• It is an essential language

In today's world, more people than ever speaks a romance language. By learning the basics of Spanish ( a romance language) you are then able to travel and communicate with everyone else that has learned a romance language. Most of the time if you say something in Spanish in Italy, they would still understand what you are trying to say.

• Si, estudiantes necessita.

La clase de espanol es muy interesante para estudiantes de estados unidos. Soy americano y yo aprender espanol. Ahora, hablo un poco de espanol.

Translation: Spanish class is very interesting for students from the United States. I am American and I learn Spanish. Now, I speak a little bit of Spanish.

• In my opinion kids in all grades should learn how to speak Spanish.

Kids in all grades should take Spanish class because it is a popular language and it is easier according to other students. That is what I think.Also I think that Chinese wouldn't really Catch students minds or attention, and there is a lot of Spanish kids comping to English schools. So we know how to translate for the teachers.

• Students should be required to take Spanish classes in high school.

Yes because It will be the opportunity to learn the language for many people. In today's world, more people than ever speaks the Spanish language. By learning the basics of Spanish you are then able to travel and communicate with everyone else that has learned the Spanish language. Most of the time if you say something in Spanish, they would still understand what you are trying to say.

• Yes, for many more reason then I have listed...

Spanish will help land people land better jobs. People could be more open to their neighbors, and appreciate other cultures. America is now the 2nd largest country in the world that speaks Spanish, just recently passing Spain and Colombia. Its said that by 2050 America will be the largest Spanish speaking country in the world, which is saying something considering America's primary language is English.
    Yes, America is a melting pot of many different cultures, and languages, but Spanish is the most common language there is compared to the others. People should at least know the 2nd largest language in America. Kudos to them if they want to learn more languages.
    It is said that Spanish isn't that hard to learn and could very possibly improve your English skills , considering the similarities between the two languages. They both have Latin roots, and thousand of similar cognates. It is easier for people who speak English to speak Spanish, then it is for people who speak Spanish to speak English. English is known as the most difficult language to learn.
    If people who speak Spanish, really take pride in being in America, then they will try to learn English. People need to be understanding, English is hard, even for people who are fluent. Be proud of the people who can speak broken English, they are trying...

• Yes, Spanish should be required in the United States.

In the US there the majority spoken language is English. However, with our close neighbour, Mexico and the South American nations, a large portion of immigrants that can only speak Spanish are beginning to make up larger and larger parts of this country. I feel that students should be made to take Spanish or at least some form of foreign language, not only for the benefit of others, but as a great way to enrich the culture and understanding of that individual. With bilingual people in this country, acceptance and understanding would grow.

• Yes because i like spanish

I think they should because they can speak in secret languages and help people translate English to Spanish which I love to do and will always do. Last but not least my own because I love Spanish because it is one of my favorite languages. That is why i said yes.

• Ya harambe harambe

Harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambeharambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe harambe

• What about other languages?

Personally, i think you should get to choose the language you learn. For example, i would like to learn german, but i am stuck learning spanish. I am very mad about that because i have zero interest in it and it is hard for me to learn a language i hvae NO interest in at ALL!

• They should be aloud to choose what language they learn

They should have freedom of choice to choose what language they want to learn. If they want to learn German, they should be encouraged to learn it and not forced to learn a language they dont want to learn. Just think, do you really want to finish a book you have no interest in? Same thing with a language.

• It is not required for my degree but required by colleges

I am going into IT and it is required for a four year degree and I will never use it. I am not fond of warm temperatures so I will never travel, why can't we learn a different language, like c++. So I say I we don't need it bye.

• It is a personal goal

Learning a laungage can be helpful but shouldn't be forced on some, especially in schools! Spanish classes take up more of a person's time than any other. Another language should be learned at someone's leisure, and at their own pace. Requiring people to go through these classes will just lead people to have a negative outlook on the lanuage.

• Do they have to take english

Do they have to take ienglish in mexico? The awnser is no. So why should we have to learn their language in our country. I think we should be able to choose if we learn spanish if we want to not because it is requierd. That is my opinnion wether you like it or not.

• No no no no

Fuck no no no no no. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• We are Americans !

Foreign language classes is not the issue, the issue is requiring it be Spanish. Our foundation is built on a melting-pot of cultures and not just one. We as a founding nation decided it would be English that would serve as our nation language. No other nation accommodate other speakers, to function in this country you must speak English not forced to learn another countries language.

• Fuck off no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Keeping me off Honor roll

I am an A B grade student which would get me on the honor roll but I am miserable at Spanish. The highest grade I ever got was an 80. And that is in 3 years time. My average is 65 to 75, a failing grade. This is ruining my honor roll chances. If was optional then I would be on honor roll.

• We don't have to!!!!!

We don't "have to" required to take a Spanish class. Nonononononononononononoononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononnonononoononononononononononononnonononononononononononnononononononononoonononononononononononononnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooand lastly, William is stupid. He said he failed Spanish test today.LOL ha ha ha ha ha ah ha ha ah ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah aha ah aha ah William Is stupid S T U P I D

PlumberGirl123 says2014-07-18T23:01:52.727
Portuguese is what we should learn. It'd be more useful