Should we support transgender equality in schools?

• Fight suicide rates

By supporting transgender life institutionally, we will have happier children. Being transgender is more than twice as stressful as being gay. If even everyone around them provides no tolerance, then there will feel like there is no route to happiness. We continually think about all of the danger men can cause, but we have not even seen the integration of two genders applied in this manner. We can always have test runs with new laws and such.

• Peace 4 all

Everybody should feel happy and whether that is being transgender or not, who cares! Let them live their life in happiness and peace without having people against them. Schools are their for support and equality and so no matter what they will be there for their kids and as parents, friends etc you should be there for them too not against them. THEY ARE HUMANS LIKE US ALL. Thank you

• I agree because

Transgender kids aren't attracted to the gender they are naturally. (AKA if a guy constantly dresses up like a girl, he isn't attracted to girls) Similarly, gay and lesbian children are allowed in the same bathrooms and changing rooms, even though they are attracted to that gender. Therefore, I dont' see how Transgender kids are a problem being in the bathroom of their choice.

• We ask students do be fair and nice. Why can't the school follow their own rules?

Teachers ask their students to play nice and be friends, but I guess that doesn't apply to how the school treats their students. Is it really such a terrible thing? If the school is going to allow transgender students, then they need to respect those students and treat them the way those students want to be treated.

• Transgender People are People too.

People everywhere are always saying how bullying needs to stop and kids shouldn't feel less confident because of what other kids say. So if a boy feels that he should really be a girl, or a girl who feels she should have been born a boy, let them. If you force a transgender child to use the restroom that they don't feel comfortable with, kids are going to be cruel. It's awful, but the truth. If people really believed in teaching kids to be themselves, this wouldn't be an issue.

• We should support all forms of equality, especially in school.

School is where kids learn how to not be jerks, and they should be learning to understand and accept the LGBT community. Take it from someone who knows, using the bathroom when you're transgender is stressful enough as it is. If you're forced to use the restroom of your biological sex, you feel uncomfortable and out of place. If you're allowed to use the restroom of your gender, you feel as if there is an immediate risk of physical harm, because there is. Do not make it any harder for us to feel comfortable.

• Peace 4 all

• Peace 4 all

• Everyone should suppor transgender equality

People try to paint being transgender as some sort of freaky thing, but it is really not. It is a way for people that identify with their "true" gender to live as themselves, and not force themselves into some sort of societal pigeon hole to keep everybody else comfortable. I think all schools should support transgender people.

• Yes People should

I think that people should support transgender equality in general. Transgender people are people too what gives anyone the right to say how they should be treated or say what they can or can't do. For example if a transgender child who identifies as female goes to the girls bathroom are teachers or staff gonna force her to use the boys bathroom and How would teachers and staff prove who's male or female. Are they gonna check them.

• No, there is a reason they were separated in the first place.

Gays, lesbians, and transgenders have no right to change which restroom they want to enter. They shouldn't have rights to marriage or to decide which gender they want. God made them the gender they are. They became homosexual or transgender through life circumstances. In a recent study that was done, they all had one of four things in common.
    1. Early introduction to pornography.
    2. Traumatizing event before the age of 5
    3. Abuse
    4. Their friends "came out of the closet" at an early age.

They were born straight. They should use the pot straight.

• It's insane and unfair on "cis gendered" children.

Transgender children suffer from a mental disorder, where they somehow "feel like a female" or "feel like a male", which I don't believe is possible. You can't feel like you're of one gender or the other, you're either of that gender, or you're not, biologically. What they "feel like" is simply a mental delusion, as there's no such thing as "male brains" nor "female brains", and gender roles are a social construct. To suggest otherwise is sexist.
    What makes it worse is that these transgender children still have the private parts of their actual biological gender, which will make it uncomfortable for "cis genders".
    They should use the bathrooms for those with disabilities, because that's what they have.

• We Do Not

That would be teaching kids bad morals. This is why the USA gets looked at weird because of morals. Just because you're a boy and feel like a girl, doesn't mean you should get to use the girls' bathroom and vice versa. Just plain wrong!!! People/ kids get decieved when they think this is okay.

• I don't agree.

Men are men, women are women.
    A woman has a vagina and men have a penis. That's how it is. If you go and get surgery to correct your gender then you are still the gender that your body parts depict.
    Bathrooms show signs with men or women on them. Look at them and go where you should.

• Not for little children of big babies...

Transgender people are just sad and confused beings that can't own up to the truth that God makes no mistakes. If you want to change your gender, tough. What's so bad about the one you were assigned to at birth? One out of four girls are sexually abused as children, and I'm positive that letting transgender females into the female bathroom would increase those numbers. Wake up people! This is madness.

• Careful, I might hurt some feelings.

I want equality... But I also want special treatment.

Transgender don't need equality because they already have it. It just they want special treatment.

See, they already can go to the bathrooms designed for them, they just don't wanna.

What I say: learn how to use the potty right and stoput acting like feelings make things what they are.

• Use the restroom according to the private part.

If you have a penis you should use a male restroom. If you have a vagina you should use the female restroom. Simple as that. I'd feel very uncomfortable if a transgendered came into a public restroom that I was in. Imagine a man in there with your baby or child. They are so worried about trying fitting in that they don't care about making others feel uncomfortable. I belong in a womens restroom so why do I have to share with a male?

• Hurting Peoples Feelings, Sorry.

I have no IDEA why you would want to change the way your gender .It's pretty simple if you're born with a penis you are male, and if you are born with a vagina, you're female. You cannot CHANGE your gender because your brain is acting funky. If you THINK you're "transgender", it's a thought. It'll go away soon. "Feeling like a female" or "feeling like a male", is something I don't believe is possible. You can't feel like you're the other gender because you're e not, biologically that gender. What you "feel like" is simply a mental delusion, and needs to be checked out and helped.

• I don't support

I have no clue why you would want to change the way your gender is after the way you're born. Its pretty simple if you are born with a penis you are male if you are born with a vagina you are female. Where does transgender come in on this? Men have testosterone, women have estradiol, why would you take pills or have surgery to change the way you are? There is no point...

• It is not correct

First of all, it conflicts with basic science and biology, thus it is not a real thing to be a trans man or a trans woman since they are simply dressed up and look like the sex they wish to be. Since i am a man of science and facts, Transgender equality should not be supported.