• They are racist

They are racist, They hate Gay people for no reason. Gay people cannot help but be gay it is in their nature and God made them that way. The God of the Bible is not the real God. The real God is Infinite Love, and Infinite Love would never hate its own creation.

• Jesus, Friend of Sinners

I'm a Jesus Freak. I'm sick of people bunching my beliefs into this group of 40 people? What? Yeah, 40 people. They are only doing this for attention. Stopping giving them what they want. They know what they believe is ludicrous to a point, you even look at the testimonies of some ex-members. Stop talking, they stop protesting. I wish I could stand across the street from them and play the Casting Crowns song "Jesus, Friend of Sinners" as loud as I could.

"Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away
    We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
    Jesus, friend of sinners, the truth's become so hard to see
    The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
    Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
    A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
    Open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers
    Let our hearts be led by mercy
    Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
    Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours

Jesus, friend of sinners, the one who's writing in the sand
    Made the righteous turn away and the stones fall from their hands
    Help us to remember we are all the least of these
    Let the memory of Your mercy bring Your people to their knees
    Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded
    What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
    Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
    Let our hearts be led by mercy

You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
    For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
    Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
    But you died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet."

Yeah, that's what I believe, that's what real Christians believe. Give us more attention than the real bigots.

• They live off of media attention

It's like that playground bully from elementary school.Your teacher would always tell you that if you left them alone and ignored the,then they would eventually leave you alone too because they wouldn't get the joy of bullying you anymore because you wouldn't react.

The same thing goes for the WBC. We are making them feel that their message is important by having counter protests,interviewing them on the media,sending them hate mail,etc,etc.

If they are left alone and shown that literally NO ONE cares about them. Then they will eventually die off.

• Its giving them more attention

When the media keeps on paying attention to a source it gets lots of publicity, which is as the Phelps family state on many different occasions what they want. They were even happy when they had to pay a lot of money because it gave them plenty of publicity.
    If people just calm down, ignore them like you do to trolls, they disappear or change their tactics.

• They're like Internet trolls

And by giving them attention, we're feeding them and giving them more power. They crave the attention, even if it's bad.

If we all start to ignore them, with perhaps exceptions of warning people of where they plan to picket next (the funerals of fallen soldiers for example) so they will be prevented from approaching/entering, then they lose the attention and lose the power they have.

They'll sink into the shadows and be utterly forgotten about, which they deserve.

• Don't feed the troll

This is the most important thing you can do. Hardly anyone cares about their message, they don't do anything worthwhile, they have close to no redeeming factor. Quite simply if nobody gave half a damn about them, sooner or later they'll have to

1) Picket every funeral in the USA and possibly everywhere it happens in the world
    2) Do something extreme, hopefully against the law

Just to get attention

I know it's difficult to let these dogs run amuck, but you have to remember, these people practically live off attention. Deprive them of it, see what happens.

• Talking about them is keeping them alive

Look, everyone hates the WBC, but you can't really do anything about them. They are protected by the Constitution until they hurt someone. As in really hurt someone, not just feelings. So why do we say not to talk about them? Simple. EVERYONE hates the WBC. They have almost no members except the entirety of their family and some friends, and even family is starting to leave. Their entire Church is unsustainable because no way is anyone going to donate to them and no one pays them to protest funerals. Once more of them start to leave, they wont be able to afford flying their entire family across the country to sit at a graveyard for a few hours.

The WBC makes money off lawsuits. When someone tries to shut them down, or gets angry and attacks their website or throws a cherrybomb at their house, they sue the heck out of them because they are technically a Church and that's religious intolerance. The only reason they still exist today is because people still talk about them, people still get understandably upset, people do stupid things, and then people have to fund their wacky antics for another year. Think about it, how else does a cult that only like 50 people don't despise manage to afford taking a massive group trip every couple weeks around the US? If we show some discipline and buckle down, keep under control, they'll eventually snuff themselves out. Theyll run out of money, realize no one is willing to offer them any good will because they have embittered the nation, and die a slow tortuous drawn out death of starvation in the decrepit remains of their citadel of hatred.

Meanwhile across the street at the gay advocacy center, there will be a FABULOUS party. Yes, there is currently a gay advocacy office across the street from the Church. I believe its rainbow painted.

• Seriously guys, it's one crazy ass family.

