not be shamed.

Its not going to make the situation better if you are constantly harping on a teen who has become pregnant. Think about how she may feel if she becomes pregnant and knows that no one around her is going to support her. Knowing that teen pregnancy is shamed upon she may look for a way out that could be potentially harmful to her or her child. It is the decision of the pregnant teen whether she wants to have a child and become a parent so early on and not be influenced by society's negative thoughts.

• No, we need to support her.

No, I absolutely do not believe teen pregnancy should be shamed. A young teen mother who may find herself unexpectedly pregnant needs loving support. She needs people around her who will give her guidance and be there for her when she is weighing the decisions she must make. Nothing good can come from shaming.

• Shaming does not help the situation.

In the past teenage pregnancy was shunned and there were no less teenage pregnancy than there is now. It causes kids to seek dangerous unprofessional abortions which can at the very best result in their incapacity to have children in the future and at the worst end in their own death. Often these backyard abortions don't work but in fact can cause the baby to be born with serious defects.

• I say no

I do not think that we can really hope to gain anything as a people if we decide that teen pregnancy is worth shaming. It will not change the fact that the teen is pregnant. I think that we should not glorify it, but we also should not go so far as to shame it.