Should we still charge old people to ride the bus?

• I don’t think that we should still charge old people to ride the bus.

I don’t think that we should still charge old people to ride
    the bus. After a certain age, it’s not
    safe for some senior citizens to drive.
    They tend to have bad eyesight and fall asleep at the wheel. We should allow them to ride the bus free in
    order to convince them not to drive.

• Yes, old people should be allowed to ride the bus free

Seniors (old people) can't work as well as they used to when they were younger, since they're older, they are weaker. Since they are weaker, they can't do some of the jobs that younger people work. For example, most seniors cannot work a job as a construction worker because they're weaker.

• Yes they should

Why does the fact that you're old mean that you should travel for free. GB's in a state right now and they should pay for their service like most people do. If they go for free, kids should be allowed to go for free too. We'd all be happier. .

• Elderly should receive discounted, but not completely free fares.

While offering the elderly completely free bus transportation would be ideal, it may not be economically possible. Elderly in some areas often make up a large percentage of bus riders and if they were to ride at no price, it could threaten the finances of the bus company or transportation department. A preferable option is to offer the elderly discounts on bus fare. This allows elderly to save money while still offering some reasonable compensation to buses.

• To not charge is discrimination.

Yes, we should still charge old people to ride the bus, because it is discrimination to charge young people but not charge old people. Old people have limited finances, but young people are trying to raise a family and live on a budget. All people who use a service should contribute to its operation in some way.

• I think that you should not charge seniors to ride a city bus!!!!

I think that people should not charge seniors to ride A city bus because when they get to be A senior that means that they retired there job so they do not have the money most of the time so they cant get the money to ride the bus and they might not have a car!!!

• No, senior passes are a good idea.

To be perfectly honest, any older person who has the means is probably not going to be riding the bus. Those who do so on a regular basis are those who could probably use a little help on their fixed incomes, so these people should not be charged for riding the bus.

• I don't think so.

I think that if the bus company doesn't want to allow the elderly to ride the bus for free, then the government could step in and give all elderly people a voucher to ride it for free. Elderly people can be heavily reliant on the bus in a bigger city and often don't have very much disposable income.