I feel like a lot of people have been duped into thinking that this "church" is some huge, influential organization. You guys, there's seriously like 20 of them. It's literally one crazy ass family and a few of their crazy ass friends. The only thing giving them any notoriety is all of the attention they get when they do *anything*. There are nutso, hateful people ALL over the place. Probably on your own block there's a household of crazies. But if you drive by them shouting their nonsense on the street are you going to write an article about it to be published in the paper? No, you laugh them off as crazy and move on with your life. As we all should.

• Don't feed the hungry troll!

What the Westboro Bapstist Church wants is more attention. They just love ticking people off. They're clearly not true Christians, for Christians are supposed to be LOVING, and TOLERANT. What we need to do is to unsubscribe to their social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and not respond to their worst insults and threats. That way, they'll shut up and get a life.

• We can't let them get away with it

If we stop talking, they will get away with all that they do. Someone will kill all of them because we forgot about it and they carried on abusing. So what is it, we keep on focusing on them and opposing them, or let them free and possibly have a mass murder?

• No, we need to do something about them.

It can be argued that we should just ignore them and they'll go away. During the 50s, 60s, and 70s, people ignored the KKK. Did that stop them? No. What we need to do is find a way to shut up the WBC, preferably nonviolently. They are one of the most hypocritical groups I've heard of, and likely they're going to Hell themselves. It's especially sickening that they celebrate the deaths of soldiers, simply because they were homosexual are were in some way involved in the gay rights movement.

If we just let them do this, it won't stop.

• Those psychos need to be GONE.

Listen, I've got nothing against freedom of speech. But I don't believe that blatant racism, homophobea, sexism, and just being an overall s***bag is justified ANYWHERE. Your thumbnail says it all, but I'm only at 35 words by now, so I have to keep ranting. These are human beings who believe that going to a recently dead persons funeral (where all of the dead persons family & friends are mourning them) and protest that their death was not only ok, but a gift from god.

Let me point out that the only reason that the concept of god exists is because cavemen where too dumb to figure out why certain things happened, so they just came up with the concept of a being in the sky who did all this. But now, we have science. We know why the sky changes color, we know why there are waves, and we know why the sky is blue. In my opinion, religion is the worst thing to ever happen to humans. Wars have been fought over it, people were sacrificed, and now this. The only positive affect religion has ever had is that some good movies books & other forms of fiction have come out of it. That's it. If we were a smart race, we'd get over religion and start relying on ourselves, so that we could stop relying on an invisible bearded dude in the sky to fix our problems. Thinking there's a higher being is fine, because there very well might be. But If I had my way, the any other radical religious organization would be put in a looney bin for serious delusions. But not the WBC. Those are sick human beings, and deserve a punishment worse than imprisonment. Somebody do me a favor and re-enact the WBC scene from God Bless America.

• They are a bunch of psychos

We cant just pretend that they will go away if we just ignore them.Had we ignored the japanese in WW2, we would have bent to their will. And if we do nothing to stop the WBBC it might get to a point where they take over america. This is the land of the free, wbbc supporters.Not your fantasy land where you do what you want

• At this point their existence doesn't matter.

Sometimes it's fun to poke fun at these idiots. Their views will never change and they are not breaking any laws so we can't really do anything about it. It's just American past time to make fun of these clowns and poke fun at their stupidity. It's not like they're gaining any ground. I do believe what they are doing to their children is wrong and it should be looked into but some kids do grow up and leave. Eventually these kids will have a choice to make and we can't blame their upbringing for too long. After a while they are just as guilty.

• They are a business. Not a church. They need to lose their tax exempt status.

This is just a money maker for them. A way to keep the inbred family employed. They deserve to be made fun of. They deserve to be counter-sued. And, they should lose their property. The Westboro Business Model needs to be fought, and made fun, of at every turn. Good on all of you that turn out when they pollute the streets.

• With WBC, Enough is Never Enough

Are we seriously arguing about whether or not we should stop talking about the Westboro Baptist Church? I understand that there are other fundamentally retarded religious groups out there but we have to hammer home the idea that it is never okay to force children to picket signs of hatred. It is never okay to say you are glad that gays are killed(Unless if a gay individual happens to commit a murder, than that's a different story) It is never okay to protest on private dead solder's funerals. We have to show them that unless they plan to change their beliefs for modern times, We are not going to stop talking about them.

• No we should shame them

The Westboro Baptist Church is as unchristian a so called church as I have ever seen. They give all Christians a bad name, making us all look bad. We should keep pointing out that they are terrible excuses for human beings and hopefully shun them right out of our society.